Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2014, 04:09   #106
Senior - BHPian

Update at 1 year and 13,000 kms as on July 2014

Apologies for the late updates.
Since, I am back in Philadelphia now, I am free from meeting friends and relatives and also have more time to spend with the laptop so here are some updates.

So, sometime in July my car was sent for its first service to Benchmark Interkrafts.
The standard 1 year/15,000km service was performed and some general part replacements were done too.

- 15,000km service
- Engine Oil top up
- Air Filters replaced
- Other parts checked
- Both wipers replaced
- Front Brake discs replaced
- Front Brake pads replaced
- Rear Brake pads replaced
- Rear Brake discs polished

A general 1st service of an E Class costs about 40-50k which includes the oil top up, filters and wipers. The brake pads and discs generally wear out by 15000-18000kms and since mine had work out, got them replaced too. Replacing all four brake pads and the front brake discs set me back by an additional 60k. I also got a full sized 18" alloy wheel ordered via the workshop to keep in the car as the spare wheel. The donut wheel the CBU cars get is pretty much useless on Indian roads and look really weird too. A brand new alloy wheel set me back by about 30k and a Pirelli Pzero tyre for it another 27k. Benchmark Interkrafts has recently renovated their two decade old worshop to a state of the art facility which makes things slightly better when they are working on cars. Must mention that the staff at the dealership and workshop are absolutely well trained and courteous giving superb service unlike most other premium dealerships in the city.

By the time I left for Philadelphia in Mid September, the car had run about 15,000kms.
Touchwood, the car is problem free and is performing brilliantly. It is also liked by everyone at home and manages to do its daily duty well. In short, the decision to buy the E again in its latest avatar was a good one.

I also got the car completely detailed by Bhpian, Nos Power. He now has a full team trained under him to detail cars with Meguiars products under his new company name, Excellerate Auto Detailing. A fabulous job was done on the car which also beat the condition of the vehicle on delivery when new last year. This was the second time the car was detailed, the last being in December last year.

More pictures and details on the next post.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing-img_9663.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 28th September 2014 at 07:29. Reason: As requested
cityvic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 15:49   #107
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes Benz E250 CDI Launch Edition : The Best or Nothing

Congrats on the first birthday! She looks like she just rolled out of the showroom. Aesthetically, the premium Europeans age so very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Engine Oil top up
No change?

Quote:
Front Brake discs replaced
Why did you need to replace the front discs? I trust this was done under warranty? There is no way that the discs will require replacement at 15,000 kms (pads, yes).

Quote:
I also got a full sized 18" alloy wheel ordered via the workshop to keep in the car as the spare wheel.
Always a good idea.

Quote:
the staff at the dealership and workshop are absolutely well trained and courteous giving superb service unlike most other premium dealerships in the city.
Totally agreed. Merc might suffer reliability issues, but boy do they know how to treat customers. Always a 5 star experience.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 02:18   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats on the first birthday! She looks like she just rolled out of the showroom. Aesthetically, the premium Europeans age so very well.
Thank you so much.
I am also trying my level best to keep her to the best of nick. Since I am only there in Calcutta for about 4 months a year, I am training the washers and the chauffeurs how to handle such premium cars at home.

Quote:
No change?
My bad, it was an Oil Change.
Typed it as Oil top up as I did not have the bills in-front of me.

Quote:
Why did you need to replace the front discs? I trust this was done under warranty? There is no way that the discs will require replacement at 15,000 kms (pads, yes).
My front brake pads wore out unevenly so the brake wear sensors did not detect it at the right time due to which the discs were also damaged by the worn out pads. MB says brakes come under normal wear and tear hence they do not come under warranty so it has to be a paid part replacement. Had to learn it the hard way this time by paying for it from our pockets as we missed out on getting the Comprehensive Service Package.

The service package can only be got within 6 months of the vehicle purchase. I got to know about the package in Feb 2014, almost 7 months after the purchase so it was too late by the time I wanted it for my car.

Made a mistake then so made it a point to get it for the W222 S Class right away as we got the car in June.

Quote:
Always a good idea.
Absolutely, the spare wheel gives total peace of mind while traveling and specially when half of the city roads are under construction.

Quote:
Totally agreed. Merc might suffer reliability issues, but boy do they know how to treat customers. Always a 5 star experience.
In Calcutta, from personal first hand experience the dealers and their workshop work get rated like this.
Merc > JLR > Audi > BMW.

Last edited by cityvic : 1st October 2014 at 02:20.
cityvic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2014, 22:35   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

CityVic, thank you for the update. When can we look forward to the next one - January 2015 if possible? I found this most useful after all the negative publicity I read and hear about on Mercedes and the E-class. Happy motoring - Narayan
Old 12th November 2014, 21:18   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Update at 1 year and 13,000 kms as on July 2014

Apologies for the late updates.
=========
More pictures and details on the next post.
Hi cityvic

An amateur to the forum, I have been following your post on the facelifted eclass. I did purchase mine in May 2014. Its already done 15000 km and still feels fresh. Due for its first service. Would like to know whether you had any issues with the Aircon. I found its cooiling not effective for a place like Chennai.
Old 13th November 2014, 21:07   #111
BHPian

Did any of the e class customers experience squeaky noise from the rear when applying the brakes. I have been to Service four times and still the problem persists.
Any Gyan for the newbie
Pradeep
Old 14th November 2014, 07:37   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
CityVic, thank you for the update. When can we look forward to the next one - January 2015 if possible? I found this most useful after all the negative publicity I read and hear about on Mercedes and the E-class. Happy motoring - Narayan
You can expect the next first hand update from me in December when I am back home for vacations.
In the mean while, the car is doing perfectly fine. It does it daily chores with no problems at all. Touchwood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-E250 View Post
Hi cityvic

An amateur to the forum, I have been following your post on the facelifted eclass. I did purchase mine in May 2014. Its already done 15000 km and still feels fresh. Due for its first service. Would like to know whether you had any issues with the Aircon. I found its cooiling not effective for a place like Chennai.
Nope, no problems as such with the aircon.
All aircons do generally take a few minutes to cool down the cabin in specially in more humid places and after being parked out in the sun for long.

Quote:
Did any of the e class customers experience squeaky noise from the rear when applying the brakes. I have been to Service four times and still the problem persists.
Any Gyan for the newbie
Pradeep
I personally did not face this untill the time my brakes started feeling wore out.
Since your car has already clocked 15000kms, get the following checked.
- Brakes pads, calipers and discs for any stones stuck.
- Brake pad and disc wear on both the front and the rear.

Hopefully your problem should get solved.

I would also recommend you to get the 4 year comprehensive service package for your E. It costs about 2.8L and is totally worth it.

Last edited by cityvic : 14th November 2014 at 07:41.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 07:54   #113
BHPian

Quote:
- Brakes pads, calipers and discs for any stones stuck.
- Brake pad and disc wear on both the front and the rear.

Hopefully your problem should get solved.

I would also recommend you to get the 4 year comprehensive service package for your E. It costs about 2.8L and is totally worth it.
On my 4th visit to the service station they replaced my Rear brake pedals on goodwill. Guess they could not sort out the issue of the squeaky noise. All gone well its sounds better though

Is the comprehensive package available now.....its a May 2014 vehicle.

Love the way it drives, dont feel like getting off the wheel. In the last 6 months i have been away for 4 months.....still we (my wife too) kept the ODO in motion.

I did plan for the AMG kit. I read from your posts that even you plan to do so. Please provide me details

Have fun and I know you miss driving the E, because we both are in the same boat

Presently i am satisfied with the aircon though not content as my Bmw. i did visit their service 7 times eith the issue. I even had it reduced to a futher 2 degrees and set it to Dessert settings on their Star computers.....

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2014 at 14:33. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 15th November 2014, 05:01   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On my 4th visit to the service station they replaced my Rear brake pedals on goodwill. Guess they could not sort out the issue of the squeaky noise. All gone well its sounds better though
Rear brake pedal? You mean brake pads?

Quote:
Is the comprehensive package available now.....its a May 2014 vehicle.
Yes, you are eligible to get it for 6 months after the purchase of the vehicle.

Quote:
I did plan for the AMG kit. I read from your posts that even you plan to do so. Please provide me details
The entire OEM E63 AMG Bodykit costs 5-6L without paint. This does not include the wheels and the fenders.
The AMG Styling kit costs about the same too.
Old 15th November 2014, 06:00   #115
BHPian

Quote:
The entire OEM E63 AMG Bodykit costs 5-6L without paint. This does not include the wheels and the fenders.
The AMG Styling kit costs about the same too.
Thanks for the info mate. But I guess we can source it for 2 lac, a Taiwan make . Its an OEM replica of the full body kit, AMG front rear bumpers, side skirts, logos with paint and delivery in India

Sorry my fault, its the rear brake pads which were replaced on goodwill.

Hi cityvic

Is the 4 yr comprehensive package worth the dough? Since it only takes care of service,I have a feeling that Iam just paying it upfront. Honestly Iam confused and needed some advice,since you have been with mercs for long kindly oblige.
Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2014 at 14:32. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 16th November 2014, 01:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info mate. But I guess we can source it for 2 lac, a Taiwan make . Its an OEM replica of the full body kit, AMG front rear bumpers, side skirts, logos with paint and delivery in India
There are more fake bodykits available as low as 50k-1L too.

The reason I did not mention them in my earlier post was because I am not in favor getting them.
The quality and finish is absolutely poor.
And specially since one is driving a 50-60L car, getting original parts, accessories for such cars is a must instead of their cheap replicas. It is better to run stock rather than putting on cheaper fakes.

Quote:
Sorry my fault, its the rear brake pads which were replaced on goodwill.

Quote:
Is the 4 yr comprehensive package worth the dough? Since it only takes care of service,I have a feeling that Iam just paying it upfront. Honestly Iam confused and needed some advice,since you have been with mercs for long kindly oblige.
Thanks
Absolutely. The 4th year Warranty and 4 year service package is a must.
The service package includes all service related parts, wear & tear parts and labor. You should contact your dealer and get the list from them. That would make things clearer for you.

The comprehensive 4 year service package costs 2.8L, let me do a break down of the individual costs over a period of 4 years.
A service every 15,000kms: 50-60k (2-2.4L for me since my car runs 15k a year)
Brake pads, discs change every 20,000kms: 1L each time (3L)
Mountings every 30,000kms: 50k each time (1L)
Spent 6.4L already on service, maintenance which would rather be better with a one time pay of 2.8L with the service package.
End of the day you save over 3.6L for sure.

Hope this made things clearer for you.

Last edited by cityvic : 16th November 2014 at 01:34.
cityvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 04:12   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. The 4th year Warranty and 4 year service package is a must.

Hope this made things clearer for you.
Thanks a lot mate. I do get the picture now. I did pay heavily without a BSI for my 3 series. Thanks once again.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 16th November 2014 at 19:28. Reason: Removing excessive quote to make it more readable
E90-E250 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 01:15   #118
BHPian

Hi Cityvic & all

Unfortunately last month mt ride, E250 went in for accidental damage twice. The first being the windshield replaced for a crack due to a stone hit and the second accidental damage to the rear door. The bills stood at Rs 1,20,000 and 2,25,000 respectively which the insurance has taken care of.
Iam due to renew my insurance next month end. Bajaj Alliance has quoted a figure close to 2.5 lacs. They say your premium has gone up due to the claims made this year.
Secondly when renewing online there are no quotes with zero dep from any insurance companies.
Kindly advise
Old 17th May 2015, 02:49   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Cityvic & all
They say your premium has gone up due to the claims made this year.
Secondly when renewing online there are no quotes with zero dep from any insurance companies.
Kindly advise
Hi
Apologies for the late reply, this thread somehow skipped my mind.

I frankly have very less knowledge about insurance deals. I think best to ask 2-3 companies for their best rates, compare and choose.
Personally, for most of our cars, we are getting insurance directly from the Landmark Group at fabulous rates.

Regards
Rohin
Old 20th May 2015, 09:41   #120
BHPian

Thanks Rohin

I did continue with Bajaj Alliance for the 2nd term.
She is a year old and 30 k on the Odometer.
What I love is her high speed manners and the other Merc attributes.
Though I am highly disappointed with the steering offset. I have developed a chronic wrist pain when driving with the right hand.
Hope your ride is doing good.
Cheers
Pradeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks