Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 23:34   #541

Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
Thank roxor87, it's a relief to hear that Honda has aimed to give this car a bit more executive appeal than a colourful hippie interior by covering up the exposed door storage places.

Its hilarious how the Economic Times article has built their argument based on a typo in explaining that "300 Nm" of torque is significantly more than the Dzire's when actually its no more than 10 Nm

I can't wait to get the Amaze Official Review on TBhp!

My bad that i just copy pasted the article from economic times. I should have researched a bit before posting. But i must admit that i am a lay man when it comes to technical stuff like torque and power. I some how don't get them. So i simply enjoy driving leaving the numbers behind
Old 27th March 2013, 00:10   #542
AWD
BHPian

With the launch nearing, my excitement towards the car is growing by the day. Specs. like 26KMPL, 300NM Torque are the catalysts!

What's the current bookings status, official Bookings must not have started but are the dealers accepting bookings at their end?
Old 27th March 2013, 01:11   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
With the launch nearing, my excitement towards the car is growing by the day. Specs. like 26KMPL, 300NM Torque are the catalysts!

What's the current bookings status, official Bookings must not have started but are the dealers accepting bookings at their end?
300NM are you sure ?

From where you got that figure ?
Old 27th March 2013, 01:27   #544
BHPian

Quote:

300Nm is a typo error in the Economic Times article,my friend!The dealers in Bangalore are taking orders,but the booking amount varies from dealer to dealer.The dealers are as much in the dark as us with regards to specs and variants.By the way,i booked the top end diesel variant at whitefield motors .The booking amount is Rs.20,000,the least amongst the 3 dealers,Cancellation charge is Rs 2500/-
Old 27th March 2013, 02:55   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
300NM are you sure ?
It's 200 nm, there was a typo in the Economic Times article that pegged it at 300 nm while all the other sources peg it at 200 nm approx. It surely can't be 300 Nm of torque, because Honda's 1.6 Earth Dreams engine that sells in Europe with a higher cubic capacity and a variable geometry turbo makes 120 bhp and 300 Nm of torque.

More details on the European engine can be found at this link - http://www.hondanews.eu/en/carnewsdetail/?id=2589.
Motored Mindset is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 10:57   #546
BHPian

Hi All,
As i had mentioned before here is the pic of the car. but from past three or 4 days this car is lying inside the truck. its not getting unloaded due to unknown reasons. this car was looking amazing in this color.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-20130327_073002.jpg  

Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-20130327_073003.jpg  

Endofdayz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 13:18   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
300Nm is a typo error in the Economic Times article,my friend!The dealers in Bangalore are taking orders,but the booking amount varies from dealer to dealer.The dealers are as much in the dark as us with regards to specs and variants.By the way,i booked the top end diesel variant at whitefield motors .The booking amount is Rs.20,000,the least amongst the 3 dealers,Cancellation charge is Rs 2500/-
You should NOT have agreed to the cancellation charges! For any model that is NOT launched / official bookings are taken, dealers usually do NOT charge cancellation fees.

When I went to the Kottayam Honda dealer (3-4 weeks back), he told me that Honda had asked them to take bookings for Amaze petrol (1L) and he said I could book the diesel variant too. He also mentioned that I will NOT be charged any cancellation fees if I don't like the vehicle and cancel my booking. I suggest you talk to them about this.
Old 27th March 2013, 13:58   #548
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You should NOT have agreed to the cancellation charges! For any model that is NOT launched / official bookings are taken, dealers usually do NOT charge cancellation fees.

When I went to the Kottayam Honda dealer (3-4 weeks back), he told me that Honda had asked them to take bookings for Amaze petrol (1L) and he said I could book the diesel variant too. He also mentioned that I will NOT be charged any cancellation fees if I don't like the vehicle and cancel my booking. I suggest you talk to them about this.
I would like to say one thing in vernacular Hindi
"डीलर्स का कोई दीन- ईमान नहीं होता "

These booking are unofficial, and most of the dealers claim it to be official. I have seen similar things at Ford, Renault dealers. If you make a booking , you should get a proper receipt for the payment towards the booking of a car, which the dealer cannot provide since the car isn't available yet.

Also, though they claim that there is no cancellation charge, they are very slow to return your money. Half a dozen phone calls + 3-4 vists to the dealership will get you your money back within 4-5 months!!
So you lose some interest over the principle you paid initially.
Old 27th March 2013, 14:26   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
I am sure I did not have any halucination-inducing beverage, but suddenly the Toyota Etios looks pretty! (no, I am not talking about the March'13 facelift Etios). IMO even the Chevrolet Sail sedan looks better.

Seriously, I was so (add a few more 'o's) looking forward to this, but it is a huge disappointment.

Is it only me or the test drive car in Silver looks much better than this one?
I am taking back my words for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi All,
As i had mentioned before here is the pic of the car. but from past three or 4 days this car is lying inside the truck. its not getting unloaded due to unknown reasons. this car was looking amazing in this color.
I saw the same truck and spotted the Amamze. Isn't this truck on the Kanakapura road near Khoday's factory? I agree with you, the car was looking good in this colour. I got down to check the stockyard (it is not a honda specific stockyard, i see a lot of ford figos stocked there as well), the security did not let me take any pics. But, the car looked much better in flesh when compared with how it looked in pics.

Observations:
1. I must say, it looks better than Etios and the Dzire.
2. Could only see IVTEC's, no IDTEC's.
3. Legroom seemed a bit less.
4. Asked the security guy, if I could open the boot and see, he did not permit.
5. Could see amaze in black, white and kind of peacock blue (i don't know what this color is called).
6. From back it looked very much like the city, from front obviously the brio.
vasanthn21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 16:18   #550
Team-BHP Support

I have seen a white Amaze (iVTEC) zipping past me just two days back at around 11.30 in the morning when I was headed towards office. My only guess is it was being driven from the Pride Honda service station in Bachupally to their showroom in HiTech city. So the car has definitely started arriving at all the dealer locations.
Old 27th March 2013, 23:32   #551
BHPian

Quote:

Its 200 NM my friend, not 300 NM. Some people are saying that dealers are accepting bookings, some are not, so there's a lot of ambiguity around that. The launch is just around the corner and well you can lay your hands on the car then. And as far as the excitement is concerned, well, it's good to be excited brother.
Old 28th March 2013, 00:17   #552
Senior - BHPian

I just wish Honda would've put some effort to change the front end styling to differentiate it from the Brio. Right now it has a puppy face which suits a cutesy hatch but a sedan needs a grown up look.

Spending small pennys will pay back handsomely in sales.
Old 28th March 2013, 00:28   #553
BHPian

I in fact felt the hatch looks wide n bold from front, and the looks suit the sedan much better. Double slit grill looks City-ish, & I guess we get fully painted bumpers vs brio's black air dams. No other difference in looks?
Old 28th March 2013, 03:09   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I just wish Honda would've put some effort to change the front end styling to differentiate it from the Brio.
It's not as straightforward as that though. One of the main reasons why the offerings in this segment (Indigo CS, Amaze, Dzire) can't differentiate much beyond a restyled bumper, grille or additional chrome from their hatchback siblings is because even the slightest deviation from the manufacturing process heavily reduces the benefits from economies of scale. For example, one of the main reasons why its so difficult to find vehicles in the U.S. with power windows is because most manufacturers have fine tuned the manufacturing process and manufacture so many power window assemblies across their model range that its actually cheaper for Honda or Toyota to have an entire range with power windows than to start up a separate manufacturing line dedicated to manually operated windows. See this article http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...oll-up-windows.

In a segment where value is everything, even a hike of 25k per vehicle in order to significantly differentiate the Amaze's looks from the Brio would turn the tide in favour of the competition. The most that manufacturers in these segments can do is to tack on minor accessories.
Old 28th March 2013, 08:53   #555
BHPian

^^ +

In addition to the above point, Honda knows they are competing with Dzire, Etios & Chevrolet Sail sedan. Depends on individual taste, but Amaze still looks better than the competition (barring may be the sail with its simple design with no quirkiness). Even if Sail sedan looks better than Amaze, and is tremendous value for money, knowing the buyers (non-taxi) in India; 4 buyers in 5 will prefer the Honda brand over Chevrolet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed