Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2021, 13:08   #3331
Senior - BHPian

re: Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Your expectation is recommendation on what could be done with 75k on the Audio and Rev camera or what other items could be added along with these 2 keeping the budget cap?

If it is the later, I would suggest the Tire upgrade. Since they are 5+ years already and hardly used, they tend to get hard. My recommendation will be ICE package (HU with Android Auto / Car Play + Speakers + Damping) for 50k and 20-25k for tires

EDIT: Took a long time to submit the post and commonman covered the same content already
75k is a good budget to make a car more comfortable. There are so many accessories in the 1000 inr range which change the interior of the car by a long mile.

In addition to the two things you mentioned, I would suggest you for the mood lighting, better gear knob (maruti has horrible gear knobs), good quality steering cover, window film (to improve cooling).

For the Tires, I would recommend an alloy wheel upgrade to a tyre upgrade, as I dont think the tyres need a replacement given their age. Its a regularly run, low odo vehicle after all.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 14:00   #3332
AZT
BHPian

Get a nice leather steering wheel wrap, maybe also plush seat covers. Since you mentioned better audio system, I'm guessing this also includes a touch screen display with Android auto / Apple Car play.

Does Vxi come with steering mounted controls, you can check if it's possible to replace that with the one from the Zxi variant.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 15:51   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Your expectation is recommendation on what could be done with 75k on the Audio and Rev camera or what other items could be added along with these 2 keeping the budget cap?

If it is the later, I would suggest the Tire upgrade. Since they are 5+ years already and hardly used, they tend to get hard. My recommendation will be ICE package (HU with Android Auto / Car Play + Speakers + Damping) for 50k and 20-25k for tires
Thanks! Any suggestions for a particular HU? Damping for sure!

The tyres are okay - got them checked recently. Its run regularly just really short runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Get a nice leather steering wheel wrap, maybe also plush seat covers. Since you mentioned better audio system, I'm guessing this also includes a touch screen display with Android auto / Apple Car play.

Does Vxi come with steering mounted controls, you can check if it's possible to replace that with the one from the Zxi variant.
The seat covers are already plush. Would love some recommendations for the touchscreen display or should I just land at the store and decide there?

The leather steering wrap for sure!

The vxi does have steering mounted controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Since it is a 2016 car, time had come for change of tires. This is something where you can make the drive more comfortable by choosing right tires and even doing an upsize too with alloys. A good display with reverse camera, parking monitor system must be installed. Seat covers can be considered, again seeing the age of the vehicle.
These are the things coming to my mind, what I will do, if I am in your place.
Tyre upsize is on the cards tho the tyres are still good for a while and since they're old, I am not getting a good exchange value so that will happen when a replacement is needed.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Eddy : 26th February 2021 at 15:58. Reason: Note online
akshay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 16:08   #3334
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay View Post
Would love some recommendations for the touchscreen display or should I just land at the store and decide there?
Definitely search for the thread on the forum before going to the store, see some reviews and then decide.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 17:35   #3335
BHPian

Got gifted an Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

I would suggest to get the detailing done on outer paint as well as interiors, at a reputed car detailer like 3M. It will become fresh.
You should also get silence coating done as well as underbody coating - it definitely reduces road noise and gives protection from rust.
Please get a TPMS to monitor tyre air pressure and temperature.

Last edited by Abhishek_Garg : 26th February 2021 at 17:36.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 18:29   #3336
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

If possible get a new set of tyres. Even though low run, sometimes tyres can develop cracks over time. In addition to the reverse CAM, also go for a full service. Get all necessary fluids changed and proper inspection of all wear and tear parts. In your not planning on getting new seat covers, do give the car for an extensive interior cleaning.

Last edited by TrackDay : 26th February 2021 at 18:30.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 18:30   #3337
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got gifted a 2016 Ertiga Vxi. Need to make it more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay View Post
So far my Wishlist is the following:
1. Better Audio system
2. Reverse Camera

Thank you
Congratulations on your new ride!

Answering your questions in order:

1. Take a look at this thread, I think the Ertiga would fit the Keylargo 970. Along with this, for better audio, get speakers and damping sheets. (Blaupunkt Head-Unit with Android Auto in my Maruti-Suzuki Ignis)

2. Any reputed accessories shop should be able to get you a good reversing camera. Take a look at the T-BHP directory for trusted shops.

Other things I would do:

1. Full Detail from a reputed store.
2. Get the tires changed or at least install some form of TPMS.
3. Get a dashcam (pretty much a necessity these days!)
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 08:02   #3338

Hello everyone, I am Aditya, and today I would like to tell you guys about my 2014 ERTIGA VXI CNG ANNIVERSARY EDITION.

I bought this car back in August 2014... and since then, my experience has been very good, especially while driving on CNG. In the 6 and a half years that I have owned the car, I never faced any queues longer than 10 minutes at the CNG pump either.

The car has been absolutely bulletproof and never have I ever had any complaints with the car in terms of drivability.

Having owned it for 6 and a half years, I also had to replace some parts like tyres, batteries, suspension, CNG regulator pump etc.

I have also done a lot of road trips with this car to Pune, Lonavala, Ahmedabad, Nagpur, Igatpuri, Nashik, Ratnagiri, etc.

Also, with the rising costs of petrol, CNG has been very pocket friendly and is one of the best alternatives for alternative fuels.
The cost of petrol in Mumbai in March 2021 stands at around ₹97 to ₹98 whereas the price for CNG is just ₹49.8!!

I have also made a short video in which I have talked about the car along with a lot of footage of the service of the car and the trips that I have made till date

This is a short video if you want to learn more about my experience with the car-

I have driven my car for about 1 lakh kms you can see that here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...1&d=1617094089

Some photos of my roadtrips
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...1&d=1617094224

The car still drives pretty well, even after 1 lakh kms.
If I have to talk about the cost of servicing, it was about Rs.8K to Rs.12K for the first 3 years and after that, it was Rs.12K to Rs.15K for 1 service.

The most expensive servicing that I had to do was about Rs.40K in which I had to replace the whole suspension setup.

There was also a CNG regulator which was quite expensive. I had to pay around Rs.25K for that part.

So, yeah the service cost for these 2 services were very high but other than that I have saved a lot of money in running costs and that's why I am not exactly complaining.

Also, I have changed the tyres and the batteries once on my car.w
The car has always been very comfortable to sit in (besides the third row).
I really wish they had provided headrests in the 3rd row for the older Ertiga VXI CNG as well.

But other than that, I really love my car and enjoy driving it even today.
Thank you so much for reading!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga-2.png  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-1.png  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-2.png  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-3.png  

aditya.s.s is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 02:02   #3339
BHPian

Re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Hi everyone,

I need help in choosing the correct replacement part for the driver side ORVM set (electrically folding) for Dec 2015 Ertiga (facelift) VDI variant.

A week before two drunkards riding a motorbike with the co-rider holding a bicycle (horizontally) coming in the opposite direction hit our Ertiga which was slowed down to 30kmph to give space for the motorbike in a narrow rural road . The driver side ORVM glass as well as glass holder and body coloured cover are broken (see images). So I think the whole assembly must be replaced.

I called up the MASS, the SA told me that there are two part numbers shown in their database for this vehicle's VIN and he wanted to inspect the vehicle in person to check the exact part number before placing the order. Unfortunately the service centre is 50kms away and my dad has no time to take the vehicle to MASS.

I checked boodmo website and found the following offers:
  1. OEM replacement: ₹4,420 Link
  2. Aftermarket (Lumax/Dkmax): ₹1,778 Link
  3. Aftermarket (Motherson): ₹3,478 Link

Whether is it worth to go with the aftermarket ones especially Lumax which is less than half the price of OEM part and whether the outside cap must be painted with the vehicle body colour?

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-photo-04.04.21-16-40-03.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-photo-04.04.21-16-40-02.jpg
Old 18th April 2021, 07:12   #3340
MaG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.s.s View Post
Hello everyone, I am Aditya, and today I would like to tell you guys about my 2014 ERTIGA VXI CNG ANNIVERSARY EDITION.
Hi Aditya,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Without a doubt, the ertiga CNG is an excellent car to own. Having one myself the 2018 CNG version and I've clocked 1 lakh on the Odo. Replaced the tyres last month and I was happily shocked myself that the stock GY tyres stayed alive for about lakh kms. Needless to mention, I've always maintained the company stipulated tyre pressure strictly. No local guys filling 32 PS strictly, and it helped!

Have done long drives like Pune-Raipur thrice, Pune-Mumbai was a bi-weekly commute thanks to my office work and the main reason to own a 2nd CNG car(previously owned WagonR CNG 2014-2016 and clocked 1 lakh kms), Pune-Bangalore done once, whenever in Pune the avg per day running is about 70-100 kms.

Pain point to an extent is a huge body roll and clatter of the 2nd row. The SA has not been able to fix the seat clatter issue for a long time now which bothers me. Any similar issue which you've faced?
MaG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 14:32   #3341

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Hi Aditya,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Without a doubt, the ertiga CNG is an excellent car to own. Having one myself the 2018 CNG version and I've clocked 1 lakh on the Odo. Replaced the tyres last month and I was happily shocked myself that the stock GY tyres stayed alive for about lakh kms. Needless to mention, I've always maintained the company stipulated tyre pressure strictly. No local guys filling 32 PS strictly, and it helped!

Have done long drives like Pune-Raipur thrice, Pune-Mumbai was a bi-weekly commute thanks to my office work and the main reason to own a 2nd CNG car(previously owned WagonR CNG 2014-2016 and clocked 1 lakh kms), Pune-Bangalore done once, whenever in Pune the avg per day running is about 70-100 kms.

Pain point to an extent is a huge body roll and clatter of the 2nd row. The SA has not been able to fix the seat clatter issue for a long time now which bothers me. Any similar issue which you've faced?
Hey MaG, Having owned the previous generation Ertiga VXI CNG and now having taken delivery of the new-gen Ertiga VXI CNG as well, I can tell you that yes indeed there were some noise issues like such in the previous generation as well as the new generation Ertiga as well.

To tackle this, I have installed sound deadening material throughout the car. I have also installed carpet on the floor of the car. This hasn't really made too much of a difference, but still, the car feels better than before.
The seat clatter noise issue is mostly due to the seats not getting locked into the slot properly while moving them forward.
So, every time I move my seat, I give it a good old pounding to slot it correctly.
aditya.s.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:39   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Whether is it worth to go with the aftermarket ones especially Lumax which is less than half the price of OEM part and whether the outside cap must be painted with the vehicle body colour?
Hey, I also have the same query and for some reason boodmo isn't working for me at all for the past few days. Also due to same reason our ORVM got smashed as well, a reckless biker.

Could you please tell me what solution you chose for this because MASS is quoting 5,500 rupees + labour here for driver side ORVM and in my opinion, it's absurd pricing.
Old 24th June 2021, 02:26   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
Hey, I also have the same query and for some reason boodmo isn't working for me at all for the past few days. Also due to same reason our ORVM got smashed as well, a reckless biker.

Could you please tell me what solution you chose for this because MASS is quoting 5,500 rupees + labour here for driver side ORVM and in my opinion, it's absurd pricing.
Luckily in our case the mirror assembly was not broken and working. So we replaced only the mirror and outer cover painted in body colour.

Mirror part no.: 84730M74LC0 (Rs.207)
Outer cover part no.: 84718M74LA0-5PK (Rs.168)

Total cost including painting charges and GST is Rs. 1129
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 01:43   #3344
BHPian

Seems like i keep coming to this thread because of problems with our Ertiga.

So, i have two questions:

Q1: (ABS) and (BRAKE) warning light glow up in the instrument cluster whenever the car is driven at highway speeds, say 70+. But the curious thing is that the brake pedal feel and bite are the same and the error goes away after restart but comes back again if the car goes above aforementioned speed. Now, the car is on stock tyres which are due to be replaced, could this be an alignment issue or a dirty/faulty sensor?

Q2: when the car goes above 2.2 - 2.5K rpm in any gear and i lift my foot off the accelerator completely, the car sticks to the same RPM for 1-2 seconds and then there's a notable jerk after which the rpm comes down. Now, shouldn't the RPM start coming down steadily as soon as i leave the accelerator? Because this issue was never present in the car before but the SA said it's normal which i believe is total bull.

P.S could anybody direct me to a pdf of Ertiga ZXI (2014) as my mum seems to have misplaced our original booklet that comes with the car.
Old 10th January 2022, 12:17   #3345

Looking for some advise here, please -

I have a Dec 2014 Ertiga Zxi and have been doing some updates since last year. Upsized tyres to 205/60 Hankook and just completely impressed with the ride quality and handling - done four trips mumbai delhi, though FE has been impacted but its a tradeoff i dont mind. Got Top Gear Nappa leather upholstery and mats done and XL6 led fogs (socket to socket) done the same year. Recently, I got a full fledge Sony ES audio upgrade - guy who I got it done from created a video of it !

Now I am planning to make a couple of updates and was looking for some guidance from the experts to add the following parts from the 2015 updated model -
1. Auto fold mirrors
2. Roof lamp with mic
3. Chrome door handles, that came in the Anniversary Edition (I managed to get the front grill)
4. And does it make and difference to get the factory parking sensors?

Any advise from the experts here is welcome as I intend to keep this car for a long time and do many more road trips.

Happy 2022 !
Best, Ajay

Most Viewed