Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 07:11   #1921
BHPian

Graaja, thanks for the prompt reply. The damage done to the bumper isn't much, I mean a simple paint job should suffice. I shall get the car to either 3M or some other reputed detailing shops here in Pune and ask them for a quote regarding the same.

Any idea about the tyre pressure that I have mentioned above?
Old 23rd September 2015, 07:58   #1922
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
Graaja, thanks for the prompt reply. The damage done to the bumper isn't much, I mean a simple paint job should suffice. I shall get the car to either 3M or some other reputed detailing shops here in Pune and ask them for a quote regarding the same.

Any idea about the tyre pressure that I have mentioned above?
Not sure about the Octavia, but in my Jetta, I maintain a pressure of 33psi on all tires, with me and my wife in the front and two children in the back. For long trips when I expect the boot to be loaded as well, I go with 34 psi. But I am not sure if I am doing the right thing either
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:54   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpbreather View Post
Did you fix the steering does everything work like the original steering

Keeping my fingers crossed and hope I receive it without any customs hassle.
Sorry for the delay in responding. This past week has been a bit busier than usual but to answer your question, yes, I got it fixed at the service centre and everything works like the original steering. It took all of 10 minutes for them to fix it and they didn't charge anything. I spoke to the service centre folks before ordering the steering to make sure they were okay with fitting it. Also checked with them about whether doing this would void the warranty and I was told that they wouldn't update their records with the fact that the steering was changed and therefore the warranty would not be affected.

Hope things go smoothly for you.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:05   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
I got it fixed at the service centre and everything works like the original steering. It took all of 10 minutes for them to fix it and they didn't charge anything.

So does this steering come with the airbag?if yes how do we ensure that it will trigger when required.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:10   #1925
BHPian

Volkswagen scandal: VW emissions recall 'will hit Skoda and Seat cars' as shares in VW wobble: live
Shares in Volkswagen continue to fall as diesel engine cheat scandal grows bigger, more countries launch investigtions and investors await outcome of tonight's board meeting. Meanwhile VW is understood to have hired BP oil spill lawyers and it is understood the group's Skoda and Seat cars could be affected by the recall

This is an article from the UK about the ongoing emission crisis within Volkswagen.
As the present Octavia is a CKD unit from europe, Is a recall likely here too?
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:50   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Not sure about the Octavia, but in my Jetta, I maintain a pressure of 33psi on all tires, with me and my wife in the front and two children in the back. For long trips when I expect the boot to be loaded as well, I go with 34 psi. But I am not sure if I am doing the right thing either
Thanks again mate. I maintain a pressure of 33 PSI in the FWD tyres and 34 PSI in the rear ones. I had an issue regarding the car wobbling over speeds of 100 km/hr which i had addressed in this thread earlier on. Guys had recommended getting the balancing done, which I did get. However the problem was still persistent, but this was only when the car was loaded, that is 2+2 people fwd and aft and with luggage in the boot. Any idea why is this still happening? The tyres have done only about 8K till now and there are no signs of any deformation or damage, neither to the alloys.
Old 23rd September 2015, 18:39   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Just wondered how much extra do these 'added' features cost in UK on the options list, it came to a whopping GBP 1500/- which is roughly INR 150000. We are getting features worth 1.5 Lacs at half the cost. I guess its a good deal after all. Still I would not encourage anyone to go for a TSI at least until they have the decision and solution for my vehicle.

I am considering a Octavia TSI as a replacement for my Laura. What is the problem you are facing with yours?
Old 24th September 2015, 05:16   #1928
Senior - BHPian

To all the Octavia owners who have recently taken delivery of their cars, has Skoda changed the horn to earlier trumpet type that they used to give in their cars before? Recently test drove an Octavia which had done 1200 kms and the horn was a pleasant surprise against the much talked about shrill "peep peep" horn, it was a proper dual tone horn and sounded exactly same like VW cars.

Has Skoda managed to solve the rattling issues with sunroof and orvm's? I love VW cars for being rattle/squeak free and it would be really irritating to hear rattles in a 25 lakh car as my 3 year old Vento is without a single rattle or squeak after covering 43k kms.
Old 24th September 2015, 08:23   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
To all the Octavia owners who have recently taken delivery of their cars, has Skoda changed the horn to earlier trumpet type that they used to give in their cars before? Recently test drove an Octavia which had done 1200 kms and the horn was a pleasant surprise against the much talked about shrill "peep peep" horn, it was a proper dual tone horn and sounded exactly same like VW cars.
Skoda has changed the Octavia horn to their classic 'fanfare' type almost a year back.
Haren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 00:44   #1930
BHPian

As I have posted earlier as well I had booked a Octavia 1.8tsi Elegance in Black which had arrived at the dealer stock yard 2 weeks back from now and since the anniversary edition was announced last week i changed my booking to that and did not take the car that they had got for me.

Today I got a call from my SA that they are ready to offer me a discount of 1.5 Lacs on the OTR price if i accept the car that they have in stock with them which was ordered for me. So that is 1.5Lacs less that the price of the Anniversary edition and 1Lac less than the price of the regular Elegance.

The deal sounded too good to be true but the SA assures me that its the same car that they had got for me and has arrived only 2 weeks back, he is ready to share the VIN details with me as well as get the car from their stockyard for me to inspect.

Although the head says its a great deal the heart is stuck on the anniversary edition whether those 4 to 5 new features are worth forfeiting a discount of 1.5Lacs I do not know but I do know that I am looking forward to every single one of these new features and missing out on them I may repent later. After spending the entire day thinking about it, discussing with fellow Bhpians, and family I have decided to not take up this deal even though a 1.5Lac discount on a fairly new car with a fairly good demand (at least they are not able to match up to the demand) is sounding tempting even as I am typing this. I am sticking with my booking of the Anniversary Edition whenever it comes, however in case if anyone else In Bombay may be interested in a Black 1.8tsi Elegance at a price that is 1Lac cheaper than the OTR price do let me know and maybe I can speak to my SA and someone else could take the benefit of this offer.

VVB

Last edited by vvb8530 : 25th September 2015 at 00:46. Reason: Note to Mods: Reposting this information from another thread where I have just posted as the information may benefit someone.
Old 25th September 2015, 01:37   #1931
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post

Today I got a call from my SA that they are ready to offer me a discount of 1.5 Lacs on the OTR price if i accept the car that they have in stock with them which was ordered for me. So that is 1.5Lacs less that the price of the Anniversary edition and 1Lac less than the price of the regular Elegance.

The deal sounded too good to be true but the SA assures me that its the same car that they had got for me and has arrived only 2 weeks back, he is ready to share the VIN details with me as well as get the car from their stockyard for me to inspect.

VVB
That does sound like a good deal! Too good a deal for a two week old car! Looks like they want to get rid of stock and make way for new.

The Anniversary edition is the one to go for. Paddles transform the driving experience! And for that alone, it's a no-brainer.

The Anniversary Edition with all-black interior would have been ideal, IMO.
Old 25th September 2015, 18:17   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That does sound like a good deal! Too good a deal for a two week old car! Looks like they want to get rid of stock and make way for new.

The Anniversary edition is the one to go for. Paddles transform the driving experience! And for that alone, it's a no-brainer.

The Anniversary Edition with all-black interior would have been ideal, IMO.
Absolutely agreed the black interiors are mind blowing and I so wish that it was available on this special edition.

And yes the paddles I am really looking forward to as that is one feature that I was really missing on the Octavia as compared to the Jetta which was bothering me and once the anniversary edition was announced I was bloody excited.

Also the dealer sent me the VIN details today which I decoded and it turns out that it is an April manufactured car which I fell in itself makes me think there is something not right here. As per the dealer though buying an April manufactured car in September is fine and he was a little taken aback when I told him that i have decoded the VIN, cant thank Team BHP enough for such valuable information that is shared with us.
Old 25th September 2015, 19:11   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
Also the dealer sent me the VIN details today which I decoded and it turns out that it is an April manufactured car which I fell in itself makes me think there is something not right here. As per the dealer though buying an April manufactured car in September is fine and he was a little taken aback when I told him that i have decoded the VIN, cant thank Team BHP enough for such valuable information that is shared with us.
April manufactured car may be fine. Even the anniversary version may have a manufacturing date in May. As per the dealer, the VIN number is assigned when it gets shipped from Czech Republic.
Old 28th September 2015, 17:53   #1934
BHPian

My car is due for first inspection this week. I called for an appointment and got a shock when I was told that the first available date is Oct 9th! Not sure if this is par for the course for tafe/skoda. Coming from a hyundai, I was surprised.

My car has run around 7100km and I have a 700km trip planned this week. Will exceeding the 7500km by 300km before the first inspection affect anything? I am aware that the only thing that will be done in this inspection is an oil change if necessary and I just checked the dipstick and it looks good as its only been run on the highway. Just being cautious since its skoda we are talking about and I don't want to void my warranty or anything. Please advise.
Old 28th September 2015, 18:29   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreakv6 View Post
My car is due for first inspection this week. I called for an appointment and got a shock when I was told that the first available date is Oct 9th! Not sure if this is par for the course for tafe/skoda. Coming from a hyundai, I was surprised.

My car has run around 7100km and I have a 700km trip planned this week. Will exceeding the 7500km by 300km before the first inspection affect anything? I am aware that the only thing that will be done in this inspection is an oil change if necessary and I just checked the dipstick and it looks good as its only been run on the highway. Just being cautious since its skoda we are talking about and I don't want to void my warranty or anything. Please advise.
With my Laura VRS I didn't even bother to send it for 6 month inspection. They don't change the oil, just top it up if its close to the C mark as in the manual. If you carry a liter same spec oil to top it up, it should be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks