Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 12:28   #1936
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Innova has 2 compressors. If you watch closely, you'll find condensed water from the rear compressor dripping on the back right side, between the right tail lamp and right rear tyre. The compressor at the front drains its water out from under the engine bay.
Yes, even I have seen that water draining out from the rear near tail lamp from multiple Innova's. But hard to believe it has dual compressor. So second compressor draws a lot of power?

Amit
Old 30th July 2014, 14:08   #1937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
There have been instances where the Ertiga owners have complained about the seats rattling due to excessive play. To be honest, I faced this problem only with the first row seats only after getting the seat covers done.
Hi Parag,

Got the rear seat bolts tightened from MASS yesterday as per your pictorial representation. But, the rattle sound persists. I guess that's a manufacturing defect. I heard from couple of other Ertiga owners at the service centre, that they have been living with that sound for the last 1.5 years.

I guess I should keep the seats at different reclining position to see if the sound arises. If this doesn't work out, I am going to get my Fiesta's ICE and Cosworth Endcan that lying unused for the last 4 months fixed onto my Ertiga ASAP so that the rattle sound doesn't interfere with the Bass

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 30th July 2014 at 14:10.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 17:46   #1938
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I guess I should keep the seats at different reclining position to see if the sound arises.
Try another reclining angle or try it once in flat. If the sounds don't come well and good.

Quote:
If this doesn't work out, I am going to get my Fiesta's ICE and Cosworth Endcan that lying unused for the last 4 months fixed onto my Ertiga ASAP so that the rattle sound doesn't interfere with the Bass
A mild warning.

The bass from the ICE will induce further rattles and squeaks so be careful.

Hope you get my point.

Anurag.
Old 30th July 2014, 18:59   #1939
BHPian

Ever since I got the seat covers done on my Ertiga VDI (more than one year ago), I'm living with the rattles. Tightening the screws did not help.
nistala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 14:25   #1940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
So Innova high end variant i.e. G or V have two compressor (front & rear), I seriously doubt that, I know for a fact they have separate Coiling coils/evaporator coils but two compressor i'm not sure?

Would appreciate if you could post a pic for second compressor as well.

Thanks

Amit
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Innova has 2 compressors. If you watch closely, you'll find condensed water from the rear compressor dripping on the back right side, between the right tail lamp and right rear tyre. The compressor at the front drains its water out from under the engine bay.

Not two compressors but two cooling coils. I own an Innova V
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 14:32   #1941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
Not two compressors but two cooling coils. I own an Innova V
Bingo Bufferfan!

That's what I thought, its two coiling coils and certainly not two compressors
Old 31st July 2014, 14:57   #1942
Team-BHP Support

came across an old thread

Old 1st August 2014, 13:14   #1943
BHPian

And does anyone know what other large LUVs/SUVs have? Eg Duster, Fortuner, Strome, Outlander, XUV, Xylo and Scorpio? How is their AC set up?

This would be interesting.

Cheers
Old 1st August 2014, 13:17   #1944
Distinguished - BHPian

A small update: The innova has a larger compressor for higher end variants. The story of having two compressors was earlier told by a salesman which I verified as false.

The doubt that remains is if the rear cooling coil is cut off when rear blower is off.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 14:11   #1945
BHPian

Just a thought. Why don't we add the below issues in the First Page for the benefit of prospective buyers!

a) Wind noise from front windows - Can be fully arrested with a sealant at MASS
b) Rear A/C Rattling noise - Can be partially arrested by using additional foam packing from MASS
c) Rear Seat rattling - Nothing much can be done
Old 1st August 2014, 14:23   #1946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
c) Rear Seat rattling - Nothing much can be done
Don't rule this out. For all that I am doing over the last few weeks, I am sure will find the culprit. As for me, I have no rattles except the fact that the front 2 seats were shaking as the seat cover guy had not tightened the pivot bolts well.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 18:57   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Don't rule this out. For all that I am doing over the last few weeks, I am sure will find the culprit. As for me, I have no rattles except the fact that the front 2 seats were shaking as the seat cover guy had not tightened the pivot bolts well.
I am gonna get myself a torque wrench to try your suggestions . If two people can fix it by tightening the nuts , everyone else can . Lets kill this demon .
Old 1st August 2014, 19:32   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
a) Wind noise from front windows - Can be fully arrested with a sealant at MASS
Not the front windows but the middle window on the right often produce squeaky noise after driving in the rain. Rolling it up and down creates the noise.
Old 1st August 2014, 19:34   #1949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
I am gonna get myself a torque wrench to try your suggestions . If two people can fix it by tightening the nuts , everyone else can . Lets kill this demon .
Like I mentioned I discovered my front 2 seats were loose halfway during my GJ drive. Learnt that 2 bolts were loose which was handiwork of the seat fellow who didn't torque them tightly.

If rear seats are still rattling, I am sure to find the culprit other than the loose bolts.
Old 3rd August 2014, 12:00   #1950
BHPian

I got to drive the Ertiga sometime back. While I enjoyed the car, i felt it did not have the zip of my club class manza and personally i believe that suzuki did a great job by slotting this and I feel Tata missed a chance here in this segment. Why do i say this? The Ertiga and Manza share the same engine ( diesel ) with identical specs and surprising fact is the dimensions are more or less... The Manza has greater zip and feel while driving on the road compared to the Ertiga..not sure why but that's what i felt and i drove nearly 100 kms. Overall the Ertiga left a good feeling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks