Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2018, 10:54   #2251

re: Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Honestly I have seen the low fuel indicator only during day of delivery and never after that. The moment it reaches the last bar on the fuel gauge, I refill. I'll urge you not to do these tests as it'll ruin your cars fuel system (No offence sir!).

Once the low fuel indicator comes up, the pump will struggle to get fuel as it will be low level plus the agitation of fuel inside the tank, debris will be sucked by the fuel pump pushing it into the system and blocking your injectors too.
Thank you Mr. Anurag. Certainly your point is a very valid one. I did this 2 reasons; (1) To check how much distance my car can run after the Low Fuel Indicator started glowing and (2) Want to empty the fuel tank as much as possible (but not completely) and re-fuel. But as you said, the debris may be sucked and may result malfunction of injector and other components.
Thanks again.
RajaGs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 11:52   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaGs View Post
if anyone knows the exact (or at least to near) KM the vehicle can run after Low Fuel Indicator glows.
Would also highly advise against running your car on fumes!!

My car takes in 45-47L of petrol once the yellow light starts to glow. So you can estimate there is another ~8-10 L in the tank and in the pipes at that point. You can approximate how many kms you can run based on your average kmpl before you run dry!
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2018, 20:10   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaGs View Post
Hello BHPians,
I took risk of running the vehicle to test the same and observed that after 57KM, the last single horizontal bar in Fuel Indicator started blinking. I am not sure how much more i can drive with this horizontal bar blinking.
Thank you in advance.
I have the 1.6 CRDI Auto Creta, i happened to fill the tank when the Last bar started to Blink after about 10KM or so. It took 52L of Shell Diesel to fill her up.

What i noticed is the Fuel Low Indicator comes on when you have around 8L of Fuel left. With my Average of 11KM/L that is around 88KM before the tank is empty.
yajaman99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 17:04   #2254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Shrey25, did you manage get the insurance done?
I got the same insurance with a broker that my dad has been using for quite some time and I'll be getting the covernote in a day or two. I even got consumables , passenger cover as well as driver cover along with the zero dep policy.Even I was getting lesser premium insurance policies but they didn't have add-ons with them as well as it is difficult getting a claim with them and there are a lot of delays in the claim process so I opted to pay a 3-4k premium over the other policies.Hyundai is your best bet but I think that they also have tie ups with other private insurance companies so I don't think you would get a problem with them.I got my policy renewed with HDFC Ergo while hyundai was quoting way more for the policy with the same add-ons !

Last edited by ampere : 24th March 2018 at 19:29. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 21:23   #2255
BHPian

Got the rear reflectors replaced with the rear reflector Led lights that are available in the market and ordered the team bhp sticker set and used two of the stickers and I have to say that they do change the look of the rear for the better !
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_3387.jpg  

shrey25 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2018, 23:15   #2256
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrey25 View Post
Got the rear reflectors replaced with the rear reflector Led lights that are available in the market.
This is the best design I've liked in all the choices available in the market. I've got them on my Creta too.

Here's my ownership thread:

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX (O) - An Ownership Log

PS: How much did you pay for it?

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th March 2018 at 23:17.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 10:38   #2257
BHPian

Quote:
This is the best design I've liked in all the choices available in the market. I've got them on my Creta too.

Here's my ownership thread:

Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi SX (O) - An Ownership Log

PS: How much did you pay for it?
Sir, I have been following your ownership thread and planning my future modifications as well and I do have to say that your creta is a lucky one to have you as its owner and your attention to each and every detail is impressive.I'm going to change all the oem bulbs with the led ones like you have done in the near future.
I got the LED reflector lights installed for INR 2000 (including the labor charges) and I do have to say that they have a really good output and they are a boon when reversing your car at night where the roads are dimly lit.I'll post a picture for reference as soon as possible!
shrey25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 13:06   #2258
BHPian

I have the same in my black Creta. Paid 2200 with labour charges in Noida Sector 16 market.

Works in 2 stages.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171105_12313501.jpeg

Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-img_20171105_12324901.jpeg

I have also replaced the fog lamps with this. Direct plug and play.
Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)-26023860_10156061020204669_4891260193948604688_o.jpg
Nonstop-driver is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 12:18   #2259

Attachment 1746691[/quote]

How much you have paid for the Fog lamp replacement and from which shop in Sec 16 market in Noida. Thanks in advance
Old 30th March 2018, 12:36   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin26 View Post
How much you have paid for the Fog lamp replacement and from which shop in Sec 16 market in Noida. Thanks in advance[/quote]

Got those online. 2100 for the lamps and 200 for fitting.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd April 2018 at 10:05. Reason: removed dead link from quoted post
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 17:36   #2261
BHPian

My Creta SX+ (Diesel Auto) is due for insurance renewal in May, 2018. Got a call from Bajaj Allianz today for renewal. They are quoting Rs.30,404/- (includes 20% NCB, GST, driver cover, zero depreciation, 3rd party cover, key replacement, transport and toeing charges, hotel expenses and RSA (now sure what it means here)). IDV of the car is quoted at Rs.13,20,000/-. Does this sound right?
Old 30th March 2018, 18:04   #2262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
How much you have paid for the Fog lamp replacement and from which shop in Sec 16 market in Noida. Thanks in advance
Got those online. 2100 for the lamps and 200 for fitting.[/quote]

Do you have the link handy with you or share the website name. Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 19:01   #2263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
My Creta SX+ (Diesel Auto) is due for insurance renewal in May, 2018. Got a call from Bajaj Allianz today for renewal. They are quoting Rs.30,404/- (includes 20% NCB, GST, driver cover, zero depreciation, 3rd party cover, key replacement, transport and toeing charges, hotel expenses and RSA (now sure what it means here)). IDV of the car is quoted at Rs.13,20,000/-. Does this sound right?
It's a pretty good deal that you got from bajaj allianz , I just renewed my insurance from HDFC ergo and paid a premium of 5-6k over your amount so it is a pretty good deal. I guess thefts and accidents in the Delhi-NCR region maybe the reason for higher premiums.I too have a creta SX+ diesel auto which I got home in april 2017!
shrey25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 14:22   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin26 View Post
Got those online. 2100 for the lamps and 200 for fitting.

Do you have the link handy with you or share the website name. Thanks
I tried PMing you but it wasn't enabled. So sharing the link here - https://www.facebook.com/decibelsgurgaon/
Old 31st March 2018, 20:58   #2265
BHPian

Quote:
Honestly Once the low fuel indicator comes up, the pump will struggle to get fuel as it will be low level plus
Totally agree! I have got low fuel light coming on only once post my purchase SX1.6 CRDI/Auto & it has been ~1.5 years now, as I fill as the bar comes close to 1.

It is really pathetic that after paying a hefty price tag (which in my own estimate is around 1.5L more than it should be ex-show room), Hyundai does not give you a DTE readout

I also notice that the fuel indicator bar are erratic at times even when I am in sufficiently flat surface. There are times the gauge show less # of bars after few minutes of driving and then it comes up (as if it is generating fuel instead of consuming)
Gany is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks