Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2019, 14:04   #3421
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy1010 View Post
I have sent them an email trying for one last time, to show a better insurance deal -
Skoda has insurance tie ups with Bajaj Allianz, Reliance and one of the govt companies(forgot which one). For my Octavia Style Tdi, the Bajaj allianz quote was 125631/- whereas Reliance was 86000/-. The Extended warranty and RSA was 64888/-. You could probably ask for a Reliance quote too. My add ons are Zero dep+consumables+engine protect.
On the Octavia, they dont budge easily for discounts. They were giving 25k off on the ex-showroom price if any of mine or spouses' blood relatives had a car from Skoda/VW/Audi/Porsche/Lamborghini(, but this is what my SA told me) any time in the past. They also gave me 4.5k discount on the 10k handling charges after some haggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
Need a help on extended warranty info.
I bought a magic black Style Tdi just after you
My dealer is Tafe access Mangalore. They provided me with a Extended warranty certificate, which Skoda had sent to them. He took a print and was given under dealership's sign and seal. I dont have a pic with me right now. It mentions the vehicle details, owner details, duration and mileage for the warranty etc.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 8th May 2019 at 14:11.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 16:03   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post

I bought a magic black Style Tdi just after you
My dealer is Tafe access Mangalore. They provided me with a Extended warranty certificate, which Skoda had sent to them. He took a print and was given under dealership's sign and seal. I dont have a pic with me right now. It mentions the vehicle details, owner details, duration and mileage for the warranty etc.
Thank you.
I had raised this concern with Skoda India customer care yesterday. Wasn't expecting any miracle to happen.
Surprise, surprise I recieved my extended warranty on email from my dealer today.
Must say that I'm impressed.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 21:23   #3423
BHPian

I got my 1.8TSI L&K delivered today! The final cash discounts were 1L including waiver for handling charges. Thanks to TBHP advice I also got a good 50% discount on insurance since I was able to transfer NCB of 50% from my Rapid's insurance.
Old 8th May 2019, 21:26   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I got my 1.8TSI L&K delivered today! The final cash discounts were 1L including waiver for handling charges. Thanks to TBHP advice I also got a good 50% discount on insurance since I was able to transfer NCB of 50% from my Rapid's insurance.
Congratulations @nma83. Please post some pics
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 16:08   #3425
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations @nma83. Please post some pics
Thanks! Took a photo on the way back from work today. This car is absolutely gorgeous and the virtual cockpit is just so well done.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_20190509_154530_s.jpg  

nma83 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 17:03   #3426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Took a photo on the way back from work today. This car is absolutely gorgeous and the virtual cockpit is just so well done.
Super! The most VFM well engineered powerful luxury sedan available in IN today.

Get rid of the pink ribbon tape ASAP. They tend to stain / discoulour the paint over even a short period.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 22:00   #3427

First post as Team-BHP member !

Have been a spectator and a follower for various threads on team-BHP. This thread is one among them. Never imagined that I'll post one like this in my life.

Yes. Bought a pre-owned 2016 Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Style plus run 15k kms owned by an NRI. Stock condition vehicle with extended warranty (peace of mind) upto 2020 August !
jjared is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 22:40   #3428
BHPian

Took delivery of my TDI MT Style today after a 2.5 month wait. It was definitely worth the wait and I was accompanied by my father, wifi and daughter. First stop from the showroom was my brothers home to pick up my mom and then went straight to Circle Maramma temple for the blessings. Followed this with Sai Baba temple visit and sitting at home sharing my experience with fellow BHPians while waiting to get behind the wheels tomorrow morning!!
One question for which I need Octy owners advise is on the Navigation/SD Card functionality. I was told this is available only on L&K which has 2 SD Card slots; Style has just 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-20190509_221936.jpg  

Santosh.Kat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 22:42   #3429

Quote:
Big Congratulations to you!

I have got ZERO discount from my dealer. Still haven't done the PDI / paid the amount via SBI loan. But this makes me think - dealer has been saying that vizag has had very few sales and demand for this model, so they absolutely CANNOT offer any discount. Dealer tried getting me a Corporate Discount, but that didn't work out.

Would you mind sharing anecdotes on how you managed to get a discount of almost 100K? ! Even depot / handling charges are not being waived off.

Also, just received pictures from my dealer - car was never kept in a yard. It's been kept indoors in the same building as the showroom. Notice that protective white film and inside covers are off. When I enquired, I was told the PDI in charge has to take them off to inspect. I've asked them to put the films and inside covers on for now - being a black car.

I still cannot believe I'm going ahead with this, knowing I couldn't get dealer to discount on anything. Even some accessories like the gas pedals, loading protection strip etc will be charged. Dealer is offering me the car as per the old rate ( 23,59,590 /- ). Rates were bumped up to 23,99,000/-, on 23rd April. He says he cannot offer anything since I'm getting the old rate. Car VIN says March manufacture.

Is there anyway I can get the dealer to work out something? Any inputs would be much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190508wa0004.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190508wa0002.jpg  

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190508wa0001.jpg  

roy1010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 23:02   #3430
BHPian

Quote:

Would you mind sharing anecdotes on how you managed to get a discount of almost 100K? ! Even depot / handling charges are not being waived off.

Is there anyway I can get the dealer to work out something? Any inputs would be much appreciated!
I too got a discount of 85k in March 2019. Break up was
1.50 k as Skoda loyalty ( I had a Rapid before buying Octavia).
2. 25k insurance quote reduction
3. 10k dealer discount

final invoice showed that they had adjusted this amount from ex showroom price ( 50k) and remaining 35k from insurance. It is true that in normal circumstances Skoda dealers do not give discounts on Octavia as it is in demand compared to their other models. I got the discount maybe due to my purchase coinciding with financial year ending

I'm surprised that they took off the white protective film. In my case it was removed on the day of delivery. Did you check how many KMs the car has run?

Last edited by Lambydude : 9th May 2019 at 23:03.
Old 10th May 2019, 00:16   #3431

Quote:
I too got a discount of 85k in March 2019.

I'm surprised that they took off the white protective film. In my case it was removed on the day of delivery. Did you check how many KMs the car has run?
Nice to know about the discount! Not so nice, however, knowing I'm not getting any!

The film was removed by their PDI in charge. I bought this explanation! Have asked them to put all covers. Being black, I've also told them, I won't accept the car if the car body looks misused. Have asked odo reading - let's see.
Old 10th May 2019, 00:31   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Many Congratulations on the purchase. I think Style Plus comes with sunroof.
Can you please share the price you paid as it gives a perspective to other buyers. Thanks
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 09:49   #3433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Can you please share the price you paid as it gives a perspective to other buyers. Thanks
Yes Style Plus came with sun roof which got discontinued. So in the present lineup only L&K has the sunroof. I think Skoda ought to make the sunroof as standard in the Octavia. One feels shortchanged (atleast I would do) if my 20L car didn't have a sunroof!
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 17:28   #3434
BHPian

Quote:
The break up of discount for me was:
- 75000 cash discount including waiver of handling charges
- 25000 loyalty discount (owned a Rapid till 2018)

I had to be persistent about getting the max cash discount possible and got the above after about 3 rounds of negotiation (and a veiled mention of other options).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Style plus is no longer on sale though.
The final OTR for me was 28,70,000 including a 50% NCB discount applied on their in-house insurance package. The quoted OTR at the start was 30,03,000.
nma83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 22:24   #3435
BHPian

This is what my 1.8TSI AT gave me on my recent trip to Agra i did drive it on Yamuna expressway in cruise control at just 100 kmph
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img20190421wa0011.jpg  

Last edited by reddevilgautam : 10th May 2019 at 22:34.
reddevilgautam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks