Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 16:12   #1186
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnambiar View Post
Post first service, finding the power reduced, or, need to press pedal full down to get acceleration. any one faced similar issue?
First service is nothing but a water wash & visual inspection service. The check levels of all fluid levels (except fuel) & top up if required, nothing else. Some work shops wont even do that properly. They just take the vehicle inside, wash, dry & call the customer. I highly doubt if that caused something, what about fuel grade ? Is it gasoline or diesel ?
Old 25th June 2013, 17:31   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
I highly doubt if that caused something, what about fuel grade ? Is it gasoline or diesel ?
Diesal, it was filled up when sent for first service, so dont think fuel is an issue
Old 25th June 2013, 17:54   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnambiar View Post
Diesal, it was filled up when sent for first service, so dont think fuel is an issue
I had faced similar issues after service of my alto. I took it back and they found that some water was present in (forgot where/part) and had to clean and give it back. it took about 30 mins. please take it back to the service center and get it checked.
Old 28th June 2013, 00:15   #1189
BHPian

ertiga accessory /price list uploading since i hadn't seen it earlier -

(btw my ertiga is doing fine - three scrathes one self inflicted , 2 courtesy wife going to 3M soon )
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ERTIGA ACCESSORIES.pdf (631.8 KB, 34739 views)
hiunni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 15:15   #1190

Hi all, I have been a quiet reader of this thread so far. I am going to book the Zdi soon either in Dindigul (Tamil Nadu) or Chennai. Is anyone aware of the offers in Chennai? What's the current on-road price? Any initial bargains to expect for? especially the current set of accessories?

I also have some doubts:
Two different audio systems are listed in accessories (previous post by hiunni). Zdi already comes with one. Is it the premium one?
What's the specs of the bundled audio system? size of speakers, tweeters, Watts, etc. I don't like to replace it completely, but like to do simple improvements (e.g., replacing tweeter).
Old 1st July 2013, 12:27   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkX View Post
Hi all, I have been a quiet reader of this thread so far. I am going to book the Zdi soon either in Dindigul (Tamil Nadu) or Chennai. Is anyone aware of the offers in Chennai? What's the current on-road price? Any initial bargains to expect for? especially the current set of accessories?

I also have some doubts:
Two different audio systems are listed in accessories (previous post by hiunni). Zdi already comes with one. Is it the premium one?
What's the specs of the bundled audio system? size of speakers, tweeters, Watts, etc. I don't like to replace it completely, but like to do simple improvements (e.g., replacing tweeter).
Maruti sales have been falling all this year. So you can expect more discounts this month. But Rupee is also diving south. So Tough time for the car makers. Best they can do is halt their usual Price hikes and give same amount of discounts.

I was looking for Ertiga and waiting for EcoSport and now with pricing out, I am tilting towards EcoSport, but Vdi is just 30K more expensive than the Trend Ecosport.

Need to see if Maruti offers more discounts now.
Old 1st July 2013, 14:20   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I was looking for Ertiga and waiting for EcoSport and now with pricing out, I am tilting towards EcoSport, but Vdi is just 30K more expensive than the Trend Ecosport.

Need to see if Maruti offers more discounts now.
Hi Rajshenoy, that there is not much of a difference between the Ertiga VDi & Ecosport Trend variant, but these are completely two different segments, one is a MUV & the other is a SUV. If you are never going to use the fifth & sixth seat, you can totally strike off the Ertiga from your list. My case is exactly the reverse. I will have to carry 4 adults & 2 kids in all my long/outstation trips. Hence I cannot consider the Ecosport, however lucrative it may seem. I am also open to big sedans like the Manza or Etios in the used market if I get some very good offers.
Old 1st July 2013, 14:37   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi Rajshenoy, that there is not much of a difference between the Ertiga VDi & Ecosport Trend variant, but these are completely two different segments, one is a MUV & the other is a SUV. If you are never going to use the fifth & sixth seat, you can totally strike off the Ertiga from your list. My case is exactly the reverse. I will have to carry 4 adults & 2 kids in all my long/outstation trips. Hence I cannot consider the Ecosport, however lucrative it may seem. I am also open to big sedans like the Manza or Etios in the used market if I get some very good offers.
It all boils down to how often you want to use that 3rd row seat, and when you do that where are you going to store your luggage.

I am still not ruling out Ertiga, but my usual usage is just 1-2 persons. I too will need 4 adults and 2 small kids, but then it will be mostly on weekends only and though its fine for city rides, It will be totally odd on long drivers due to lack of boot space. But no one can deny that Ertiga has very good space utilization

I can say Its about being practical vs being snobbish

Last edited by rajshenoy : 1st July 2013 at 14:39.
Old 1st July 2013, 15:14   #1194

Thanks for your reply! Our purpose is to have enough luggage space at the back and occasional occupation last row seats. If we have a smaller car, we may have to hire a bigger one once in a while just because we don't have enough luggage space at the back (e.g., drop off at airports with 2-4 big baggages). We are now negotiating and will finalise the booking soon.
Old 1st July 2013, 15:49   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkX View Post
Thanks for your reply! Our purpose is to have enough luggage space at the back and occasional occupation last row seats. If we have a smaller car, we may have to hire a bigger one once in a while just because we don't have enough luggage space at the back (e.g., drop off at airports with 2-4 big baggages). We are now negotiating and will finalise the booking soon.
Do let me know about this months Discounts Last month it stood at 15K cash discount and 15K exchange bonus. Also try if any corporate discount are available. 2-3K typically
Old 1st July 2013, 17:32   #1196
BHPian

Got the Dieseltronic fitted on my Ertiga Zdi over the weekend at Race Dynamics.

My LUV had done around 1400 kms when this was fitted on.
The connectors fit in to the original ones. the box itself was tied on top of the battery.
Not sure if its ruggedised meaning heat, dust, water etc... impact it or not.

This is the one with the dual channel. One controls the fuel supply and the other one the turbo boost.
Karthik from RD came with me on a ride after the Dieseltronic was fitted on to check out the modes and my feedback about the same.

Below 2K rpm, the turbo lag was significant prior to this. This was magnified as the number of passengers in the car increased. Hence I wanted this to be reduced.
My cruising speed on the highways is 100kmph. So all I want is to reach 100kmph quickly.

Karthik played around with the values sitting next to me with his laptop plugged into the RD box as I drove around.
With P1 now, I can feel the difference right from about 1500 rpm in all gears. The feel of the surge is now from about 1800 rpm and then the turbo kicks in fully at 2K rpm.
With P2, it was going like a maniac during the test drive.

After the fitment, have been driving in P1 mode and am very happy with the results.
The turbo lag is significantly reduced.
Haven't tried the 'P2', 'E' or 'S' modes yet in the city.

Regards
Ravi.
Old 1st July 2013, 19:04   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
Got the Dieseltronic fitted on my Ertiga Zdi over the weekend at Race Dynamics.

My LUV had done around 1400 kms when this was fitted on.
The connectors fit in to the original ones. the box itself was tied on top of the battery.
Not sure if its ruggedised meaning heat, dust, water etc... impact it or not.

This is the one with the dual channel. One controls the fuel supply and the other one the turbo boost.
Karthik from RD came with me on a ride after the Dieseltronic was fitted on to check out the modes and my feedback about the same.

Below 2K rpm, the turbo lag was significant prior to this. This was magnified as the number of passengers in the car increased. Hence I wanted this to be reduced.
My cruising speed on the highways is 100kmph. So all I want is to reach 100kmph quickly.

Karthik played around with the values sitting next to me with his laptop plugged into the RD box as I drove around.
With P1 now, I can feel the difference right from about 1500 rpm in all gears. The feel of the surge is now from about 1800 rpm and then the turbo kicks in fully at 2K rpm.
With P2, it was going like a maniac during the test drive.

After the fitment, have been driving in P1 mode and am very happy with the results.
The turbo lag is significantly reduced.
Haven't tried the 'P2', 'E' or 'S' modes yet in the city.

Regards
Ravi.
If turbo lag can be reduced, why is maruti reluctant to do so? Everyone complains of turbo lag and what could be the reason they did not want to address it themselves?

Also what will happen to your warranty?
Old 1st July 2013, 19:17   #1198
BHPian

Can any Ertiga owner please enlighten me as to whether Maruti has compromised the seating comfort of the second row to accommodate the third row or is it evenly spaced?
Old 1st July 2013, 20:51   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranjal1984 View Post
Can any Ertiga owner please enlighten me as to whether Maruti has compromised the seating comfort of the second row to accommodate the third row or is it evenly spaced?
The second row slides like the first row seats in all other cars . So you can move it forwards or backwards as per your preference . When you need some leg room in the third row you move these forward. There is no compromise as such . This is a first in class feature , no other MUV offers sliding seats .
gautamkhadse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 22:22   #1200
BHPian

@ Ertiga petrol owner :- What is the mileage of petrol model in city?

With A/C : ?
Without A/C : ?

I have zeroed on Zxi model. I will book in 1-2 days.

Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks