Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 10:26   #196
BHPian

Re: Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur

Are the stock fog lights adequate for driving in dense fog?
Old 19th October 2013, 10:48   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
I have not driven through dense fog at night, so I won't be able to comment. However, I have driven through light fog and found the stock fog lights okay.
Old 26th October 2013, 07:18   #198
BHPian

ODO : 19,260 KM ; My XUV's first birthday

• Most of the 19,260 KM were clocked during long drives over the last year. I being a retired person (no office commute) and Jamshedpur being a small town, the car hardly runs in Jamshedpur. During the last 5 months since returning from the trip to Ladakh, the XUV has run only 1,300 KM out of which about 600 KM were done during 2 trips to Ranchi and back. In other words, my monthly running in Jamshedpur is less than 150 KM!

• I renewed my insurance from Bajaj Allianz this year after having stuck faithfully to New India Assurance for many decades. New India didn't even bother to send me a renewal notice. I'm hoping that Bajaj Allianz would be better. I never make a claim anyway and get even broken windshields repaired using my own money to keep my NCB intact. The IDV of my W-6 after one year is 9.63 lakhs and I paid a premium of Rs 11,660 (I enjoy 65% No-claim Bonus).

• For quite sometime I had been thinking whether it is possible to sleep comfortably inside the XUV with the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded down. I decided to actually try this out and spent an entire night sleeping inside my XUV on its first birthday. I used a coir-foam mattress. My height is 5'6" and I could stretch almost fully. My fitful sleep was more due to the strangeness of the situation rather than the space available inside my XUV.

Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur-xuv.jpg

Last edited by debuda : 26th October 2013 at 07:20.
debuda is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 20:36   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Hey Debuda, many congratulations on completing one very fruitful year with your XUV5OO. Your machine simply rocks

Quote:
For quite sometime I had been thinking whether it is possible to sleep comfortably inside the XUV with the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded down. I decided to actually try this out and spent an entire night sleeping inside my XUV on its first birthday. I used a coir-foam mattress. My height is 5'6" and I could stretch almost fully. My fitful sleep was more due to the strangeness of the situation rather than the space available inside my XUV.
XUV seems to be your second, "Home-Sweet-Home"
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 11:07   #200
J.Ravi

Quote:
Congratulations and best wishes, debuda, on the occasion of the first birthday of your XUV500. I read your ownership thread in one go. It is highly educative and informative thesis spiced with photographs, which will be very useful for other XUV500 owners and future buyers. In fact, I am toying with idea of buying XUV500 W8 AWD in 2014, which is short-listed along with other 2 sedans.

Quote:
I took early retirement (not VRS) 7 years ago when I was 54 years old.
I took VRS 5.5 years back, when I was 54 year old.
  (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 16:51   #201

Congrats Debuda on the first Anniv of your XUV. I keep reading your threads that are almost always very detailed and very educative. I have just bought a an XUV 500 on 5th september'13 and will soon share my ownership review.
Ashish Mahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 02:56   #202
BHPian

Debuda

I am a new entrant to this community and I am awaiting delivery of my Silver XUV W6, which should be happening anytime in the next couple of weeks.
I read your initial ownership thread, which was very useful and comprehensive, and also the travelogue.
I applaud you for your spirit of adventure and thank you for the pictures. Truly inspirational!.

Cheerio

VK
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 15:49   #203
Senior - BHPian

Debuda Sir, I am wondering how did I miss your thread all these days, as I am a regular follower/reader of all the threads on XUV right from it's launch even before getting the membership at t-bhp.

Belated Hearty congratulations on your XUV's birthday I am sure I will be a regular follower of this thread to make sure I do not miss a single post from you! Also I am planning for this beast sometime next year, which would need support and guidance from all the owners of XUV on this forum.

And not to miss, even my dad was ARMY retired in 89 and he has explored all the roads in Leh-Ladakh on the ARMY trucks during his tenure. Seeing your enthusiasm and confidence in exploring India with your XUV, I am impressed and wish to explore India once I own the beast. Would expect your help in future and probably a meetup with you on my visit.

Happy motoring sir:-) Drive Safe!!
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 23:15   #204
BHPian

65% NCB. Debuda you are one of the lucky few(less then hundred) in the country enjoying such high NCB. This is called Sunshine Clause which was stopped post 2002 however someone who previously was at this slab could continue until a claim is made. Post which the highest slab for him will be 50%. Clap Clap😀
carzealot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 07:44   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzealot View Post
65% NCB. Debuda you are one of the lucky few(less then hundred) in the country enjoying such high NCB. This is called Sunshine Clause which was stopped post 2002 however someone who previously was at this slab could continue until a claim is made. Post which the highest slab for him will be 50%. Clap Clap😀
Carzealot -- I'd like to know how you found out that less than a hundred persons in India are now enjoying 65% NCB. I would have guessed that there would be at least a few thousand old fogeys like me in this category.
Old 19th January 2014, 12:34   #206
BHPian

Debuda: That's courtesy my Job in Actuary department of a leading insurance co. We have access to various kind of database. There can be a variance of 10% but surely not more then that. Actually, not many people know the fact that this slab was removed and hence they missed on capitalising on the long term gains by either making a claim or selling the vehicle.
carzealot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 22:11   #207
BANNED

Quote:
65% NCB.........,(less then hundred) in the country enjoying such high NCB. This is called Sunshine Clause which was stopped post 2002 however someone who previously was at this slab could continue until a claim is made. Post which the highest slab for him will be 50%. Clap Clap😀
I have my doubts on the accuracy of that information. I have 65% NCB and in the limited circle that I know (in comparison to the rest of India) I know of at least 3 others who enjoy 65% NCB.

Along with the removal of the 65% NCB, another change was the reversion of the NCB to nil post a claim. Earlier the NCB would revert back to the earlier NCB slab (55%) and back to 65% NCB if there was no claim the next year.

Now, from 50% NCB it goes straight to nil and increases year by year back to the maximum slab of 50%.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 22:26   #208
BHPian

@VeyrnSuprSprt: Please allow me some time to revert with substantial data showcasing the right no.
Old 21st January 2014, 08:30   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
A friend of mine who owns a W8 and I were recently driving through a very remote stretch in the hills at night.

We were returning after dinner, and he being the adventurous type, in his own words,"never takes the same route twice".

The route he chose to drive on the return was very narrow, muddy / slushy , extremely twisty and through a forest. It was raining and there was a dense fog and it was close to midnight. Needless to add that stretch of road is deserted even during daytime.

While the fog lights were adequate, the W8 also has auto cornering lights that would automatically come on round very narrow curves. It was through that dark, very narrow, twisty, slushy road in the forest that I realized how useful the cornering lights were. We were driving slowly and the cornering lights would at times actually forewarn us that there was a twist in the road by lighting up.

So yes, the fog lights are adequate but it is the cornering lights that light up automatically that are even more useful.

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 21st January 2014 at 08:31.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 07:52   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, not many people know the fact that this slab was removed and hence they missed on capitalising on the long term gains by either making a claim or selling the vehicle.
I am aware that making even a small claim will wipe out my 65% NCB at one fell swoop and it will thereafter take me several years of 'no-claim' to reach a max 50% NCB.

But selling the car does not void the NCB as long as one ensures that the insurance policy of the old car is duly transferred to the new car. It is quite a simple process and I have been transferring my policy from one car to another for the last 25 years.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks