Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2015, 14:47   #1651
RSR
Senior - BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
Got my Red 1.6 SX CRDI home yesterday!
Congratulations, and wish you many, many happy miles of smiles and delight!

The red colour looks splendid! As posted on the previous page, the Creta is cut from the same cloth (metal in this case) as its elder brother Santa Fe - the same super-sharp looks, the same sense of sophisticated style, the same classy aura, the same jaw-dropping presence. It happens to be a looker in any colour.

Do post some photos of the SX variant's touch-screen music system that comes with a CD player and 1 GB on-board memory. Not many pictures of this system (found on the S & SX variants) is available online.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 17:03   #1652
BANNED

Saw 2 cretas on road today. Was wondering what is the wow looks for this car. The short bonnet makes this car an unproportionate one in side profile. The front is ok. The rear looks good though.
Old 17th August 2015, 10:54   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Premium? VW offers dual airbags as standard on all its variants and models. Hyundai which once had the lead in terms of first in segment safety features is now skmiping on them. For e.g. Elite I20 doesn't get 6 airbags or rear discs, the verna doesn't get rear discs. I guess they are learning from other manufacturers whereas other manufacturers are learning from Hyundai. For e.g. features in ciaz, standard driver airbag in ciaz, S cross and city from base variant. Even Toyota has made airbags standard on all its cars. Hyundai needs to get its game straight and start introducing the safety features again.
Good point that.Difficult to find a 10L plus vehicle today that misses out on airbags.Let's all collectively shame Hyundai till they shed their greediness and offer it as a standard feature in all their models.
thehighwayman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 20:56   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Saw 2 cretas on road today. Was wondering what is the wow looks for this car. The short bonnet makes this car an unproportionate one in side profile. The front is ok. The rear looks good though.
+1. Had first on road darshan of the car, front was ok, but the rear was looking bit gawky and out of the sync with the whole car. Rear bumper was too high and the vast expense of white metal below rear windscreen was looking totally blank. Somehow the car lacked the electric effect of ecosport when it was launched.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 18:02   #1655
j76
BHPian

Just got a call from my dealer with whom I had booked a Creta SX(O). Apparently another customer who was in the queue is not able to get his finances together is cancelling his booking. However the catch is that this booking has been invoiced to Hyundai with 50K worth of accessories and the dealer wants to push this through as well. He is also suggesting a 30K price hike from 1st Sep for Creta. Have any of you heard of this hike ?
Old 18th August 2015, 18:12   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
Just got a call from my dealer with whom I had booked a Creta SX(O). Apparently another customer who was in the queue is not able to get his finances together is cancelling his booking. However the catch is that this booking has been invoiced to Hyundai with 50K worth of accessories and the dealer wants to push this through as well. He is also suggesting a 30K price hike from 1st Sep for Creta. Have any of you heard of this hike ?
A tried and tested trick of dealers...The whole cancellation story may be made up. Making accessory purchase mandatory for fast delivery is an unfair practice, but widely followed by dealers when waiting list is long. A price hike within 2 months of launch ? Haven't heard anything of that sort yet.
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 19:45   #1657
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Hyundai dealers in Ahmedabad are having Creta customers buy 30k worth of accessories along with the car purchase.
Haha, you are right.

My colleague, and my other two friends just cancelled the booking of Creta 1.6 SX(O) for the very similar reason.

They wanted the S Cross 1.6L alpha but somehow decided to choose the Creta instead and now are disappointed. Dealers are trying to force the customer to go ahead with the Car + 30K worth accessory bundle = Only then delivery else walkway with the booking amount.

Now they have booked 2 S-Cross 1.6 Alpha and 1 Terrano.
Old 18th August 2015, 20:08   #1658
BHPian

Wow this is one trick that didn't work out for the dealers and kudos to your friends for standing up to them. I hope not only the dealership but the hyundai guys also read this and get the message. You can't fool everybody. The hyundai name is getting dragged into this and they must take action to protect their reputation. If mahindra / tata guys would have done something like this most would have criticized them saying Indian manufacturers and stuff. Hyundai are you listening.
vinitbhavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 20:33   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi99 View Post
Pissed with Maruti, I had the option to either bite the bullet and spend 16 on Scross or look at Creta; I had to choose fast since my Swift was due for major maintenance and i did not want to loose any money fixing it. So choice for me was relatively easy one.

I do not mind paying 70K for accessories because -
1. Mithila Hyundai was asking for premium of 1 Lakh for immediate delivery
2. The accessories offered are functional (Includes Leather Seat Covers, Steering Wheel Cover, Gear Leaver, Hand Brake & Door Handle). Also I am getting to change the colour of dashboard to black, which I like much better. Also included is a side step - which my folks would actively use.
3. I anyways had to get these done outside, doing it post delivery would have meant the car being away for fitting for another 2 days.
Admit it, you were armtwisted and all you are saying are nothing more than excuses. It is like old days when people had to pay (black) cash to get faster delivery of Bajaj Chetak or any car.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 20:37   #1660
BHPian

My experience too (regarding the accessory bundle) . 68k for useless stuff (in my opinion) which I refused. This is a scam!
Old 18th August 2015, 22:05   #1661
BHPian

Hi,
I need some help with accessories for my creta (whenever it finally comes - it's an AT booked much before launch). The dealer isnt pushing for any accessories, but I want some and am trying to figure out if it is better done on my own outside or at the dealer.
1. Stickering or painting roof black. Dealer recommends painting for 5k more than 3m stickering price. Any idea of painting makes sense? It seems a bit extreme compare to stickering.
2. Leather seats: dealer is offering to get it done by genous for 40k for 1mm thick leather. Admits its cheaper going to Genous directly.
3. Coating: dealer is offering 3 types - under body, Teflon and paint protect all together for 8k. Unsure of 3m quote and reading on the forum, Teflon may not really be needed.
4. Mats: dealer is offering 4d mats for 4k.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 18th August 2015, 23:00   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Haha, you are right.

My colleague, and my other two friends just cancelled the booking of Creta 1.6 SX(O) for the very similar reason.
Which Dealer Anurag? I received the quotation to pick up the SX(O) this week, which has no such demand.
Old 18th August 2015, 23:04   #1663
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaman View Post

Which Dealer Anurag? I received the quotation to pick up the SX(O) this week, which has no such demand.
One is in Hyderabad (Lakshmi) and the other two are in Bangalore.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th August 2015 at 23:06.
Old 19th August 2015, 00:21   #1664
BHPian

So after following and scraping through each and every comment in this post I finally went to take a test drive. And I came back with a big smile and that feeling of a kid who really wants that stuff. Let me see if this feeling stays longer before I take the plunge.

Drove 1.6 SX(O), coming from driving petrol cars it was pleasant surprise testing this car. Loved the way it pulled effortlessly, the smooth gear shifts and light clutch. Steering is much more weighted than our honda city (2010), I hate city for its absolute dead steering.
AC was chiller albeit a bit noisy at higher fan speeds. One of my biggest fears was the high positioned windows at rear, which may make you feel as if sitting in a bunker. But so happy to see that its not a bunker feeling. Am 176cm, I could easily lookout of window without drama. The recline of rear seats is very comfortable and leg room is surprisingly good. Can easily accommodate 3 passengers at rear, however the comfort for middle seat passenger is questionable. On a 7km test ride, my cousin sitting in the middle didnt complain.
Yes it is overpriced but not by a huge margin. The pinch is painful specially at the SX(O) variant. Atleast they could have given a panoramic sunroof.
formel_eins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 08:58   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
Hi,
I need some help with accessories for my creta (whenever it finally comes - it's an AT booked much before launch). The dealer isnt pushing for any accessories, but I want some and am trying to figure out if it is better done on my own outside or at the dealer.
1. Stickering or painting roof black. Dealer recommends painting for 5k more than 3m stickering price. Any idea of painting makes sense? It seems a bit extreme compare to stickering.
2. Leather seats: dealer is offering to get it done by genous for 40k for 1mm thick leather. Admits its cheaper going to Genous directly.
3. Coating: dealer is offering 3 types - under body, Teflon and paint protect all together for 8k. Unsure of 3m quote and reading on the forum, Teflon may not really be needed.
4. Mats: dealer is offering 4d mats for 4k.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Go for the 3M sticker. I would not suggest a repaint on a new car.
Bnm has a thread on Creata At and he has his Creta roof stickered. Read that thread for more details.

Teflon is a banned product?Thats what I think. You can do a paint sealant work at 3M later. Maybe a month or two into your ownership. Should cost around 6k.

Under chassis quoting at 3M cost around 5k and comes with the 5 year warranty.

3D mats are better. Or even nomad from 3M.

In my experience, I would never recommend you to get any of these exterior jobs at the dealer. It's always shoddy and just another money making racket.

I don't even let them wash my cars when it goes in for routine service.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks