BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
Very good and informative review.
Thanks for the good words.

Quote:
Same radar (behind VW logo) is used for Front Assist.
Yes, it seems like the radar unit is present in my car but I am positive the ACC is not. I re-read the manual. As it is generic in nature, it does detail the ACC function however the control units on the steering wheel and also the Digital Cockpit cluster do not have the ACC function listed. Here are a couple of pics:

The 'CNL' button you see here in the middle, is different for ACC units and is used to adjust the distance to be maintained with the vehicle upfront.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...106_175659.jpg

List of assist systems available in my car, no ACC mentioned there:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...114_180948.jpg

Quote:
As analog coolant temp is mentioned in the review. I would like to add:

The Analog Coolant temperature in the instrument cluster shows 90-degree centigrade temp after approx 2 Km ride (depends on ambient temp and whether cold start etc) but the oil temperature digital reading reaches 80-90 degree centigrade after 6-8 Km ride. Oil temperature does not show any reading if temp is below 50 degree centigrade. I usually get this 50 reading after 3 to 4 KM ride (outside temp 17-20).
I follow oil temp reading instead of analog coolant temp reading. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Per my understanding, there is nothing wrong in following both temperatures. Generally, the coolant temperature shoots up faster than the oil temperature. Oil takes more time to heat up. But once optimum temperatures have been reached, Oil temperature would be 10-15 degrees over the coolant temperature and it is normal. When you get your car serviced next, you can check with the SA about the optimum oil temperature in your car and you can make sure that it's not alarmingly higher than the recommended temperature.

Read this for some more details:
http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/...l-temperature/

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 21:21   #47
BANNED

Great car and a well written review buddy!

There is no doubt that Tiguan Allspace is a fantastic car and I would prefer it and its brother - The Kodiaq, over any ladder on frame car. I just love the looks of the new the Allspace, especially in the white color that you have opted.
Those black alloys look killer in contrast with the white paint shade. To be honest, I never knew that Tiguan Allspace came with beige interiors until I read your review.
Since it is a German and part of the VAG group, Its build quality is great plus it is loaded to the gills with features. Somehow, the Tiguan/Kodiaq have been underrated in India which isn't fair as these cars are very very good.

Once again, a very detailed review. I wish you many happy miles with your new car.
Thanks.

P.S. - This is my 100th Post
Tachyonites is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 21:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Superb review and superb car, Kalyan! There is just something about that understated elegance with these Germans. This, Sir, combined with the black wheels are truly beautiful. I love how every detail has it's own picture.
akash_v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 21:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Yes, it seems like the radar unit is present in my car but I am positive the ACC is not. I re-read the manual. As it is generic in nature, it does detail the ACC function however the control units on the steering wheel and also the Digital Cockpit cluster do not have the ACC function listed. Here are a couple of pics:
Oil temperature would be 10-15 degrees over the coolant temperature and it is normal. When you get your car serviced next, you can check with the SA about the optimum oil temperature in your car and you can make sure that it's not alarmingly higher than the recommended temperature.
As per this operating temp is usually 10-15 degrees Fahrenheit higher than coolant temp once operating temp is reached. 1.5 TSI engine Coolant temp is 90 celsius so operating oil temp should be around 95-100 celsius. I was also looking for exact range for oil temperature but could not find. Most of the literature says anything between 90 to 105 celsius is fine. Senior member may through some light on this.

I will ask SA about the same as tomorrow I ll be visiting workshop for 2nd service(7500 KM). I ll also ask him regarding extended warranty after 4 year and service package.

I took this screenshot from a video. It clearly mentions ACC. I think some hardware/steering wheel will be required to activate ACC.

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-9ee3c30bc9134ed382685f0428386568.jpeg
sagwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 23:21   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I took this screenshot from a video. It clearly mentions ACC. I think some hardware/steering wheel will be required to activate ACC.
Thanks

However, my car's settings don't have this option on the 'Driver Assistance' screen. So, it will be hardware(Steering controls) and software that both need to be upgraded assuming the radar provided is the one also used for the ACC.

--Kalyan
Old 5th December 2020, 07:07   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed reviews of cars that don't have an official review have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review will also be going here. Thank you so much for sharing .

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-screenshot-20201205-070158.png
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 09:24   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing review. Am surprised to find that VW officially states that the last row is meant only for folks below 5’3”. Everyone in our family is taller than that - guess the last row is only for kids under 11.

Am also stunned at the number of features packed into the Allspace. Counted several that were not there in my Superb. Certainly worth a look when I think about my next car. The only downer is the price and the fact that it is a CBU - in states like MH, registration charges for imports are 20%+.
Hayek is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 10:02   #53
BHPian

Congrats Kalyan, very detailed and amazing review. I really loved the attention to detail while clicking pictures, and good call on painting the alloys, those black alloy wheels look too good on the vehicle instead of original silver.
WhiteSierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 11:36   #54
BHPian

Congrats & wish you a happy ownership experience.

Excellent writeup, felt I was almost reading the official Team-Bhp review.

Black alloys are adding a certain character to the car.
kkunal.shah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2020, 16:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Amazing review.

guess the last row is only for kids under 11.

The only downer is the price and the fact that it is a CBU - in states like MH, registration charges for imports are 20%+.

It's true, the last row is only for kids due to both the headroom and the leg-space in offer.

You can wait for the Kodiaq which is due in the next quarter if news reports are to be believed. Since it would be assembled in India, the additional charges can be avoided.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 15:05   #56

So, I got them painted after-market in gloss black. It was a very economic proposition and while the quality is not top-notch, I think it will pass.
Attachment 2085964

Hello Sir! The alloys look great in black. May I know where did you get them painted and also the cost for painting each alloy?
charanreddy99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 23:24   #57
rpm
BHPian

The sheer amount of detail in this review is off the charts This is definitely a must read for anyone having Tiguan in their list of options. Stunning car (VW's timeless and understated designs are a treat to the eyes ), excellent photography and exemplary write up. Congrats on possession of this timeless beauty. I have no doubts that this car will age gracefully. Happy revving.
rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 22:11   #58

Quote:
Exterior:

The front of the car. Typical under-stated Volkswagen design language. Use of chrome on this car is a tad bit more than other Volkswagen cars, but nothing too flashy....
Amazing review Kalyan, Congratulations!

Could you share the details of black alloy work i,e store details and cost. Thanks in advance.
BlackHorse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 01:57   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy99 View Post
Hello Sir! The alloys look great in black. May I know where did you get them painted and also the cost for painting each alloy?
Thanks, Charan

Please address me as 'Kalyan'. About the alloy paint job, see below in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorse View Post
Amazing review Kalyan, Congratulations!

Could you share the details of black alloy work ie store details and cost. Thanks in advance.

Background: The primary intention of going to a store by name KForce, Madhapur (You will find the no on Google, talk to Mr Ramakrishna) was to get the Ceramic coating on the car done. The black painted alloys on his Pearl White Innova caught my eyes while I was there and I wanted to try that out on my car's alloys.

So, the paint job was carried out at a paint booth close-by, known to Mr Ramakrishna. I haven't been there myself. Apparently, the guy there works out of a premium car dealer's paint booth in the day-time and part-times at his own paint booth taking up jobs like this during the nights or during his week-off.

Cost: I paid ₹ 9k for all four alloys. At other stores I checked, I was quoted between ₹ 16k - ₹ 20k for four alloys. This was more of an experiment which turned-out okay. As mentioned in my initial review post, the paint job is good, not great. The minor blemishes aren't seen/ felt until you are up close and start rolling your fingers over.

--Kalyan

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 8th December 2020 at 02:03.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 11:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So, the paint job was carried out at a paint booth close-by, known to Mr Ramakrishna. I haven't been there myself. Apparently, the guy there works out of a premium car dealer's paint booth in the day-time and part-times at his own paint booth taking up jobs like this during the nights or during his week-off.
Is it a regular paint job or is it powder coating or anodizing kind? Regular paint job may be prone to scratches, peeling off etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks