Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 04:36   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravdc View Post
Gear shift is surely not butter smooth, but smooth, felt esp. after test driving a Honda Amaze.
Mr Ritz VDi has completed 1L kms in 2.9 years and talking about gearshifts quality, It Rocks! Yes sometimes it is a little too slot in the first gear from second gear else no complaints whatsoever.

Quote:
I got 20kmpl one way with AC on 100% time (day-time run) speeds hovering 90-100 kmph. Returning got 21kmpl with AC sparingly.

Till date, the ODO reads 8200+ and tank-full to tank-full returns 15-16 kmpl in Kolkata office-time driving.

In the same context, my M800 non-AC used to return 17kmpl in Kolkata accurately 23kmpl.
Not fair to compare an 800 (non-AC) with the Ritz. The Ritz is heavier and had the AC which does spoil the fuel efficiency figure. Even by your figures I feel it is good enough what your getting. City mileage can go upto 16-18 kmpl.

I get a consistent 21+ kmpl in my car. My usage is 40% dense city traffic and 60% highway with medium traffic and medium usage of AC and single driven 99% of the time.

There are few factors that influence fuel efficiency:

1) Driving style: Up shift at dot 2000 RPM and downshift when RPM falls to 1200. Listen to engine more than looking at the tacho. If you can get that nack to understand the language of engine sound then it does wonders overall. Heavy clutch usage, braking frequently have detrimental effect on fuel efficiency

2) Tyre Pressures: Under-inflated tyres loose on mileage and over inflation would ruin the ride and suspension.

3) Air filter condition: A clogged aur fillet also will not give you figures as desired. Change the filter every 10K kms and clean it with air every 5K kms. I know your is 8500 kms only but a suggestion for future.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 18:45   #62
SBR
BHPian

re: M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Hi,

Went through your post line by line ...

My Ritz is slightly older than yours, approaching its 3rd service in December 2013.

Till date, the ODO reads 8200+ and tank-full to tank-full returns 15-16 kmpl in Kolkata office-time driving.

In the same context, my M800 non-AC used to return 17kmpl in Kolkata city and drives to Dhanbad and back were accurately 23kmpl.

Regards,
Saurav
Saurav,

thanks for reading my ownership review on a detailed note. To answer your question, even I have upgraded from a M-800 AC to Ritz VDI.

It is unfair to compare the FE figures of M-800 with Ritz VDI as Anurag mentioned it. However, below are my figures for your reference.

My M-800 without using AC used to return 14KMPL in Bangalore traffic during peak hours. On Highways, the best I got was 21 KMPL without AC. Speed limit in M800 was 80 - 90 KM/HR on highways.

Ritz has not given me anything below 16.5 KMPL in Bangalore Peak Hour traffic and on highways, my least figures have been 19.5 KMPL and the best FE I got till date with 5 adults on board was 23 KMPL. All these are without AC FE figures. Speed limit on highways was 90 - 110 KM/HR.

Hope this answers your queries.
SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2013, 17:43   #63
SBR
BHPian

It has been a while that I last updated the thread as I was held up by the work & reports to be generated for my new boss .

The ODO now reads 7877 KMS and the car is lot smoother now. The gear shift is getting smoother by the day with increase in usage. No complaints so far.

During the extended weekend between 1 - 4 Nov, 2013, I had been on a trip to Nagapattinam and covered a total distance of 1030 KMS. The car returned a impressive 23KMPL for the entire trip on a tankful to tankful method with 70% AC usage and maintaining a average speed of 90 KM/HR . During the trip, I had absolutely no fatigue due to driving as the 1.3 DDiS engine delivers excellent power on highways and the front seats were too comfortable for both me and wifey. Wifey is 5 months pregnant and she found the seats comfortable enough thru the journey.

I am really happy with the car till now as I am getting what I expected from it. This is a very good car for a family of 4 and who would like to cruise around speeds below 120KM/HR on highways but not a recommendation for spirited drivers who would like to do 120+ KM/HR speeds.

Below are some pictures taken during the trip and my current ODO reading;
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-odo-reading-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-312-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-266-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-285-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 17th November 2013, 19:24   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
The ODO now reads 7877 KMS and the car is lot smoother now. The gear shift is getting smoother by the day with increase in usage. No complaints so far.
Post 10K kms the car will feel a lot smoother and peppier.

Quote:
The car returned a impressive 23KMPL for the entire trip on a tankful to tankful method with 70% AC usage and maintaining a average speed of 90 KM/HR.
That is an impressive figures that you have got and how was the ride and handling throughout the trip?

Quote:
Wifey is 5 months pregnant and she found the seats comfortable enough thru the journey.
Advance Congratulations for the new one to enter your life and family.

Quote:
I am really happy with the car till now as I am getting what I expected from it. This is a very good car for a family of 4 and who would like to cruise around speeds below 120KM/HR on highways but not a recommendation for spirited drivers who would like to do 120+ KM/HR speeds.
My car is absolute stock and I feel the car is good in all angles and no disappointment to spirited drivers, just that the braking should be advance and thought of. Overall keeping the car below 120 kmph is a safer bet thanks to our highways and animals that cross our highways more than humans do!

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 17:48   #65
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That is an impressive figures that you have got and how was the ride and handling throughout the trip?

Anurag.
Ride was smooth and the 185/70 R14 Michelin XM2 tyres gave the additional comfort on the highway. On the Handling part, it was like as if I was driving a mini SUV. The engine, power and the tall boy design gave confidence when driving.
Old 22nd December 2013, 14:55   #66
SBR
BHPian

Current ODO reading is 8,400 KMS. Of late I have noticed that there is excess smoke from the exhaust especially when on highways if I am driving in 5th gear at normal speed and when I accelerate suddenly to overtake, thick smoke comes out from the exhaust. Is this normal or should I change the engine oil say around 9,000 KMS instead of the scheduled engine oil change at 10,000 KMS.

advise.
Old 22nd December 2013, 18:39   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Current ODO reading is 8,400 KMS. Of late I have noticed that there is excess smoke from the exhaust especially when on highways if I am driving in 5th gear at normal speed and when I accelerate suddenly to overtake, thick smoke comes out from the exhaust. Is this normal or should I change the engine oil say around 9,000 KMS instead of the scheduled engine oil change at 10,000 KMS.

advise.
Engine oilis not the issue. This is the problem of the chocked air filter. Get it changed at 10K kms service.

Since your nearing 10K there is no point in changing the air filter now as MASS will change it at 10K along with the oil filter and engine oil.

Anurag.
Old 23rd December 2013, 15:32   #68
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is the problem of the chocked air filter.

Since your nearing 10K there is no point in changing the air filter now as MASS will change it at 10K along with the oil filter and engine oil.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag. That was very helpful. I was beginning to get worried thinking it might be the engine oil issue and was planning to get the engine oil changed immediately. Anyways, as suggested, will have the air filter changed during the 3rd free service.
Old 24th December 2013, 08:29   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks Anurag. That was very helpful. I was beginning to get worried thinking it might be the engine oil issue and was planning to get the engine oil changed immediately. Anyways, as suggested, will have the air filter changed during the 3rd free service.
As the schedule for air filter change is 10K kms, I suggest you to clean the air filter by yourself every 5K kms.

Note: Blow the air from the opposite direction of the air flow. Don't suck the dirt for cleaning the air filter. Always blow air at a medium pressure and be careful add to be holding the nozzle too near to the filter as it could get damaged.

I do this at home and have been following this religiously to keep the air cleaner. It helps psychologically also.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 14:13   #70
BHPian

Took my M800 to the workshop after almost 1 & half yrs to the MASS yesterday.

Changed coolant, cleaned, serviced & adjusted the entire braking system, topping all fluids, good wash, vacuum cleaning, fixing broken bumper end, etc.

Bill 800 only.
Time 6 hrs.

M800 still zindabad !!

There are a series of free checkup camps going on in my MASS, and had gone having been invited for the same.
Also met so many enquiring souls about my prospect of selling my M800, sadly though, turned down politely.

Regards,
Saurav
Old 5th January 2014, 15:44   #71
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Took my M800 to the workshop after almost 1 & half yrs to the MASS yesterday.

Changed coolant, cleaned, serviced & adjusted the entire braking system, topping all fluids, good wash, vacuum cleaning, fixing broken bumper end, etc.

Bill 800 only.
Time 6 hrs.

M800 still zindabad !!

Regards,
Saurav
M-800 is gem of a car to maintain and the cost of ownership is very very low. I still miss my M-800 and sometimes regret having sold it. Recently I got an update from the True Value sales executive in Bangalore that my M-800 which I sold it to True Value in April 2013 is still in their stock yard and is yet to be sold to any prospective buyer as True Value is yet to find a buyer to purchase M-800 by paying a higher amount for a well maintained car .
Old 5th January 2014, 16:33   #72
BHPian

Quote:

... True Value is yet to find a buyer to purchase M-800 by paying a higher amount for a well maintained car .
True, these are wonderful machines with no resale value.
Someone I know, got himself a M800 few months back to learn driving and ''haat saaf karne ke liye''. His motive is to scratch & dent the M800 as much as he can so that when he buys his new car, sometime later, the new car is not does not suffer scratches and dents. Buy price 30K. Expected sale price: anything above zero.

We have two M800 cars of different generations and are trying to sell the older one for the last one year. It is up on all sites, but no luck. With Alto 800 in the market, M800 resale value has zeroed. So I feel.

Regards
Saurav
sauravdc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 14:31   #73
BHPian

Hello SBR, My Ritz ZXi is also from Mandovi (thru Ramesh and Sathish). Right from Day-2 after delivery, I have rattle in Driver's door. The Mandovi Service at Hennur never fixed it but made it worse. Now the rattle has started in front passenger door too.
Did u get to fix the rattle in yours ? And are u getting your service at Mandovi, Hennur ?

Quote:
Ride is excellent. Rattles is a concern in Maruti. I get a sound in the front right window when the window is rolled up and driving over pot holes or uneven road. I had asked the SA to fix this problem in the 1st service but it hasn't been fixed as yet.

The car is due for 5,000 KMS service next week. I will have the rattle problem fixed this time. Oil change will be due only at 10,000 KMS or 3rd service which is another few months away for me.
Old 14th January 2014, 17:30   #74
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hector View Post
My Ritz ZXi is also from Mandovi (thru Ramesh and Sathish). Right from Day-2 after delivery, I have rattle in Driver's door. The Mandovi Service at Hennur never fixed it but made it worse. Now the rattle has started in front passenger door too.
Did u get to fix the rattle in yours ? And are u getting your service at Mandovi, Hennur ?
Hi Mate. First let me congratulate you and welcome you on board at Team-BHP. After having owned two maruti's for the last 7+ years, my experience has taught me not to rely on Mandovi Motors for service (this is my personal experience). I got the rattles fixed at Aryan Motors in Banaswadi. If you live close by, try them out. They are really good. You can speak to their SA by name Abu at Aryan Motors.
Old 1st February 2014, 20:02   #75
SBR
BHPian

Time for some update. Current ODO reading is at 9,555 KMS and the car will be shortly due for the 3rd free service at MASS. The engine is getting more refined as more KMS are getting added and the drive is really smooth.

On a recent trip to Chikmagalur & Charmadi ghats, on a tankful to tankful method, the car returned a fantastic 23KMPL with 50% AC and moderate driving at 90 - 100 KMPH speeds with 3 occupants (2 Adults + 1 Kid). This cant get better and that too before the third service.

Thanks to few kids in my neighborhood,my ride was gifted with a good number of scratches . Took the car to 3M at HSR Layout for a wash, scratch removal work and some PPF was added in the front. Sidhu and his team were as professional as ever and were very helpful with their attention to detail approach to customers.

Few pics taken at 3M HSR layout;
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-055-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-052-fileminimizer.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks