Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 15:28   #1891
BHPian

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Then the "Brake error WORKSHOP" flashed in the instrument binnacle
AFAIK you cannot push start a DSG ! I hope the gearbox isn't damaged.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:32   #1892
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
AFAIK you cannot push start a DSG ! I hope the gearbox isn't damaged.
No way! :(

But it wasn't pushed much, maybe 20 feet or so.

Can I change the battery brand, maybe to a larger Exide one?
Old 20th August 2015, 17:14   #1893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No way! :(

But it wasn't pushed much, maybe 20 feet or so.

Can I change the battery brand, maybe to a larger Exide one?
You need to be careful with that DSG! Push starting is a big no with these complex ATs.

Yes you can change to higher cpacity battery. I replaced the stock 60aH Varta battery to Amaron 74aH recently on my Laura TSI.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 18:07   #1894
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
You need to be careful with that DSG! Push starting is a big no with these complex ATs.

Yes you can change to higher cpacity battery. I replaced the stock 60aH Varta battery to Amaron 74aH recently on my Laura TSI.
Thanks for your reply!

I already changed it to an Exide battery of the same specification fearing coding issues.
Old 20th August 2015, 21:06   #1895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So my car refused to start this afternoon after leaving it parked for ten minutes in my office building. I drove it all morning without any hiccup. The instrument cluster lights up like a christmas tree and the turning of the key in the ignition is accompanied by a consistent clicking sound.

The error message on the media screen says "Low battery, turn off engine or media screen" , hence with the help of some staff I decided to put it in D and push start the car. Then the "Brake error WORKSHOP" flashed in the instrument binnacle. i've now called the exide bat mobile service who are 4 hours away. All the while my windows are half way down and the car is eating up 3 parking spots.

I have a November 2013 1.8 TSi Ambition with only 13,600km on the odo.
You push started a DSG? Hopefully the surge with a push start hasn't friend anything. Only jump starts are recommended, that too with a lot of precaution.

What you mentioned is a clear case of a bad battery.
Old 21st August 2015, 13:40   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
hence with the help of some staff I decided to put it in D and push start the car.
Is starting like this even possible with an automatic gearbox? Were you able to move the car in while in D?
Old 21st August 2015, 14:12   #1897
BHPian

Hi,

Skoda used to provide rear wiper on Octavia sold in India, I am not sure why they are not providing the same in current variant.

Octavia in other countries still comes with rear wiper.

Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-skodaoctaviarearwiper.jpg

Use of rear wiper in sedans has been debated several times in this forum, but I find it very useful during rain.

Regards.
Old 31st August 2015, 15:22   #1898
BHPian

My 3.5 year old VRS found a new home and I am in the market for a new car. Octavia is one of the shortlist and had a test drive of a Elegance TDI DSG. The quality of interiors is definitely better than Laura. Doors are not as hefty as laura though. Dealer does not have a TSI test drive vehicle and is offering a superb 7DSG for test drive. Can I make a correct impression of Octavia from this ? especially since superb is still 160 BHP. After driving a VRS for 3+years, I only want another TSI, diesel will not do!
Old 1st September 2015, 04:26   #1899
BHPian

I recently activated needle staging using 12.12.3 VAG and it worked only once after which it stopped.
Read on other forums that similar problem with MY15.5 cars. It is unpredictable and works every few times randomly.
Mine is a 1.8 Tsi Zeal edition.
I was able to activate lap timer and enable rear lights with DRL. Also the blower speed is displayed when I turn on ACC (auto mode).
I am using a clone from China purchased from the same source most have on this thread Also have the 12.12.2 does anyone suggest using a different cable, will it help or are the newer cars and older clone cables a bad idea.
Thanks.
Old 1st September 2015, 08:46   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpbreather View Post
Mine is a 1.8 Tsi Zeal edition.
I was able to activate lap timer and enable rear lights with DRL.
Latest version is 15.x which is not cloned yet, although version 14.x is available in the cloned form. Try using that. Can you post a picture of the lap timer activation along with code you used?
Old 2nd September 2015, 02:39   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Latest version is 15.x which is not cloned yet, although version 14.x is available in the cloned form. Try using that. Can you post a picture of the lap timer activation along with code you used?
The lap timer option was available in the same list as the needle sweep activation option.
It comes as a main option in MFD display under Audio Phone etc.
I have noticed the needle sweep works if given a break and not continuously.
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:13   #1902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpbreather View Post
The lap timer option was available in the same list as the needle sweep activation option.
It comes as a main option in MFD display under Audio Phone etc.
I have noticed the needle sweep works if given a break and not continuously.
I had tried to activate lap timer but it didn't. Needle sweep works most of the times, but if you do a really quick off and on within 3-5 seconds, it might not do the full drama. Gosh I miss my car. Post a photo of the lap timer activation screen on the MFD.
Old 3rd September 2015, 16:51   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
I would hands down recommend the supplier. Andrey is his name and www.skodadop.com is where you can get this stuff. Best part is all the products I received, except for the faux immitation exhaust which are manufactured by Milotec, are genuine Skoda parts. I got the TSI badge, the Steering and a Skoda Octavia Scale model, all genuine Skoda stuff. 100% great site to shop from and excellent customer service.
Hi Kapil, tried ordering on this website but just cant figure out the payment system, does one need to have a VAT number to register on GoPay? Also, I have family in france that I can ship this to and they can bring it here next month, would you recommend shipping it to france or getting it directly here? my order is a measly 69$ compared to your >400 but dont want to pay duty!

thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:23   #1904
BHPian

To all the Octavia owners, have the noise rattles on the Sunroof and OVRM been resolved? From what I understand, this has been an earlier issue and no longer exists. Please confirm.
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:29   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
To all the Octavia owners, have the noise rattles on the Sunroof and OVRM been resolved? From what I understand, this has been an earlier issue and no longer exists. Please confirm.
My car has done close to 7K in 8 months and have not sensed any rattles from the sunroof so far. But I hardly open it.

As for the ORVM, sometimes while it is opening, there is a slight grumbling, which I have not felt as a big problem. not sure if this is the same as the much-discussed rattle.
Haren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks