Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 16:40   #106

re: M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!

@a4anurag, Yes bro, I meant the clutch travel. If it's normal, then I think it's a thing of getting used to. I also took a TD of VDI ABS version and when I braked, it was very sharp, not a soft halt. Does the ABS work that way? Please forgive me if it's too basic.
Old 3rd April 2015, 17:54   #107
SBR
BHPian

Update.

Not much of travel since November due to work. It has been 5 months of pure city driving on a daily basis passing thru the KR Puram & Doddanakundi junctions every working day

Changed the engine oil recently. Car is at 26,000 KMS now. The last engine oil change was done at 20,000 Kms. Oil used this time was same as earlier - Mobil delvac MX 15W 40. I am pretty happy with the oil & its performance. It can actually last even longer than 6,000 Kms of running to atleast 8,000 Kms.

Issues faced:
Rattling sound from front right window when the window is rolled up & going over bad roads.
I have installed a stock Innova horn sometime back. Strangely, the horn does not work properly when the AC is on. When the AC is switched off, horn seems to work fine. Despite repeated visits to MASS, the problem refuses to go.

Looking at solving the issues over the weekend.
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
Update.

Strangely, the horn does not work properly when the AC is on. When the AC is switched off, horn seems to work fine. Despite repeated visits to MASS, the problem refuses to go.

Looking at solving the issues over the weekend.

Put in a separate relay for the horns, it should work fine.
Old 4th April 2015, 13:17   #109
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Put in a separate relay for the horns, it should work fine.
I have already put in a separate relay for the head lamps - Philips 90/100 H4 bulbs. Wont it be too much if I add another relay for the horn as I plan to keep the car in stock condition. Any advise on this
Old 4th April 2015, 13:40   #110
BANNED

Quote:
I have already put in a separate relay for the head lamps - Philips 90/100 H4 bulbs. Wont it be too much if I add another relay for the horn as I plan to keep the car in stock condition. Any advise on this
Add another relay for the horns.

The relay that you have added already is for 100/90W setup.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 17:36   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Add another relay for the horns.

The relay that you have added already is for 100/90W setup.
Don't worry about additional relay. As Anurag pointed out, the preset relay is for the 90/100 H4 bulbs, in the same way get one for the horns.

On my Ritz, i had 3 relays installed , one for 90/100 H4, one for HID in fog lamps and one for the horns. And they worked perfectly fine.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 11:45   #112
SBR
BHPian

Update...

Recently, when driving back home from office, I realized that both the head lamps were not working in high beam & only one bulb was working in low beam.
Additionally, the front centre console AC blower had broken which I suppose is because of its poor plastic quality as I normally handle everything with care.

I visited MASS close to my office on Whitefield road.

The electrician at MASS checked the car & promptly recognized the problem and informed that the AC blower needs to be replaced & that both the bulbs (Philips H4 90/100 W) have gone kaput. He did a quick check and showed the exact problem to me. Subsequently, the AC blower was replaced.

Now something interesting happened. The electrician informed that Philips H4 90 / 100 W bulbs are not standard as per Maruti & hence he wont be able to replace them. First, I was taken aback but later I requested him to replace them as well if possible as I may not find time to visit MASS again.

He promised that he will do something & came back after 15 mins and informed that he had managed to get hold of a pair of Philips H4 90/100 bulbs and completed the job. The job was completed & completely as per my satisfaction.

The electrician asked me to visit the counter along with the SA & pay just for the AC blower for which I was billed & asked me to pay him by cash separately for the Philips H4 90 / 100 bulbs. This was shocking as it is the first time ever that this has happened with me in my last almost 10 years of owning Maruti cars.

My question is, does this happen at MASS that technicians take cash without the knowledge of their management. Has anyone faced this before. I am not sure. It looked like as if both the electrician & SA were hand in glove.

I am not naming the MASS or the electrician here as the guy did a good job on my car.
Old 16th August 2015, 21:32   #113
SBR
BHPian

Did a Goa trip last month between July 21 - 25 week. It was a Monsoon Drive with family.

For onward journey - took the Bangalore - Hubli - Alnavar - Ramnagar - Molem route. Route till Hubli was fantastic. Hubli - Alnavar - Ramnagar was a two lane single state highway with less traffic. Ramnagar - Molem was pretty bad with potholes.

Posting few pics of the route taken for onward journey & few pics of the place we stayed in North Goa in Candolim which was referred by a fellow bhpian.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-170-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-193-fileminimizer.jpg  

SBR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 21:35   #114
SBR
BHPian

Adding few more pics.....
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-205-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-206-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-207-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-208-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-209-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-210-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-211-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-212-fileminimizer.jpg  

SBR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 21:51   #115
SBR
BHPian

On return journey, took the Chorla Ghat - Jamboti - Khanapur - Kittur - Dharwad - Bangalore route.

Driving thru the Chorla Ghats was fantastic experience. I will let the pictures speak for themselves about Goa & the return journey.

Total drive was close to 1,400 KMS. Ritz performed pretty well over the highway as well as the Ghats & single roads. Its best to keep the ritz around 100 KMPH speeds on speed highways.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-241-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-305-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-319-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-325-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-330-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-334-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-338-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-348-fileminimizer.jpg  

SBR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:33   #116
SBR
BHPian

Car is nearing 38,000 KMS on the ODO. No performance issues as such as it has been my daily ride in Bangalore.

However, the famous Maruti rattles . Too many sounds from everywhere.

Also, the engine now sounds like a tractor, its too loud from inside too.

1st & 2nd gear shifts have become very rough/hard to slot.

Plan to get the issues addressed at 40K Service.
Old 28th February 2016, 15:29   #117
SBR
BHPian

Car reached the milestone of 40K kms and the odo reading is currently 40,800 kms.
Gave the car for service at Bimal service located in Banaswadi.
Engine oil Mobil Delvac MX 15W 40 was provided by me.
I asked the SA not to do wheel alignment and balancing.
Total bill came to Rs. 8,000/-.
It was regular service, change of liquids like coolant and gear oil, changed wiper blades as the stock ones were worn out.
Car is doing perfectly now and all the rattle sounds were solved by MASS.
Overall happy with the performance of the car and MASS.
Old 28th June 2016, 15:18   #118
SBR
BHPian

Time for some update...

Current ODO is at 47,200 kms & the car is 3.2 years old..

Plan to get the car serviced soon and have the following jobs done;

EGR Cleaning - Lot of smoke is emitted when the car is driven with AC on and at RPMs around 2000 & above. Engine noise has become too loud during morning hours. It almost sounds like a tractor.

Central lock & MID corrections

Change of suspension bushes as the ride is 3+ years old. This is more of a preventive care

Change of engine oil, oil filter & air filter

Engine tuning check

Car is doing fine & has been my daily ride all days. Posting two pics which were taken recently on Bangalore - Hassan highway on way to Chickmagalur.

PS: Mods, request to change the thread title to "M 800 to diesel hatch Edit: 47,000 kms & counting" and move the thread in long term ownership section.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_1742d_compressed.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi. EDIT: Now sold!-img_1744d_compressed.jpg  

Last edited by SBR : 28th June 2016 at 15:21. Reason: Content correction
Old 29th August 2016, 18:19   #119
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Time for some update...

EGR Cleaning - Lot of smoke is emitted when the car is driven with AC on and at RPMs around 2000 & above. Engine noise has become too loud during morning hours. It almost sounds like a tractor.

Central lock & MID corrections

Change of engine oil, oil filter & air filter
Had given the car for service on 11th Aug 2016 when the ODO was at 48,500 kms.

Oil change, Oil filter, Air filter, EGR cleaning, central lock correction, suspension overhaul (no change of parts here though) and brake bleeding was done.

Total bill came upto 8,800/- approximately. Engine oil (Mobil delvac 15W40 was provided by me)

My ride is performing much better after the service - reduced engine noise due to oil change i suppose and I plan to change engine oil every 8k kms hence forth. Both clutch and brake feel like it was new ride from the showroom.

Car is still on stock brake pads and SA has advised that they will last for another 10k kms. In the next service, plan to have the brake pads & suspension bushes changed as a preventive maintenance work. Battery may also require a change as the car is 3.5 year old and is still running on stock battery.

Tyres - Michelin XM2 which were changed within 500 kms of running when the car was bought are holding good. Looks like they may last for another 30 - 35 k kms.

I have been keeping track of expenses till date year wise and below are the details;

2013 - Rs. 508
2014 - Rs. 9078
2015 - Rs. 6457
2016 - Rs. 16886 till 11th Aug 2016
Total = Rs. 32,929/- in 3.5 years & 48,500 kms of running.
Car is still under extended warranty which is valid till April 2017.

Looks pretty ok to me for a diesel car.

Old 11th January 2017, 16:05   #120
SBR
BHPian

Had a problem in synchronizer rings when shifting gears from between 4th & 5th. Details in the post below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-102.html

Got it rectified under extended warranty at Mandovi Yeshwanthpur as Bimal Banaswadi refused to entertain my request despite my repeated calls stating that there are no spares available for synchronizer rings. At the same time, replaced the clutch as well to be on a safer side.

Total damages was around 6,800/- for synchronizer rings change under warranty and clutch replacement. Slowly but steadily, the cost of maintenance is shooting up as the car is ageing.

ODO reading was at 50,600 kms at the time of change.

Note: Request mods to modify the thread and include 'Edit: 50,000 kms Up" and move the thread into long term ownership section.

Last edited by SBR : 11th January 2017 at 16:21. Reason: Note to Mods included.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks