Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 17:33   #1891
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
How many litres do you fill during refill ?
You will get more accurate calculation when you refill after the fuel is less than 1/4th left

I have observed a difference of 0.5 to 2 between mid and manual calculation
1st time filled 21 litres
2nd time, 32 litres
Old 21st July 2014, 19:40   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
1st time filled 21 litres
2nd time, 32 litres
Hmmm anything above 20 litre is a good measure.

When you say thankful, is it auto cutoff or filling till the brim ?

Auto cutoff is more accurate if you visit same pump as it cuts off at same point. Manual top up is well manual

Suggest you to enjoy your drive than worrying too much about mid. I always trust thankful method over digital stuff
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:19   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Hmmm anything above 20 litre is a good measure.

When you say thankful, is it auto cutoff or filling till the brim ?

Auto cutoff is more accurate if you visit same pump as it cuts off at same point. Manual top up is well manual

Suggest you to enjoy your drive than worrying too much about mid. I always trust thankful method over digital stuff
Its Auto Cutoff.

I am not worrying much about the MID. I feel I was better off when I use to calculate tank full method in my old swift, it did not have an MID.

The MID is actually setting up the expectation (wow 17 KMPL) and am tad disappointed when the results are way off in the tank full method. The best thing is to not look at the MID average at all.
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:29   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
Its Auto Cutoff.

I am not worrying much about the MID. I feel I was better off when I use to calculate tank full method in my old swift, it did not have an MID.

The MID is actually setting up the expectation (wow 17 KMPL) and am tad disappointed when the results are way off in the tank full method. The best thing is to not look at the MID average at all.
Yeah I fully understand. Suggest you to rather refer to DTE and instantaneous avg as that will help you with adjusting your style to get best economy.

During next service do check with S.A. as why so much difference is present. From day one my MID was showing 0.5 to 2 kmpl extra. Couple of times I have actually got more than what my MID showed, when refill was 10-20 ltrs
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:16   #1895
Team-BHP Support

Finally Maruti have done what I had mentioned in the official review 2 years back. Still not exactly what I was expecting but getting there.

I had written that the interiors are a sea of beige and they need to bring in the colour palette from the Dzire.

They have done exactly that. The beige gear lever should have been changed to black and they didn't put black on the door pads which is a bummer.

Hopefully next limited edition has black carpets also.

They should make this standard on V and Z variants and not some limited edition only.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:51   #1896
Distinguished - BHPian

There have been instances where the Ertiga owners have complained about the seats rattling due to excessive play. To be honest, I faced this problem only with the first row seats only after getting the seat covers done.

Apparently, the seat cover chap had ignored torquing the bolts properly resulting in more than usual play and the seats were shaking when there were no passengers on it.

I checked a few Ertigas owned by colleagues and at the Service center and realised that the play was more than usual and hence suspected the hinge bolts to be loose. Fixed this in under 10 minutes while I was in Rajkot in Jan 2014.

Now that owners are complaining about this "Issue", I managed to take things apart this morning and took pictures to help understand how to fix this issue for the 1st and 2nd row seats.

Please note that I have explained this pictorially for the Front Row left as well as second row left seats and the logic is applicable to the right counterparts as well.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_092832.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_092900.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_093043.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_093234.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_093238.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_094202.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_093523.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_093657.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_094406.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20140723_094540.jpg

Note:
The 3rd Row play is excessive and since this has no reclining feature and the fact that the seat back doesn't get locked using the typical hook mechanism, I will try to assess the 3rd row and share the details on how to plug the play to reduce the rattle/noise cause due to shaking when there are no passengers.
paragsachania is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 00:35   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Ertiga's design platform is similar to that of Swift and the Dzire just like we use to have an elongated station wagon from Skoda earlier based on Octavia's design. However, compared to Mobilio on the basis of exterior design I find Ertiga stale and boxed up so no amount of Limited Editions will make any difference. I as an owner put forward my views. I have booked an Ertiga Zxi and very well understand that even at the time of it's launch in April 2012 Maruti did not make any attempt of re-designing it and project it as different from Dzire and Swift. Mobilio however is far refreshing in terms of appeal to eyes.

Have a look:

Attachment 1264028

Image: http://overdrive.in/wp-content/uploa...s-Ertiga-2.jpg

Thanks.
So do you think that Mobilio's design platform is absolutely different from a Brio or an Amaze ?? I am afraid, the point you want to make hasn't been put across very clearly from what you wrote.

You find Ertiga's look stale and boxed up,and I personally find the Mobilio, Honda-under-pressure-to-find-competitor-for-Ertiga and outright comical !!
So again,I fail to see your point.

Its expected that every person will have his or her own view point. That doesn't prove a car is more 'refreshing to eyes' . Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, as the old saying goes. But from a fellow BHPian, you can consider this suggestion of cancelling your Ertiga booking and going for the Mobilio, as it appeals to you more.

PS - Nice picture you found out though.
Old 24th July 2014, 08:59   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
So do you think that Mobilio's design platform is absolutely different from a Brio or an Amaze ?? I am afraid, the point you want to make hasn't been put across very clearly from what you wrote.
I meant that though the platform basis may appear somewhat same for both cars respectively but the overall design of Mobilio looks rather contemporary to Ertiga.

Quote:
You find Ertiga's look stale and boxed up,and I personally find the Mobilio, Honda-under-pressure-to-find-competitor-for-Ertiga
So again,I fail to see your point.
Competition is a necessary evil. However, I agree Honda may have come up with this new design platform in a hurry but still appears good to me in comparison to Ertiga's straight design and lines.

Quote:
But from a fellow BHPian, you can consider this suggestion of cancelling your Ertiga booking and going for the Mobilio, as it appeals to you more.
Not possible, Paa is a Maruti loyalist, second, Ertiga is VFM for him and lastly I am not at all impressed by Honda ASC here in Noida i.e Ace Honda.

Quote:
PS - Nice picture you found out though
Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 24th July 2014 at 09:00.
Old 24th July 2014, 09:11   #1899
Senior - BHPian

This article says Maruti is offering up to 85000 discount on Ertiga. Is this post Mobilio effect or was the discount already in place even before the launch?

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporat...e-otherstories
Old 24th July 2014, 09:17   #1900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This article says Maruti is offering up to 85000 discount on Ertiga. Is this post Mobilio effect or was the discount already in place even before the launch?
Was there before the launch, I would not be surprised if this be withdrawn soon post the Mobilio.

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th July 2014 at 09:22.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 09:21   #1901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Was there before the launch, I would not be surprised this will be withdrawn soon post the Mobilio.
On the other hand, they could retain (or even enhance) the discounts and make sure Mobilio never takes off!
Old 24th July 2014, 09:21   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It's a old scheme. I have been given INR 30K as cash discount + Free basic kit of 3k. The total price of Ertiga was INR 8, 41, 000 but the deal got final at 8,04,000 after extracting INR 4000 extra discount from the Sales person.

Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 10:45   #1903
BHPian

Is the Ertiga limited edition changes available in all colors?
Old 24th July 2014, 11:22   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Finally Maruti have done what I had mentioned in the official review 2 years back. Still not exactly what I was expecting but getting there.

I had written that the interiors are a sea of beige and they need to bring in the colour palette from the Dzire.

They have done exactly that. The beige gear lever should have been changed to black and they didn't put black on the door pads which is a bummer.

Hopefully next limited edition has black carpets also.

They should make this standard on V and Z variants and not some limited edition only.
Vid,

+1 to what you've said. One of the reasons, I am not keen on purchasing the Ertiga is the interior color combo!. It may sound finicky but I look for easy to maintain interiors!. Given our dusty environment having beige interiors is a royal pain to maintain. I have a small kid and can't imagine the stains that will be left behind on those beige seats and carpets within a short span of time. What is the whole point in purchasing a vehicle and then spending more money to cover the beige interiors with carpets/seat covers etc? Looks like fitting these aftermarket covers etc. leads to rattles/vibrations or other irritants which again take time and effort to fix.

A disturbing fact is that manufacturers have started adopting this approach for the premium variants of their cars. The new Polo "Highline" comes with beige seats and carpets! while they have black interiors in the Comfortline variant. Although, I really like the goodies offered on the higher variants I have to put up with the interior color scheme that is highly impractical to maintain. Looks like Ecosport is one of the few exceptions.

Hope this trend reverses soon! and this is the first step towards the same.

Last edited by naut : 24th July 2014 at 11:24.
naut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 12:22   #1905
BHPian

Hello

In the last 15 days I found myself in the wonderful Ladakh region. I own a Ertiga but given time and location benefits I was in my brother's Tata Safari Storme. I had the opportunity to drive across Khardungla twice and spent a night in Nubra valley.

So why am I writing this in the official Ertiga thread. Well that is because I came a two Ertigas. One a UP80 number. And another a PB 65 number in those higher reaches. The UP80 number had 5 people and loads of baggage and it was right at Khardungla at 18360 feet height. The roads from Srinagar side are good just the zorilla patch is a bit difficult but other good in all parts. The Manali route is also good. The UP80 Ertiga had driven in from the Manali route. And the PB65 Ertiga had more travel plans around.

On the Srinagar side I found tons of Ertigas some from MH and GJ number series - all packed to the brim and carrying half a dozen Amarnath yatries. They reduced in number at Baltal.

At Khardungla I walked up and spoke to the owner of the Ertiga and that family was very pleased with the performance of the Ertiga.

Originally I had also thought of taking t he Ertiga from Bangalore but my brother stays in Gurgaon and finally it it was decided that we will drive his Storme.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks