Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th February 2021, 13:08   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Your expectation is recommendation on what could be done with 75k on the Audio and Rev camera or what other items could be added along with these 2 keeping the budget cap?

If it is the later, I would suggest the Tire upgrade. Since they are 5+ years already and hardly used, they tend to get hard. My recommendation will be ICE package (HU with Android Auto / Car Play + Speakers + Damping) for 50k and 20-25k for tires

EDIT: Took a long time to submit the post and commonman covered the same content already
75k is a good budget to make a car more comfortable. There are so many accessories in the 1000 inr range which change the interior of the car by a long mile.

In addition to the two things you mentioned, I would suggest you for the mood lighting, better gear knob (maruti has horrible gear knobs), good quality steering cover, window film (to improve cooling).

For the Tires, I would recommend an alloy wheel upgrade to a tyre upgrade, as I dont think the tyres need a replacement given their age. Its a regularly run, low odo vehicle after all.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 14:00   #3332
AZT
BHPian

Get a nice leather steering wheel wrap, maybe also plush seat covers. Since you mentioned better audio system, I'm guessing this also includes a touch screen display with Android auto / Apple Car play.

Does Vxi come with steering mounted controls, you can check if it's possible to replace that with the one from the Zxi variant.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 15:51   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Your expectation is recommendation on what could be done with 75k on the Audio and Rev camera or what other items could be added along with these 2 keeping the budget cap?

If it is the later, I would suggest the Tire upgrade. Since they are 5+ years already and hardly used, they tend to get hard. My recommendation will be ICE package (HU with Android Auto / Car Play + Speakers + Damping) for 50k and 20-25k for tires
Thanks! Any suggestions for a particular HU? Damping for sure!

The tyres are okay - got them checked recently. Its run regularly just really short runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Get a nice leather steering wheel wrap, maybe also plush seat covers. Since you mentioned better audio system, I'm guessing this also includes a touch screen display with Android auto / Apple Car play.

Does Vxi come with steering mounted controls, you can check if it's possible to replace that with the one from the Zxi variant.
The seat covers are already plush. Would love some recommendations for the touchscreen display or should I just land at the store and decide there?

The leather steering wrap for sure!

The vxi does have steering mounted controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Since it is a 2016 car, time had come for change of tires. This is something where you can make the drive more comfortable by choosing right tires and even doing an upsize too with alloys. A good display with reverse camera, parking monitor system must be installed. Seat covers can be considered, again seeing the age of the vehicle.
These are the things coming to my mind, what I will do, if I am in your place.
Tyre upsize is on the cards tho the tyres are still good for a while and since they're old, I am not getting a good exchange value so that will happen when a replacement is needed.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th February 2021 at 15:58. Reason: Note online
akshay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 16:08   #3334
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay View Post
Would love some recommendations for the touchscreen display or should I just land at the store and decide there?
Definitely search for the thread on the forum before going to the store, see some reviews and then decide.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 17:35   #3335
BHPian

Default Got gifted an Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

I would suggest to get the detailing done on outer paint as well as interiors, at a reputed car detailer like 3M. It will become fresh.
You should also get silence coating done as well as underbody coating - it definitely reduces road noise and gives protection from rust.
Please get a TPMS to monitor tyre air pressure and temperature.

Last edited by Abhishek_Garg : 26th February 2021 at 17:36.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 18:29   #3336
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Default Re: Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

If possible get a new set of tyres. Even though low run, sometimes tyres can develop cracks over time. In addition to the reverse CAM, also go for a full service. Get all necessary fluids changed and proper inspection of all wear and tear parts. In your not planning on getting new seat covers, do give the car for an extensive interior cleaning.

Last edited by TrackDay : 26th February 2021 at 18:30.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 18:30   #3337
BHPian

Default Re: Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay View Post
So far my Wishlist is the following:
1. Better Audio system
2. Reverse Camera

Thank you
Congratulations on your new ride!

Answering your questions in order:

1. Take a look at this thread, I think the Ertiga would fit the Keylargo 970. Along with this, for better audio, get speakers and damping sheets. (Blaupunkt Head-Unit with Android Auto in my Maruti-Suzuki Ignis)

2. Any reputed accessories shop should be able to get you a good reversing camera. Take a look at the T-BHP directory for trusted shops.

Other things I would do:

1. Full Detail from a reputed store.
2. Get the tires changed or at least install some form of TPMS.
3. Get a dashcam (pretty much a necessity these days!)
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 08:02   #3338

Hello everyone, I am Aditya, and today I would like to tell you guys about my 2014 ERTIGA VXI CNG ANNIVERSARY EDITION.

I bought this car back in August 2014... and since then, my experience has been very good, especially while driving on CNG. In the 6 and a half years that I have owned the car, I never faced any queues longer than 10 minutes at the CNG pump either.

The car has been absolutely bulletproof and never have I ever had any complaints with the car in terms of drivability.

Having owned it for 6 and a half years, I also had to replace some parts like tyres, batteries, suspension, CNG regulator pump etc.

I have also done a lot of road trips with this car to Pune, Lonavala, Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Igatpuri, Nashik, Ratnagiri, etc.

Also, with the rising costs of petrol, CNG has been very pocket friendly and is one of the best alternatives for alternative fuels.
The cost of petrol in Mumbai in March 2021 stands at around ₹97 to ₹98 whereas the price for CNG is just ₹49.8!!

I have also made a short video in which I have talked about the car along with a lot of footage of the service of the car and the trips that I have made till date

This is a short video if you want to learn more about my experience with the car-

I have driven my car for about 1 lakh kms you can see that here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...1&d=1617094089

Some photos of my roadtrips
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...1&d=1617094224

The car still drives pretty well, even after 1 lakh kms.
If I have to talk about the cost of servicing, it was about Rs.8K to Rs.12K for the first 3 years and after that, it was Rs.12K to Rs.15K for 1 service.

The most expensive servicing that I had to do was about Rs.40K in which I had to replace the whole suspension setup.

There was also a CNG regulator which was quite expensive. I had to pay around Rs.25K for that part.

So, yeah the service cost for these 2 services were very high but other than that I have saved a lot of money in running costs and that's why I am not exactly complaining.

Also, I have changed the tyres and the batteries once on my car.w
The car has always been very comfortable to sit in (besides the third row).
I really wish they had provided headrests in the 3rd row for the older Ertiga VXI CNG as well.

But other than that, I really love my car and enjoy driving it even today.
Thank you so much for reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga-2.png  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-1.png  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2.png  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-3.png  

aditya.s.s is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed