Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2020, 20:25   #706
Team-BHP Support

Re: Needed Mods for the Thar 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
IMO the biggest shortcoming of the new Thar is space utilization and luggage space. So, there should be a big scope for products catering to storage solutions including provisions for a roof rack on the fiber top. Most likely, the big players would have already started designing the products in collaboration with M&M but there will definitely be market for innovative solutions from new players. All the best for venture.
I would put this vehicle more seriously in the reckoning if we could have some high quality aftermarket luggage solutions (thule like, secure).

I am just a little mindful of the fact that it is already pretty tall and should not present problems in some shorter parking spaces.
Old 12th October 2020, 22:11   #707
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar Review : First Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Am I buying it immediately - absolutely yes. Been promised a date November 1st week. Trouble is BLACK HT AT is quite possible the most demanded vehicle.

But then we all live once don't we. So why not. No brainer for me then. We shall see what happens.
Firstly many congratulations. I am envious for all non Bangaloreans who get the delivery earlier and also pay less. Here in Bangalore we end up paying so much and still deliveries will be delayed. I am still waiting for my delivery date confirmation. Have booked a Red Rage Diesel HT AT.

I agree, Black HT will be the most sought after Thar this time.

And yes I completely agree with you, you live only once.

Last edited by justwheels : 12th October 2020 at 22:13.
justwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 23:37   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Does it make sense as a family vehicle and is it practical - Nopes.

But then we all live once don't we. So why not. No brainer for me then. We shall see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Have booked a Red Rage.
And yes I completely agree with you, you live only once.
Congratulations on your booking boys !
Have you seen the red colour personally? How does it look? I mean it's the bright red or on the darker side? Need to decide between the black and the red, most probably would be the black
And yes add me to the list, you live only once

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 12th October 2020 at 23:45.
hareshjethwani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 23:44   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Have you seen the red colour personally? How does it look? I mean it's the bright red or on the darker side? Need to decide between the black and the red, most probably would be the black
Thanks mate. Haven't seen the Red one yet. None on display. But wife said, car by your choice, but color by hers, so no questions asked. I don't mind driving the Red Bull around, even if its a bold color.

As a fellow bhpian said, you only live once.
justwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 00:51   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
And yes add me to the list, you live only once
Saw both the colours personally with all the time in the world.

IMHO red is dull and appears reddish maroon when parked in shades. Black is bold and makes a statement. In-short for me black suits better than red on Thar.

Attaching reference images of both colours, hope it helps. I have booked the Black Diesel AT HT.

Mahindra Thar Review : First Drive-img_0398.jpg

Mahindra Thar Review : First Drive-img_0397.jpg

Mahindra Thar Review : First Drive-img_0360.jpg

Mahindra Thar Review : First Drive-img_0399.jpg
SportsMedicine is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 06:04   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Thanks mate. Haven't seen the Red one yet. None on display.
Go to Anant, Marathahalli. There is one in display since day 1. They haven't got a proper test drive car apparently.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 07:27   #712
Senior - BHPian

If you all remember the Brio in Red , then , the Thar is an identical red.

When I was at the AnantMotors showroom , their display was Red and the TD one was black. The red was super appealing , but when the Black strode in from the roads , it was a different sight and it appealed a lot more. So , I booked the black too ( despite struggling for 4 years to maintain a black safari back then )

I think this Thar will make me get out more , will make me dig deep to get me back to cleaning , polishing the car and in making this my primary stress buster drive. And I won’t complain if that’s the case. I already feel a decade younger during this wait time.
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 10:46   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
•Just like my 1997 Mahindra Classic, I decided to buy the 2020 Thar without a test-drive. Within the first km of driving it last weekend, I knew this is the Jeep for me.

•This Jeep just makes you feel real, real special.

•Two, Mahindra itself knows that this Jeep isn’t going to be a volume seller and will thus try to sell the limited number they can at a premium.

•But again, as basic as the ICE sound quality is, it is still fine for a Jeep & the sort of restrictions that the design entails.

•The 150 horses on tap are more than enough for a Jeep like the Thar.

•At times, its reaction time can be slow, but I actually prefer it this way in a Jeep that is a poor handler
May be a little late. May be this has been pointed out earlier by someone in this thread. But since it still remains uncorrected, I ask.

Isin't there something so politically, technically and ethically wrong about calling a Thar a 'JEEP'? More so in a forum like ours?
SCORPION is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 11:25   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
May be a little late. May be this has been pointed out earlier by someone in this thread. But since it still remains uncorrected, I ask.

Isin't there something so politically, technically and ethically wrong about calling a Thar a 'JEEP'? More so in a forum like ours?
"In lowercase, the term "jeep" continues to be used as a generic term for vehicles inspired by the Jeep that are suitable for use on rough terrain."

This is from the wikipedia Jeep Page. The reference for this line goes to a book called "Joy of Jeep"...
Taruns_Hah is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 11:56   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post

Erm.
Nope.

Not just for India, world over any bare bones open-top utilitarian off roader is called as jeep. That's what comes out of people's mouth.
In official print and media, ofcourse political correctness is needed. Point, Mahindra has never used the term jeep anywhere for Thar.

But for common folk. Nah, a Tempe Trax was a tempo jeep.
FJ40 and older models were Toyota jeep.
Filipinos have a whole thing called Jeepneys.
Even the most british brit wouldn't say, "Getin the lan rovah", they would say, "get inside the jeep". I meant the old Landrover series, not newer ones.

Even in old Bond movies, they would say jeep for even Soviet off-roaders.

Jeep maybe a trade name and other companies cannot use them, but doesn't stop people from using them in real world. Its too generic now.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 13:42   #716
BHPian

Waiting to test drive Petrol automatic to book mine in black. Can anyone please share a link where infotainment system has been reviewed. I use Apple car play extensively, hence looking for a specific review on the same.
Old 13th October 2020, 14:38   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
Waiting to test drive Petrol automatic to book mine in black. Can anyone please share a link where infotainment system has been reviewed. I use Apple car play extensively, hence looking for a specific review on the same.
Has any dealer in Delhi Ncr given you a specific date by when they will receive a petrol A/T td vehicle? Koncept has told me that they will only receive the Petrol Manual for Td and that also they are not aware by when!
Old 13th October 2020, 14:57   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
I have checked out the Apple CarPlay on the test drive car. It works pretty flawlessly. The screen looks pretty sharp and very responsive. It looks like M&M has used a good quality touchscreen on the unit, probably capacitive. In my 5 min of playing around with the HU, I could test all the basic navigation of CarPlay including navigation and also Siri. Siri could be triggered using the VR button on the Steering wheel. Short press would trigger native VR and long press would trigger if CarPlay is available.
hellraizer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 15:51   #719
BHPian

Has anyone on TBHP (or does anyone on TBHP know of - or heard from someone who has) test-driven any of the AX models?

Everyone and his brother seems to have only driven the LX in various trims, and everyone has an opinion about the suspension.

The reason I ask this is, in the video interview from Autocar featuring the Mahindra senior folks (Goenka? and that South-Indian guy - Velu?) they specifically mentioned that the AX had a differently (stiffer?) tuned suspension compared to the LX.

I am amazed that there has been not even a single mention of the AX anywhere - even from TBHP - from a test-drive perspective.

Even GTO who seems to have the good fortune of having multiple trims at home for long-term reviews does not seem to mention the AX - or did he talk about it and I missed it?

Cheers
Old 13th October 2020, 16:00   #720
udy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Siri could be triggered using the VR button on the Steering wheel. Short press would trigger native VR and long press would trigger if CarPlay is available.
This is why I love this forum. I don't think this value adding info is mentioned anywhere and not sure even if some of the sales guys would know this too. Thank you for trying out these and putting up the info here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks