Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 22:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Fantastic ownership thread. Congrats on a wonderful car.

This is my favourite colour in the Jetta ever since I saw it in the Auto Expo in Feb.

It's nice to see VW quietly adding new features to the car like lightning connector, adjustable arm rests.

With the recent features added like xenon's and dual zone climate control, the Jetta is a well loaded package. It remains my dream car to buy if I had the moolah.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 23:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
You are clearly a man in love, Amarendranath!
Congrats! Your Jetta is a looker!

Awaiting the interior shots!
Thank you Yash! I am head over heels for the JETTA! Will surely upload the interior shots as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
Congratulations on your blue beauty! The Jetta is a car which intoxicates you with it's sheer coolness.(couldn't find a better word here)
Thank you thebfg! The blue beauty has made me the coolest guy in the vicinity

Quote:
I am planning to install a race chip as soon as I have enough funds (saving up for an Elantra as well) Although, my advice to you is, be very careful with it as even a small ding can break the bank.
I'm confused here. You own a Jetta and planning on a race chip is it? Good luck with your Elantra as well.
Quote:
Now I have a few questions of my own:-
1) Can I somehow aftermarket the ACC?
2) My friend has a Comfortline Jetta and he was wondering if he could get electric seats?
For a comfort line model, The RCD 510 audio unit can be fitted with. Also a better upgrade( blapaunkt) is available. The electric seats i seriously doubt it. I remember seeing a website posted by one of our members in the official Jetta thread. Here the OEM's for Jetta were available. May be he can get a ACC from here and get it fitted from VW ?

Quote:
3) Will I ever get to drive it?
Sure mate. Whenever you drop by in Hyderabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition mate. The Jetta looks remarkable in blue. Nice write up and exhaustively informative thread. Can you share the OTR price and price break-up? And wish you happy mile munching with your German beauty.
Thank you Pferdestarke! Got your handle wrong thrice while writing the post I'm glad you liked the way i presented it. I will PM you the details in a while. The SE asked me not to reveal them and hence the PM's ( Don't mind, Just trying to maintain a goodwill, Its VW after all we never know )

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Excellent and very detailed write up. The jetta has had me bowled over by its looks from day 1. But somehow destiny had other plans and it never ended up in our garage. This new shade of blue looks really awesome although it would be a pain to maintain. Wishing you many happy miles with the car.
Thank you drmohitg! I'm glad you liked the review. Unlike you i had a strange hatred towards the Jetta ( or VW may be ) in the beginning. That was in the Past. You have got yourself a sweet ride mate! Someday will see you there, for now I'm all smiles for the JETTA. True that, indeed very tough to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Fantastic car and a well written review. Every aspect detailed with so much effort and the best part is that you wrote from your heart. Exceptional writing skills. You have launched the detailing bug in me once again. I own a 2011 Ivtec Honda City and for sure over the weekend it is going for a detailing session to 3M. Enjoy your ride and keep us all posted about the upgrades you plan for it.
Thank you AD! The car does deserve loads of love doesn't it? And yes I'm flattered by your kind words. I always felt detailing is a must for a car so let me add fuel to the fire by saying get her detailed right away. Will definitely update the thread. Safe miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.nandan View Post
Congratulations! One hell of a write up. Clearly deserves and she looks splendid in blue..
Thank you Rishi! I'm glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Fantastic ownership thread. Congrats on a wonderful car.

This is my favourite colour in the Jetta ever since I saw it in the Auto Expo in Feb. It's nice to see VW quietly adding new features to the car like lightning connector, adjustable arm rests. With the recent features added like xenon's and dual zone climate control, the Jetta is a well loaded package. It remains my dream car to buy if I had the moolah.
A special thanks to you Viddy! Your pics did help me decide. I'm glad you enjoyed going through my thread. The color, connector did come as a shock. Its hard going back to the pre-facelift models(even with huge discounts) after experiencing the face lifted model. We turned down the 2012 model which had pretty huge discounts on it. Lets hope you can get one for yourself soon.
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 16:27   #33
BHPian

Excellent put together review Amarendranath and congratulations on your new ride. There are a lot of Jetta reviews on the forum these days which is great to see.

By the way did you TD the manual Jetta. I might have missed if you have mentioned somewhere in your thread but in case you have, could you please highlight the differences between the MT and the AT. I had asked the same question to iliketurtles on his ownership thread. He had not TD'ed the MT version !

Also some more pics of the interior would be nice.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 17:28   #34
BHPian

Absolutely fantastic car and a nice choice of color. Off late, Jetta has been grabbing lots of attention which it rightly deserves particularly after the recent upgrade. I'm contemplating a D1 segment car and as of now Jetta is still miles ahead in my list. The to be launched Corolla cannot hold a candle to the Jetta except for the reliability and A$$/maintenance.

Thank you Amar for your excellent review and drive safe. By the way, what did you name her?
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 17:38   #35
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car and that's one amazing write up!

P.S. Noticed in one of the photos that the passenger airbag is off. Just turn that on and hope you never have to use it!

Cheers
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 00:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Excellent put together review Amarendranath and congratulations on your new ride. There are a lot of Jetta reviews on the forum these days which is great to see.
Thank you Baddychat for your comments. Yes i agree that the Jetta Club is increasing day by day on our forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
By the way did you TD the manual Jetta. I could you please highlight the differences between the MT and the AT. IAlso some more pics of the interior would be nice.
No i too didn't test drive the Manual version, After driving the DSG somehow the interest for a manual did fade away. And yes i will definitely upload more pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
Absolutely fantastic car and a nice choice of color. Off late, Jetta has been grabbing lots of attention which it rightly deserves particularly after the recent upgrade
Thank you Petrolveins! In Orion motors all the Jetta Highline have been sold out, according to them the demand for Jetta has been quite overwhelming for about 5 months now.

Quote:
I'm contemplating a D1 segment car and as of now Jetta is still miles ahead in my list. The to be launched Corolla cannot hold a candle to the Jetta except for the reliability and A$$/maintenance.
Good luck with your car! Do let me know if i can be of any help

Quote:
Thank you Amar for your excellent review and drive safe. By the way, what did you name her?
Well i usually don't name any of our cars and so the idea of naming the car didn't hit me till i saw your post. I guess i shall try one this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Congratulations on the new car and that's one amazing write up!Noticed in one of the photos that the passenger airbag is off. Just turn that on and hope you never have to use it!
Thank you Rohan! I myself enjoyed quite a bit while writing the review. I don't know how, why, when that happened, I just checked and found it to be turned on. And lets hope we never use it.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 1st May 2014 at 00:41.
Old 1st May 2014, 00:37   #37
BHPian

By the way Amar, I noticed that you also own XUV 500. It will be great if you can compare these 2 (XUV and Jetta) from your perspective. The 2 most sought after cars in their respective segments are in your garage!!
Old 1st May 2014, 11:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
By the way Amar, I noticed that you also own XUV 500. It will be great if you can compare these 2 (XUV and Jetta) from your perspective. The 2 most sought after cars in their respective segments are in your garage!!
We own a Dolphin Grey W8, We were one of the very few who got the car before the mind boggling wait period had begun. 'The sporty speeds' were not even available by the time we got the car. It is the primary source of transport at dad's native. However the experience with it was never smooth. Our car had almost every XUV owner's complaints. Multiple visits to the workshops etc etc. Even one of the Projector lights went kaput. Also i was never a SUV person and hence never showed the love or care towards it Will surely try to compare both when i get to drive the XUV again. Currently it is being tortured at my grand mothers place.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 1st May 2014 at 11:40.
Old 1st May 2014, 12:34   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

@Amarendranath congrats on the new car. Enjoyed reading it, you are absolutely smitten or what! I am happy for you that you finally ended up with your dream car. The facelift made this car a lot more desirable. The new Octavia doesn't look as slick as Jetta. I wish Jetta came with 1.8TSI and proper leather options.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2014, 13:43   #40
Team-BHP Support

Many congrats Amar! I love the tempest blue shade on the Jetta as much as the race blue shade on the new Octavia. Yet to see one in flesh though. The 16” Atlanta twin-spoke alloys has to be one of the better OEM designs IMO. Skoda has a similar design (Draconis) for the Laura vRS but this one looks much better and sportier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath
i remember the test car closing side view mirrors using the key fob. My car doesn't.
This has to be activated through VCDS. You can request the service centre to do this for you along with cluster staging (speedo and tacho needle sweep). If they refuse to do so, check out if any Hyderabad BHP’ians have a VCDS cable. Robi is from Bangalore. If you can drive down to Bangalore for a weekend, I am sure he can help. It would make for a pleasurable drive as well.

EDIT: If it is possible, get the 3M PPF applied on the hood to avoid the paint getting chipped off. This happens when you follow a tipper carrying loose gravel/sand and the tiny stones fall off hitting the hood, bumper and windshield during the process. The PPF can also be applied to the door handle cups so the scratches that occur due to our nails scraping the paint when we open the door, can be avoided.

Congrats once again and wish you many happy miles with the ride!

PS: Please refrain from clicking snaps when you drive. You are putting yourself and the other commuters at risk. Ask your co-driver to click them for you.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st May 2014 at 13:51. Reason: 3M PPF point
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:05   #41
BHPian

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
@Amarendranath congrats on the new car. Enjoyed reading it, you are absolutely smitten or what! I am happy for you that you finally ended up with your dream car.

Thank you Androdev! I was bitten by the LOVE bug i guess , specially the color is really elevating the car's presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
The facelift made this car a lot more desirable. The new Octavia doesn't look as slick as Jetta. I wish Jetta came with 1.8TSI and proper leather options.

True, in my opinion the JETTA looks more distinctive compared to the Octavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Many congrats Amar! I love the tempest blue shade on the Jetta as much as the race blue shade on the new Octavia. Yet to see one in flesh though. The 16” Atlanta twin-spoke alloys has to be one of the better OEM designs IMO. Skoda has a similar design (Draconis) for the Laura vRS but this one looks much better and sportier.

Thank you Gannu! You will be absolutely floored by the color, please do check it out. The Atlanta's are one of the best designs in the entire D-segment.

Quote:
This has to be activated through VCDS. You can request the service centre to do this for you along with cluster staging (speedo and tacho needle sweep). If they refuse to do so, check out if any Hyderabad BHP’ians have a VCDS cable.

I shall soon have a word with the workshop manager on this, I hope someone from HYD does have this cable.

Quote:
get the 3M PPF applied on the hood to avoid the paint getting chipped off. This happens when you follow a tipper carrying loose gravel/sand and the tiny stones fall off hitting the hood, bumper and windshield during the process. The PPF can also be applied to the door handle cups so the scratches that occur due to our nails scraping the paint when we open the door, can be avoided.

How much does this cost any idea? i heard it would cost a bombshell. And the door handle area is quite prone to scratches, So shall think about this.

Quote:
Congrats once again and wish you many happy miles with the ride!

Thank you once again. Wish you miles of happy and safe driving.!

Quote:
Please refrain from clicking snaps when you drive. You are putting yourself and the other commuters at risk. Ask your co-driver to click them for you.

I clicked the pics on an empty strech road with absolutely no traffic, with cruise mode on. But yes will avoid from now on. Thanks for the advice.

Cheers!

Last edited by Amarendranath : 2nd May 2014 at 12:25.
Old 3rd May 2014, 10:54   #42
BHPian

This has to be one of the most entertaining review I have read. Congratulations on your Jetta ! The colour is truly impressive and makes you want to look again and again. I enjoyed the small bits that you have written after owning the car. Wishing you many happy years of awesome driving!
slackyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:59   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackyboy View Post
This has to be one of the most entertaining review I have read. Congratulations on your Jetta !
The colour is truly impressive and makes you want to look again and again. I enjoyed the small bits that you have written after owning the car. Wishing you many happy years of awesome driving!
Thank you slackyboy! I totally agree with you on the color. Magnificent yet very subtle. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Take care and drive safe.
Old 3rd May 2014, 15:56   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Thank you slackyboy! I totally agree with you on the color. Magnificent yet very subtle. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Take care and drive safe.
Congratulations buddy for the finest car in the market and the BEST colour that a car can wear.

I too own a Swift with a similar shade as your Jetta.

Hope to meet you and your Tempest blue soon.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 11:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations buddy for the finest car in the market and the BEST colour that a car can wear.

I too own a Swift with a similar shade as your Jetta.

Hope to meet you and your Tempest blue soon.

Anurag.
Thank you Anurag! The Men in Blue, shall drive in blue and meet at Radisson blue!

My pleasure, looking forward to meeting you. There is a brunch being planned for May 11th. Please keep an eye out at the Team-Bhp Meet section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks