Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2019, 00:57   #3436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjared View Post
First post as Team-BHP member !

Have been a spectator and a follower for various threads on team-BHP. This thread is one among them. Never imagined that I'll post one like this in my life.

Yes. Bought a pre-owned 2016 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Style plus run 15k kms owned by an NRI. Stock condition vehicle with extended warranty (peace of mind) upto 2020 August !
Welcome to the gang. Check out the initial sale date. If after Sep 2016, then you can buy the extended warranty of 5th and 6th year. Longer Peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
This is what my 1.8TSI AT gave me on my recent trip to Agra i did drive it on Yamuna expressway in cruise control at just 100 kmph
Wow. This is very good for a TSi. I get this range in Gurgaon on TDI. Have to see how much I am able to eek out on Yamuna expressway.
Old 11th May 2019, 08:12   #3437

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Thanks a lot buddy ! Yeah I did check the date of initial sale, it's 29th August 2016 But just one look at the car and I forget all the odds ! Quite a looker.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20190508_112347__011.jpg  

jjared is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 11:03   #3438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Wow. This is very good for a TSi. I get this range in Gurgaon on TDI. Have to see how much I am able to eek out on Yamuna expressway.

Easily above 24. I normally get between 26-28 on my Chandigarh trips. Have shared a snap shot on the thread somewhere. Key is gradual acceleration, steady speeds and avoiding unnecessary braking.
Old 11th May 2019, 15:22   #3439
BHPian

Update on my 1.8 TSI running in:
Managed to stay a monk and completed 2500kms running in. Drove in sports mode last week and I'm absolutely lovin it. My latest sadistic pleasure is to wait for someone to try n overtake me on highways, then two taps on left paddle I zoom off with a wicked grin

A B&W pic of my black TSI
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20190331_081243__01.jpg  

Last edited by Lambydude : 11th May 2019 at 15:32.
Lambydude is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 23:45   #3440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post

I'm surprised that they took off the white protective film. In my case it was removed on the day of delivery. Did you check how many KMs the car has run?

All covers were removed for PDI and in anticipation of of my wife going over to see the car - which couldn't be done. They have put the inside covers back. I'd say, until now they have been very accommodating and extremely helpful in whatever I've enquired - all except DISCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I'm surprised that they took off the white protective film. In my case it was removed on the day of delivery. Did you check how many KMs the car has run?
Covers were taken off for the PDI and in anticipation of a visit for inspection by my wife - which couldn't happen.

Dealer, however has been extremely accommodating in all my requests so far - all except discount. Had a long chat about giving some accessories as a goodwill. Flatly refused for that as well saying they got the black car for me in a week, as opposed to waiting period orders--which I found out is true! I don't know what to believe, but so far, I find they haven't exactly hidden back any facts. People in this city are quite honest, but you know the feeling when you deal with a sales guy - no matter what they say, they can never really be taken seriously. I mean right now the dealer is crying for 10k worth accessories! So basically, on this sale, I'm getting zilch! I might be the first Skoda customer with zero benefits from dealer. I'm only being told that they have managed to offer me the old price even after the price hike.

This is why I plan to go with an insurance quote from outside, hoping so save something.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190511wa0001.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190511wa0002.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190511wa0002.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190511wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th May 2019 at 08:39. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 12th May 2019, 02:56   #3441
BHPian

Hi guys ,
Quick question about the Octavia L&K Variant.
To my understanding this model is now comes with the Digital Cockpit.
I was wondering if you use navigation from Google Maps using Android Auto , do the directions show up on the digital cockpit ? Or is that limited only to the cars inbuilt maps ?
Old 12th May 2019, 06:57   #3442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Hi guys ,
I was wondering if you use navigation from Google Maps using Android Auto , do the directions show up on the digital cockpit ? Or is that limited only to the cars inbuilt maps ?
From Google, I think VAG has globally reserved the high end VC setup for Audi and maybe a few select VW models, and not for Skoda.

Refer: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/s...19-131898.html

Mine at 46K km and 3.5 years!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-octy-2019-1.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th May 2019 at 08:37. Reason: Back to back posts
itwasntme is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 10:49   #3443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshar890 View Post
Hi guys ,
Just checked in my car, and yes, android navigation does not show in the virtual cockpit. It prompts you to look at the center console.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 11:52   #3444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
From Google, I think VAG has globally reserved the high end VC setup for Audi and maybe a few select VW models, and not for Skoda.
Awesome colour
Would have opted for this had it been available now. Is this Rio red? Unfortunately, now they have only black, white, and grey

Last edited by ampere : 12th May 2019 at 19:29. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 13:32   #3445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjared View Post
Bought a pre-owned 2016 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Style plus run 15k kms owned by an NRI. Stock condition vehicle with extended warranty (peace of mind) upto 2020 August !
Welcome to Team-BHP and congratulations on the car mate. There's surely quite nothing like buying a pre-worshipped Skoda under warranty! Do you mind sharing the price you got her home for?

Last edited by ampere : 12th May 2019 at 19:29. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 12th May 2019, 18:59   #3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashish View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP and congratulations on the car mate. There's surely quite nothing like buying a pre-worshipped Skoda under warranty! Do you mind sharing the price you got her home for?
Thanks buddy ! I strictly went by Orange book value for pricing. On road cost was 26 lakhs (as per invoice). Accounting 40% depreciation for Skoda after 2.5 years and some heavy bargaining, finalized at 15 lakhs.

I know this is high for a pre-owned TSI, but couldn't resist the temptation of owning the beauty under warranty.

The owner initially accepted for the price but later backed out claiming another offer for 17.5 lakhs. I didn't budge for it. After a week, he came back again accepting my initial offer and all paper works completed the next day.
jjared is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 19:43   #3447
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed some pitting/speckles on my fog light housings. Exterior is smooth to the touch though. Is this normal?

@lambydude, yes it's a Rio Red shade and was discontinued shortly after bought it. Reasonably rare in BLR at least.

I was sure that the facelift had never arrived in IN in this shade but was shocked to find a colleague's husband's car. Will take a snap of both next to each other if she agrees to it!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20190511_185214.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20190511_185203.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th May 2019 at 20:09.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 20:03   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy1010 View Post
I might be the first Skoda customer with zero benefits from dealer. I'm only being told that they have managed to offer me the old price even after the price hike.
You might want to double check on his statement regarding the price hike.

I spoke to a dealer a few days back and the price list remains unchanged since March 2019, specifically the 1.8 TSi L&K variant is offered at ₹23,59,599 ex-showroom. The price check link on Škoda's site also states the same price and i am pretty sure this is updated as and when needed. One example is that the temporary price cut that was valid until 31st March for the Kodiaq isn't listed anymore.

An easy way to confirm might be to just call dealers from the adjacent cities as the ex-showroom should be the same pan India(I recall seeing this advertised during the face-lift launch).

Old 15th May 2019, 06:49   #3449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygojer View Post
It's a 1.8tsi, done about 30k kms and driven only by me. I'd like to believe that I'm a fairly good driver who treats his car with a lot of respect .

I'm getting my car back either today or tomorrow after the mechatronics replacement. They also say they've changed the gear shift unit. All covered under warranty.

I wanted to check if there's anything specific that I need to check while taking delivery and if it's necessary to ask the dealer for a road worthy certificate?

Last edited by ampere : 15th May 2019 at 07:40. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 15th May 2019, 11:39   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygojer View Post
I'm getting my car back either today or tomorrow after the mechatronics replacement. They also say they've changed the gear shift unit. All covered under warranty.

I wanted to check if there's anything specific that I need to check while taking delivery and if it's necessary to ask the dealer for a road worthy certificate?

Glad you are having it replaced under warranty. Did you predominantly drive those 30k kms within the city and during peak hours?

Most Viewed