Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 19:01   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur

Strangely after 1 and a half year later, even i got this issue once few days back. My w6 came back from 30k service and all this while my system was perfect. However, day before yesterday, all of a sudden i heard a loud boom and music stopped working. I could see the music running and i could change source as well but no sound. When i reached office, i did the same indian juggard, on and off, and system started to play music again.

Now its been 2 days since this happened so i guess i would like to wait an watch if this happens again

Last edited by nitinralli : 19th June 2013 at 19:02.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 06:48   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
If one has to do it, what could be a good thickness for the sheet-metal? Any views?
Maybe around 1/32" or slightly thicker -- approximately the kind of sheets that steel almirahs are fabricated out of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
However, day before yesterday, all of a sudden i heard a loud boom and music stopped working. I could see the music running and i could change source as well but no sound. When i reached office, i did the same indian juggard, on and off, and system started to play music again.

Now its been 2 days since this happened so i guess i would like to wait an watch if this happens again
The symptoms are identical to mine. It is quite probable that your defect will recur. Just keep the music (any source) on continuously (even when the car is parked) and look for recurrence of the problem.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 19:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
The symptoms are identical to mine. It is quite probable that your defect will recur. Just keep the music (any source) on continuously (even when the car is parked) and look for recurrence of the problem.
Yes it happened today again so will have it replaced.

Can you tell me how much time did it take for them to replace this box? I want to be mentally prepared when i go to their workshop, hence asking.
Old 20th June 2013, 20:44   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it happened today again so will have it replaced.

Can you tell me how much time did it take for them to replace this box? I want to be mentally prepared when i go to their workshop, hence asking.
The whole process should take about 30 minutes.

After the silver box is replaced, please check the following thoroughly yourself :
  1. Music from different sources.
  2. Bluetooth phone and music connectivity.
  3. HVAC indications.
  4. Reverse parking system.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 13:09   #185
Senior - BHPian

Amazing, The problem was resolved in 3 hrs flat. M&M has good service network, I suppose.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 07:55   #186
BHPian

Discovered beautiful shiny scuff plates

I recently realized (after taking a close look) that the door sill scuff plates in my XUV had white plastic sticker on them. All along I had thought that the scuff plates were white by design (really dumb on my part).

I removed the sticker from one of the scuff plates and hey presto, a shining scuff plate with a smooth mirror finish was revealed! Needless to say, I promptly removed the protective stickers from the other three scuff plates as well.

Scuff plate with the white plastic sticker.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-img_9344.jpg

Removal of sticker reveals shiny scuff plate, probably made of stainless steel.
Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-img_9343.jpga
debuda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 08:14   #187
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^^

I still have mine with the white sticker. I have a doubt that the shiny beautiful finish is not going to last too long with my kids stepping on those every time they get in and get out.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 13:37   #188
BHPian

I removed mine within just a few weeks and I now wish I had left them in peace. The shiny ones have more scratch marks than you can imagine.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 04:25   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Strangely after 1 and a half year later, even i got this issue once few days back. My w6 came back from 30k service and all this while my system was perfect. However, day before yesterday, all of a sudden i heard a loud boom and music stopped working. I could see the music running and i could change source as well but no sound. When i reached office, i did the same indian juggard, on and off, and system started to play music again.

I had this same problem in my W6. First time it happened, I followed the same Indian style of on/off method and it worked. After few days, it happened again and started working again. After some weeks, it became a regular problem - daily once.

I had my service due and I have raised this complaint and they returned me back saying that it was rectified. After few days of service, it started again, music suddenly stops, any source no music, switching off the system didn't work anymore. I had to restart the engine and that's when it took me off completely. I called up my RM and said after your due diligent service, my infotainment stopped working completely. He took 2 days for a replacement and they called me to replace the front infotainment system box(it is called as silver box for W6). He did mention that they have replaced the silver boxes in some W6s only if they have complained.

May be you need to check with your RM and ask them to replace the silver box. Let me know if this helps
balenoboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 04:38   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy View Post

I had this same problem in my W6. First time it happened, I followed the same Indian style of on/off method and it worked. After few days, it happened again and started working again. After some weeks, it became a regular problem - daily once.

I had my service due and I have raised this complaint and they returned me back saying that it was rectified. After few days of service, it started again, music suddenly stops, any source no music, switching off the system didn't work anymore. I had to restart the engine and that's when it took me off completely. I called up my RM and said after your due diligent service, my infotainment stopped working completely. He took 2 days for a replacement and they called me to replace the front infotainment system box(it is called as silver box for W6). He did mention that they have replaced the silver boxes in some W6s only if they have complained.

May be you need to check with your RM and ask them to replace the silver box. Let me know if this helps
I did get this replaced last month so its working fine rightnow. I had to wait for few weeks as my RM was on vacation and the silver box he kept for me was used by someother RM for his customer.
Old 15th August 2013, 17:58   #191
BHPian

Quote:
I did get this replaced last month so its working fine rightnow. I had to wait for few weeks as my RM was on vacation and the silver box he kept for me was used by someother RM for his customer.
I was told by my RM that silver boxes are not kept as spares by the ASC but are procured by them from Nippon against specific complaints only.
Old 15th August 2013, 18:18   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post

I was told by my RM that silver boxes are not kept as spares by the ASC but are procured by them from Nippon against specific complaints only.
Absolutly correct. He got it from nippon but due to some family emergency he had to rush home. He marked that box under my name and told another rm to follow up with me. But that rm took it for his own customer.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:55   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Scorpio has it at 100/120kmph and trust me its very irritating, especially when kids are sleeping on those long drives.
Which variant of the Scorpio do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
I have a CRDe SLX, I never crossed 120 on it and would like to know if such thing exists on my Scorpio.
Hariya has a CRDe heart and he does not have a speed alarm. I have hit 160kmph multiple times and my normal cruising speed is 120 kmph.
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:25   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
The XUV gives out a warning alarm when the speed is above 150kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Scorpio has it at 100/120kmph...
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
...does not have a speed alarm. I have hit 160kmph multiple times and my normal cruising speed is 120 kmph.
Scorpio Refresh in VLX trim (new dashboard console) have the speed alarm, which is resettable. Comes factory-set at 140 km/h IIRC, but can be changed at intervals of 10 km.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:54   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Which variant of the Scorpio do you own? Hariya has a CRDe heart and he does not have a speed alarm. I have hit 160kmph multiple times and my normal cruising speed is 120 kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Scorpio Refresh in VLX trim (new dashboard console) have the speed alarm, which is resettable. Comes factory-set at 140 km/h IIRC, but can be changed at intervals of 10 km.
I don't own any, but I test drove one when I visited Mahindra's showroom while booking my XUV in sept 2011. When I asked the rep about the alarm he told me it was factory fitted and configurable option. Thanks @SS-Traveller for verifying the particular model, because I had no idea what model it was.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks