Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 14:19   #3361
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
According to the myskoda app and the sales people, the first service for Octavia Tdi is at 15k kms or one year. Is there any inspection service at one month or 5k kms? The sales guy says I can show once at 7500kms, but since it is unscheduled, it will be charged.
If you are prone to OCD , then you CAN change the engine oil/filter but it WILL be chargeable. So budget around 5K for the same.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 20:44   #3362
Senior - BHPian

SD card goes missing

So my girl friend's father's two month old Octavia (L&K) was sent to the service center to get some work done. Last night while playing with the entertainment system I realized the Maps function was not working. It had the message "Maps database not available".

I have read several cases in the forum about SD cards getting lost after the SC visit.

Any ideas why this happens and how to resolve this situation. I have asked him to talk to the SC guys.
Old 24th April 2019, 21:54   #3363
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SD card goes missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Any ideas why this happens and how to resolve this situation. I have asked him to talk to the SC guys.
Best of luck but it may not lead anywhere. Over the last 20 years, I have religiously removed every personal item before handing my vehicles over to any service centre. Those SD cards are a menace I do agree!

It is ~10K in IN but only EUR 26 from superskoda. http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SALE...pe-88-DISCOUNT

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th April 2019 at 21:56.
Old 24th April 2019, 23:36   #3364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Best of luck but it may not lead anywhere. Over the last 20 years, I have religiously removed every personal item before handing my vehicles over to any service centre. Those SD cards are a menace I do agree!

It is ~10K in IN but only EUR 26 from superskoda. http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SALE...pe-88-DISCOUNT
Man! That is quite depressing to hear. How could they steal SD cards from the car. I am genuinely upset considering it's a brand new car. He was not aware of the SD card so he didn't care to remove it. I will check with him tomorrow if he has already talked to the SC guys.
Old 24th April 2019, 23:38   #3365
BHPian

I don't remember getting an SD card with navigation maps. Is it available only for L&K variant?
Old 25th April 2019, 00:27   #3366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

It is ~10K in IN but only EUR 26 from superskoda.
Will a normal SD card with the maps downloaded or copied from another navigation SD card work?
Old 25th April 2019, 18:01   #3367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
This could be true. They might have ordered a bunch of cars last month and the dealer would be allocating one to you. Also, you can enter the yard only with your SA. In my case also my SA came with me. He told me that without an SA, the yard security will not let any customer enter the yard.
Finally did the PDI today. The car is March '19 make and looked OK. Hoping to wrap up the payment tomorrow.
Old 26th April 2019, 01:12   #3368
Senior - BHPian

Update: SD card has been retrieved from the service center. Relieved!
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:29   #3369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Update: SD card has been retrieved from the service center. Relieved!
Great! Suggest that you anyway try and copy the entire card to a backup device, just to see if there is any native DRM installed. Let us know!
Old 26th April 2019, 20:49   #3370
BHPian

After a 2 month wait today finally I got the VIN/chassis number and Engine number of my booking, a TDI MT Style. After religiously following up with SA during the promised 5-6 weeks of delivery time, emailed the SKODA customer care who escalated to AGM of Vinayak motors Bangalore which i think made them to share the details with me. Am planning for PDI tomorrow. I had one query and any advise would be really helpful. When I query my VIN number in http://igorweb.org/vindec.aspx it gives following output:
Škoda Octavia III Active/Ambition/Elegance 2.0 TDI 110kw (105kw)
manufactured in April 2019, production number 006707
production plant Aurangabad (IND)
The entered VIN is valid!

As you can see there is no mention of the model "STYLE". Should I be worried?
Old 26th April 2019, 21:23   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
When I query my VIN number in http://igorweb.org/vindec.aspx it gives following output:

Not a direct answer to your question, but i found the following site provides the most detailed description while decoding the VIN, including the different features/"options" that come with the car. Give it a try:
CARInfo - Checking VIN for SKODA
theMandarin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 22:04   #3372
BHPian

Thank you. As per the description for the VIN TMBDL21U35BXXXXXX (sample VIN), 4th Letter stands for "Body Type and equipment level" or Model. Below are the various Models:
A - Octavia L&K
B - Octavia SLX (Elegance)
C - Octavia GLX (Ambiente)
E - Octavia RS etc.

Mine is TMBBxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. B stands for Elegance and Skoda India has renamed the Elegance models to Style in 2017 as per this article: https://www.carwale.com/news/skoda-t...dels-to-style/

Even though during the PDI we can determine whether its a Ambition or Style, just wanted to clear it after reading various reviews. Thanks @theMandarin!
Old 26th April 2019, 22:22   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
When I query my VIN number in http://igorweb.org/vindec.aspx it gives following output:

I too got a similar report from the VIN decoder for my 1.8 TSI L&K - reported as "Škoda Octavia III Active/Ambition/Elegance 1.8 TSI 132kw".
Old 29th April 2019, 15:25   #3374
BHPian

Hello, Im planning to book an Octy Ambition diesel manual.I will be using this car a office commuter with a daily 30-35 kms run. Seldom weekend breakaways are also on the anvil. Though I will be toggling between my Punto and Octy, low mileage is foreseen. Request owners to comment on what should I ponder about before buying it. Also helpful info as to repair costs would determine my buying decision.Is there any online stores(either India or abroad) dealing in spares and accessories and cost effective ?
Old 30th April 2019, 02:47   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead View Post
Hello, Im planning to book an Octy Ambition diesel manual.I will be using this car a office commuter with a daily 30-35 kms run. Seldom weekend breakaways are also on the anvil. Though I will be toggling between my Punto and Octy, low mileage is foreseen. Request owners to comment on what should I ponder about before buying it. Also helpful info as to repair costs would determine my buying decision.Is there any online stores(either India or abroad) dealing in spares and accessories and cost effective ?
Skoda is now offering 6 years warranty. I don't think you should consider getting spares from online stores which would lead to your warranty being void.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks