Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 00:24   #361
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Saw this in another forum. According to that post this is the pricing.

Prices On Road Delhi -

Petrol
1.6 base variant - 10.58 L
1.6 S 11.78
1.6 SX+ 13.72

Diesel
1.4 Base 11.79 L
1.4 S 12.99
1.4 S+ 14.15
1.6 SX 14.64
1.6 SX+ 16 .00
1.6 SX AT 17.10
1.6 SX (O) 17.15

If this is true then the Creta is already dead before its official launch.
Maybe Hyundai themselves are spreading these things to judge the reactions and then price accordingly?

Judging from the already official "you'll be surprised by the price" statements everywhere; it seems the pricing will be what RavenAvi has found out. And if Hyundai are actually going to price it more, the max they should is around 30-40k more than the Verna for this to get the response they're expecting. Any more and Hyundai will risk the impression of being greedy which Honda is increasingly being accused of(and rightly so). And we know how that turned out for the Mobilio. While this is no Mobilio, if overpriced; it will be a big missed opportunity for Hyundai to completely dominate this flourishing segment. But they've done everything perfect till now, and I think they'll come good here too.
Whichcarnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 03:39   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Petrol
1.6 S 11.78
1.6 SX+ 13.72

Diesel
1.4 Base 11.79 L
1.4 S 12.99
1.4 S+ 14.15
1.6 SX 14.64
1.6 SX+ 16 .00
1.6 SX AT 17.10
1.6 SX (O) 17.15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
I dont think these prices are correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
Maybe Hyundai themselves are spreading these things to judge the reactions and then price accordingly?
For those who feel/think Creta will be priced similar to the Jazz/ecosport think again! Creta will come equipped with the following engine options1.6 litre petrol, 1.4 litre diesel and a 1.6 litre diesel engine. The Verna 1.6L Petrol starts at 8.90 Lakhs, I don't think Hyundai can afford to give the Creta with 1.6L engine below this price point.
Keep in mind this car is 4270mm car and not a sub 4M car. (No excise benefit) Where as the Jazz and Ecosport are both Sub 4M.
My Sources tell me that the base model Creta will be pitted against the Duster/Terrano but will offer more features, better drive and comfort.
The top end versions will battle against the XUV 500 and Storme.
So Yes I expect these prices.

Last edited by noopster : 13th July 2015 at 19:13. Reason: Typo. Exercise = Excise :)
Old 13th July 2015, 07:04   #363
BHPian

Quote:
For those who feel/think Creta will be priced similar to the Jazz/ecosport think again! Creta will come equipped with the following engine options1.6 litre petrol, 1.4 litre diesel and a 1.6 litre diesel engine. The Verna 1.6L Petrol starts at 8.90 Lakhs, I don't think Hyundai can afford to give the Creta with 1.6L engine below this price point.
Keep in mind this car is 4270mm car and not a sub 4M car. (No exercise benefit) Where as the Jazz and Ecosport are both Sub 4M.
My Sources tell me that the base model Creta will be pitted against the Duster/Terrano but will offer more features, better drive and comfort.
The top end versions will battle against the XUV 500 and Storme.
So Yes I expect these prices.
Well if these prices are indeed correct, then I am cancelling my booking. This is no 7 seater or an all wheel drive with exceptional handling capabilities. Yes, their fit, finish is good, but one cannot charge premium which cannot be justified. I have booked an AT, but for this price one can buy a Jazz AT and also have a Nissan AT for a lakh or two more.
Old 13th July 2015, 07:06   #364
BHPian

If Creta top end is competing with XUV in pricing, people will either settle for XUV itself or the ones who cannot stretch the budget that much will go with the likes of s-cross (assuming it will be priced competitively). Not sure Hyundai want to do it.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 08:23   #365
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta : Official Preview

The Verna SX(O) Automatic,4 speed retails for around 15.3 lakhs OTR in Bangalore. 7 years ago a topend C segment car could be had for around 8 lakhs.
So the price tag exceeding 16 lakhs shouldn't be surprising. Maybe we just need to get used to the auto companies moving the price barrier with every new launch. 2 years later when the facelift arrives, the Creta will be 20 lakhs OTR. Lol.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 13th July 2015 at 08:25.
Old 13th July 2015, 08:31   #366
BHPian

Quote:

Prices On Road Delhi -

Petrol
1.6 S 11.78
1.6 SX+ 13.72

Diesel
1.4 Base 11.79 L
1.4 S 12.99
1.4 S+ 14.15
1.6 SX 14.64
1.6 SX+ 16 .00
1.6 SX AT 17.10
1.6 SX (O) 17.15

Nope. These prices are way too high. If this is OTR delhi price, then it will be more than 18L in Mumbai/Bangalore. Hyundai will definitely not pit it against XUV500 and will go against duster/terrano and the topmost variant will be around 15L max for OTR delhi. This is a price sensitive market and if priced above duster will not garner much sales.

Also regarding the waiting period that all the dealers seem to be quoting, It looks to be artificially boosted to me as demand for a 15L car is not going to be as much as say a 8L car like the i20. Unless hyundai produces limited quantities, there should not be any shortage of stocks.
praveen_v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 08:31   #367
BHPian

Quote:

Prices On Road Delhi -

Petrol
1.6 S 11.78
1.6 SX+ 13.72

Diesel
1.4 Base 11.79 L
1.4 S 12.99
1.4 S+ 14.15
1.6 SX 14.64
1.6 SX+ 16 .00
1.6 SX AT 17.10
1.6 SX (O) 17.15

IMHO, the point is very simple.

Hyundai Creta can survive for 6-8 months in this price range with much lesser market share.

After the heavily localized next gen Innova is launched, it will annihiliate all 5 seaters in its price range, as simple as that.

But I believe Hyundai has done its home work well and has done good levels of localization to ensure that it doesn't come in price range of innova/xuv 500.

I am sure Hyundai will price like a "lambi race ka ghoda", like it usually does for its products.
raghav135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 09:29   #368
BHPian

Yesterday i had gone to the hyundai showroom in jabalpur after making a visit to the honda showroom to check out the new jazz. Will be posting my impressions in the honda jazz thread.

After taking a td of the honda jazz i wanted to check out the i20 once again even though i had taken a td earlier so that i could do a back to back comparison of both the vehicles.

Me and dad were checking out the i20 and lamenting the lack of space inside and out compared to the jazz (keep in mind that i'm 6'5" and dad's 6'3", not the average indian height definitely ). Then the lady showing us the vehicle said that hyundai is about to launch a new vehicle on the 21st and if we wanted we could check out the demo vehicle in their basement. I knew it must be the creta and we proceeded to the dingy basement to have a dekko.

Now we could just spend a short time with the vehicle which was the sx+ 1.6 diesel. I'll just share a few of my impressions :-

- This is a big vehicle, especially in white. Quite imposing in its stance and a proper butch SUV look. Be quite sure this is no diminutive ecosport. In fact i found it to be bigger than the duster in all dimensions though once the official numbers are out we will have a clearer picture.

- It is quite a looker with a big imposing grill, strong character lines, swept back headlamps with projectors, side and front claddings, sleek tail lamps and the floating roof ala swift.

- The real show starts once you get inside. Guys believe me the interiors are brilliant, luxurious and opulent even. It was a pleasure to sit inside this vehicle. Soft touch plastics, leather and double stitchings all lend to the feel of being in a vehicle two classes above.

- There is ample space inside for five people. I adjusted the driver's seat to accommodate my 6'5" frame and still my dad who is 6'3" could sit behind me in relative comfort, though with not much legroom to spare. Enough width for three to sit abreast in the back seat.

- Though we were not allowed to switch on the ignition we were permitted to access the avn system which was done by pressing the start stop button twice without engaging the clutch. The screen is capacitative with great touch feedback. Aeons ahead of the touch screen unit in the honda. The interface though still feels clunky.

- Enough boot space to swallow luggage for a week's getaway

- The launch is on the 21st following which we'll get the test drives. I'm looking forward to that.

- And now for the sad part. The price. Tentative price quoted to me was 13.7 on road for the 1.4 diesel S+ version (Madhya Pradesh). This seems in line with the latest price reveal on the forum which is a bit on the higher side. You do get a lot of car for the price but is it enough?
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 09:46   #369
BHPian

When Hyundai announced that they will shock market with pricing, expecting that the prices will be in range of Verna or Ecosport is no bummer. Knowing the family of the Vehicle Creta is, I believe (speculative) that the ex-showroom prices will / should be min 1lakh above similar specced Verna. I will be happy if that is what the case is.
NaveenKD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 09:59   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav135 View Post
After the heavily localized next gen Innova is launched, it will annihiliate all 5 seaters in its price range, as simple as that.

But I believe Hyundai has done its home work well and has done good levels of localization to ensure that it doesn't come in price range of innova/xuv 500.
Agree. Logically they should also be planning to slot in the stunning new Tucson in between the Creta and the Santa Fe. That way they will have the Creta (9 to 16), Tucson 17 to 25) and the Santa Fe (CBU, hence currently much too expensive at around 30-35).

The Tucson is a real looker! (http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...20-crdi-review)

Last edited by itwasntme : 13th July 2015 at 10:03. Reason: Adding URL
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 10:50   #371
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I hope the ex-showroom prices posted by RavenAvi prove to be correct (plus or minus ten to twenty thousand rupees for each variant).

One cannot expect Creta to compete with EcoSport on price. Barring the 1.5 Ti-VCT, EcoSport has the huge advantage of the "small car" excise slab.

Even the 1.5 Ti-VCT has an excise advantage thanks to its <= 1500 cc engine. This excise slab is also applicable to the 1.5 K9K diesel of the Duster-Terrano twins, but not applicable to the twins' 1.6 K4M petrol.

While the Creta is already ineligible for the "small car" excise slab thanks to its length, the 1.6 CRDi and 1.6 Gamma engines of the Creta put it at a further disadvantage because they exceed the 1500 cc mark. This disadvantage is also applicable to the 1.6 MJD of the S-Cross.

Which is why Hyundai are offering the 1.4 CRDi on the lower variants, as it does not have the excise disadvantage of the 1.6 litre engines. So one may wonder why not offer the 1.4 Gamma as well, in that case?

As much as a petrol-head like me would want to think otherwise, the reality is that this segment is primarily driven by diesel. Petrols contribute only a relatively small percentage of sales in this segment. With the vicious oil mafia bent on looting petrol users (the artificial price gap between petrol and diesel has been deliberately and diabolically made to rise continuously over the last four-five months), this segment may become even more diesel-centric in future.

If you leave out the sub-4m vehicles (EcoSport & upcoming YBA etc.) only the Duster-Terrano twins have a petrol option in this segment, and that too only in one or two lower variants. Even in future, I think Creta's 1.6 Gamma and Duster-Terrano twins' 1.6 K4M are likely to be the only petrol engines in this segment.

So it doesn't really make sense to offer two petrol engines on the Creta. I'm at least glad that Hyundai are offering one engine for petrol-heads.

So the whole point of offering the 1.4 CRDi is to keep the starting prices sensible for the diesel variants, preferably to price all variants with the 1.4 CRDi well within the one million rupee mark (ex-showroom), and to compete effectively against the S-Cross' 1.3 MJD and the 85 PS versions of the Duster & Terrano.

So I believe the 1.4 CRDi and 1.6 Gamma variants will be priced sensibly and reasonably. The higher variants with the 1.6 CRDi would be more expensive, perhaps starting at over the one million rupee mark.

In this way, they can cater to most potential buyers. 1.4 CRDi and 1.6 Gamma variants with value-for-money pricing, and loaded to the gills 1.6 CRDi variants priced above the one million rupee mark.

Last edited by RSR : 13th July 2015 at 10:53.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 10:51   #372
Senior - BHPian

Scoop! Hyundai Creta Brochure Leaked

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sending us this information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

The Creta is one highly anticipated launch from Hyundai, scheduled to hit showrooms soon. This car will be available in 6 trim variants - Base, S, S+, SX, SX+ and SX(O). It will be available with a choice of a 1.6 litre petrol motor producing 124 BHP @ 6,300 rpm and 151 Nm of torque at 4,200 rpm. This unit will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and will be available in the Base, S and SX+ trim variants.

There will be 2 diesel engine options - 1.4 litre and a 1.6 litre. The 1.4 litre produces 89 BHP and 220 Nm of torque. This will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and will be available in the SX, SX+ and SX(O) trim. The 1.6 litre diesel motor will be available only in the SX+ trim and will be mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox. It will produce 131 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 260 Nm @ 1900-2,750 rpm.

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_2727.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_2728.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_2730.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_2733.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_2731.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_2732.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_2734.jpg

Preview: Hyundai Creta-img_2729.jpg

Link to news article

Disclaimer: This version of the brochure is printed for dealers and it contains some printing errors.

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th July 2015 at 16:29.
S2!!! is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:09   #373
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Hyundai Creta Brochure Leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
There will be 2 diesel engine options - 1.4 litre and a 1.6 litre. The 1.4 litre produces 89 BHP and 220 Nm of torque. This will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and will be available in the SX, SX+ and SX(O) trim. The 1.6 litre diesel motor will be available only in the SX+ trim and will be mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox. It will produce 131 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 260 Nm @ 1900-2,750 rpm.
I was told that the 1.4 diesel will be available only in the base, S and S+ variants while the higher SX, SX+ and SX(O) are reserved for the 1.6 diesel.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:11   #374
BHPian

Brochure has incorrectly stated the same power figures for both the 1.4 and 1.6 diesels. So I think that 1.4 diesel on the SX(o) version might be wrong.
Whichcarnow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 11:14   #375
Senior - BHPian

Wow brilliant stuff from Hyundai. They have studied the market quite well.
The petrol seem to be available in all trims which is a good move given the current market conditions. 1.4 diesel available in all trims, and 1.6 only in AT avatar. The AT and Top variant 1.4 would cost same I guess. To me it looks like the Creta will be positioned below Verna.

The brochure has a mistake though,or I might be wrong. The power rating for 1.4 is listed as 133 PS, which I don't think is true. Also the cc for 1.4 is wrong. Looks to me either there is a printing mistake or the 1.4 wont be made available.

Last edited by PrideRed : 13th July 2015 at 11:18.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks