Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 20:46   #4936
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
He means avoid shell V power premium. Either use regular (Shell, BP, HP) or go for higher RON fuel from BP 97, IOC 95, HP 99. V Power is useless and those guys keep pestering you to buy it!
Androdev, even Shell Regular is ~111 bucks, i.e. RON91
Old 24th August 2021, 21:24   #4937
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Androdev, even Shell Regular is ~111 bucks, i.e. RON91
Someone should have told me this before. It hurts to fill a 90L tank lol. I thought I will lose my team bhp membership if I deviate from shell fuel, microfiber towels, Michelin tires.
androdev is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 22:11   #4938
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Btw, unlike abroad, V-Power fuel sold by Shell in india is regular fuel + extra additives for cleaning the fuel lines. It's NOT higher octane fuel, it's still 91RON
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 16:22   #4939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by how_you_doing View Post
Fellow Octavia owners - May I know which petrol you are filling in your cars?
I have been using normal available petrol and have been getting an efficiency of 14-16kmpl in city and 12-13 on highways. If you are wondering why the other way around because Delhi Police doesn't allow you to travel beyond 60kmph .

Last edited by aah78 : 25th August 2021 at 17:02. Reason: No SMS please.
the pony is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 18:28   #4940
BHPian

When I bought my Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K in Jan last year, I was specifically to told to use regular petrol by the SA and not to use the Premium and speed. The regular fuel works perfectly well and I get around 13 - 13.5 kms in city driving.

I used to fill the premium petrol in my Honda Civic but when the country switched to BS6 fuel , I think the RON went up from 87 to 91 for petrol . The regular petrol works perfectly well on my Civic also and I get the desired smoothness and power which I never did with regular fuel on the Civic in the pre BS6 era, and hence had to use Premium / speed versions.

I just tank up both the cars from a company owned & operated BPCL pump not far from my house and by and large I am quite happy with the performance of both my cars.
Old 29th August 2021, 12:04   #4941
Senior - BHPian

Weird issue with our 2019 Octavia L&K. The rear left window glass just dropped dead yesterday. The power window switch failed to get it back up. Eventually, the security guy raised the glass with a lot of force and locked the car,”. But after about 5-10 min the glass slid down again.

Is this a common issue in Octavia?
Old 29th August 2021, 19:48   #4942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Is this a common issue in Octavia?
Never heard of this failure in the MkIII Octavia. Has the door card ever been opened for any work at all?

Best to get it to the service station ASAP. Will be covered under warranty 100% including labour.
Old 29th August 2021, 19:58   #4943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Never heard of this failure in the MkIII Octavia. Has the door card ever been opened for any work at all?

Best to get it to the service station ASAP. Will be covered under warranty 100% including labour.
Nope, never ever opened. The car has been sent to the service centre. But this has left a bad taste in big daddy’s mouth. Let’s see how long they take to fix this.
Old 30th August 2021, 20:25   #4944
Distinguished - BHPian

Received this email link today:
https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/ind...sales-campaign
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-screenshot_20210830202432.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 22:15   #4945
BHPian

Fellow Octavia owners - I have 2 questions

1. Does anyone of you find the headlight to be inadequate and not powerful enough? How can I make the headlights illuminate the road more with increased visibility?

2. Is there any video on the web which covers all the features of 1.8TSI as going through the manual is very time-consuming. I spent a lot of time on YouTube but found nothing.
Old 6th September 2021, 23:56   #4946
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Does anyone of you find the headlight to be inadequate and not powerful enough?
I actually think they are pretty good! White light does take some getting used to. I also think, most complaints about headlights are a matter of getting used to the bright and not so bright areas of your car's headlights.

Quote:
2. Is there any video on the web which covers all the features of 1.8TSI as going through the manual is very time-consuming. I spent a lot of time on YouTube but found nothing.
You may not find all features in one place, but you can go one by one, like virtual cockpit, infotainment, parking assist, etc. rest you can cover from owner's manual, or better still try them out, press every button and change every setting

https://www.skoda-auto.com/services/octavia-videos Here is something for the new Octavia, don't know if they have it for the 3rd gen too.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 14:35   #4947

Hello All,

Stuck in a weird situation. My Octavia 1.8 TSI, recently suffered a cracked windshield due to a stone chip on a highway drive. I went to the Tafe Access SC in Bangalore, to get the replacement done under warranty. Initially, they didn't have the glass in stock, so took them around 3-4 weeks to get fresh stock.

I hold my insurance from HDFC Ergo, and it turns out that the cashless facility has been suspended due to Tafe not filing the right documentation / contract. Since the car is a company leased car, the policy is in the name of my company and this doesn't work in case I pay for the repair and then try to claim the reimbursement from HDFC. This is the case with PPS Motors (alternate Skoda dealer) as well.

HDFC is asking me to go to other outlets like Windshield Experts to get the repair done, as they have cashless and the process would be smooth. Do you have any guidance for me here? Should I stick to the OEM glass from Skoda or do I go ahead with 3rd party folks like WE? Any prior experience would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
Old 9th September 2021, 15:11   #4948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skris11 View Post
Hello All,

Stuck in a weird situation. My Octavia 1.8 TSI, recently suffered a cracked windshield due to a stone chip on a highway drive. I went to the Tafe Access SC in Bangalore, to get the replacement done under warranty. Initially, they didn't have the glass in stock, so took them around 3-4 weeks to get fresh stock.

HDFC is asking me to go to other outlets like Windshield Experts to get the repair done, as they have cashless and the process would be smooth. Do you have any guidance for me here? Should I stick to the OEM glass from Skoda or do I go ahead with 3rd party folks like WE? Any prior experience would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
Hope you meant replacement done under insurance and not warranty.

Honestly I dont see any challenge in getting it done from Windshield Experts. When I changed my windshield from OEM the product was Saint Gobain and if I am not wrong it is the same thing that Windshield Experts put too. And windshield should not be something where Skoda might void the warranty if you get it done from out.
Old 10th September 2021, 16:18   #4949

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Hope you meant replacement done under insurance and not warranty.

Honestly I dont see any challenge in getting it done from Windshield Experts. When I changed my windshield from OEM the product was Saint Gobain and if I am not wrong it is the same thing that Windshield Experts put too. And windshield should not be something where Skoda might void the warranty if you get it done from out.
Sorry I meant under 'insurance!' Thanks for the response, I'm planning to get in touch with Windshield Experts to get this done. But it seems like I have to relook at my insurance provider when the renewal comes up, if the cashless facility isn't restored by then.
Old 10th September 2021, 17:51   #4950
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skris11 View Post
Sorry I meant under 'insurance!' Thanks for the response, I'm planning to get in touch with Windshield Experts to get this done. But it seems like I have to relook at my insurance provider when the renewal comes up, if the cashless facility isn't restored by then.
HDFC does not have cashless with Skoda in general. They do have cashless with some specific Skoda dealers but not all.

On a related note, have insurance rates gone up? - I'm trying to renew my insurance into 3rd year and even with increase in no-claim-bonus the quote is 5k more than last year. Something to do with model discontinued and hence more expensive repairs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks