Old 16th January 2021, 22:13   #106
BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Just checked in Delhi, the dealer is offering 3 year SVP
Sanjoym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 09:12   #107
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car Kalyan , This is like a official review thread, what a attention to detail on every aspect of the car with pictures full on and not to forget the videos too, rated a well deserved 5 stars. Wishing you many happy miles and memories ahead, wishing to cross our lines one day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Didn’t know that there is a Red colour offered in the Tiguan Allspace as well!

Attachment 2095471
Car looks outstanding in my all time favourite color
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 13:10   #108

Hello Everyone and specially Kalyan,

Let me join the "fits all" gang in thanking Kalyan for an excellent review, for me it is almost like a manual, lot of Google searches also bring to this review and thread.

I am new to Team BHP and recently took delivery of our SVU Hot Hatch in the unique Petroleum Blue colour, in Mumbai. Excited to get on with a week long voyage today.

Forum helped me get started with navigation on day one, even the dealer was surprised. But it seems VW has sent out a feeler to dealers that a formal solution will be provided in a month's time.

Sorry for the long list but just getting started, any help or suggestions on following points will be super helpful.

- Enable Voice Command
- Enable Multi colour ambient lighting
- How to use Tyre pressure monitoring as it does not show any value on how much is the pressure
- Enable Adaptive Cruise Control
- How to lock car with key in pocket, unlock is working with hand in handle
- How to always have current time on digital cockpit
- Wireless Android Auto
- How to improve reliability of Android Auto connection and "Ok Google" detection
- The sensors are too sensitive and keep beeping all the time in Mumbai traffic how to effectively use them or disabling is the best option? Can we just enable display without sound as a permanent setting.
- I think braking takes a while at speeds above 50-60, is it normal or I am missing something.
- How to keep wipers in service position to ensure they are not damaged while cleaning.
- Has anyone achieved better suspension experience with personalization drive settings, because low speed suspension response is quite stiff and most of the riding in city is at low speed.
SAK4SUV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 16:10   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK4SUV View Post
Hello Everyone and specially Kalyan,
Answers inset

- Enable Voice Command - your dealer can get this activated

- Enable Multi colour ambient lighting-
I think this has been discontinued
- How to use Tyre pressure monitoring as it does not show any value on how much is the pressure. The TPMS will only indicate against a set value in case of a variance, haven’t checked it yet, but that was what I was briefed during my Swagaat visit
- Enable Adaptive Cruise Control- this car has a speed limiter but not adaptive cruise, while the hardware would be there as it has emergency braking, not sure if it’s possible
- How to lock car with key in pocket, unlock is working with hand in handle - hold the door handle and pull to open or tap the sensor on the handle to close. In case of dirt the closure needs some coaxing.
- How to always have current time on digital cockpit - have seen this on the infotainment but yet to figure this out
- Wireless Android Auto- not used this, apple car play works but for maps the phone needs to be wired
- The sensors are too sensitive and keep beeping all the time in Mumbai traffic how to effectively use them or disabling is the best option? Can we just enable display without sound as a permanent setting. Not checked this
- I think braking takes a while at speeds above 50-60, is it normal or I am missing something. Not experienced anything significant.
- How to keep wipers in service position to ensure they are not damaged while cleaning. Kalyan had written about this in his review
- Has anyone achieved better suspension experience with personalization drive settings, because low speed suspension response is quite stiff and most of the riding in city is at low speed.-I think this is a only issue with the engineering of this car

Last edited by ajmat : 17th January 2021 at 17:18. Reason: Differentiated the answers
Sanjoym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 11:36   #110

Hello! Is there a special process to activate the Lane Assist feature?

I've tried a few times on the highway - with speeds at about 80 - 100kmph, clearly marked lanes etc, but I always get an error that the system could not be activated.
allspace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 12:16   #111
BHPian

Hi @SAK4SUV, welcome to the Allspace club and wish you loads of miles in your new car! Please see my responses below.

Quote:
I am new to Team BHP and recently took delivery of our SVU Hot Hatch in the unique Petroleum Blue colour, in Mumbai. Excited to get on with a week long voyage today.

- Enable Voice Command --> This requires an activation code and needs to be done by the dealer. Ideally it should have been done prior to delivery.
- Enable Multi colour ambient lighting --> This is not available and typically comes only in R-Line. We can get it done through VCDS coding.
- How to use Tyre pressure monitoring as it does not show any value on how much is the pressure --> This is a bit confusing and only shows up when a particular tyre pressure drops below the SET value.
- Enable Adaptive Cruise Control --> The radar is available but we dont have the control in the steering buttons. You can order accessories for the steering controls and retrofit if you are interested. @Kalyan and other bhp'ian are already exploring this.
- How to lock car with key in pocket, unlock is working with hand in handle --> Just touch the outside of the handle where you would normally insert the key for regular cars and it should work. Long pressing also rolls up all windows and sunroof. Very nice feature!
- How to always have current time on digital cockpit --> Havent explored this yet.
- Wireless Android Auto --> You might need some dongle as as additional accessory for wireless android auto. Check youtube and update here if you find more information.
- How to improve reliability of Android Auto connection and "Ok Google" detection --> Wired android auto should work fine. Haven't heard of any issues.
- The sensors are too sensitive and keep beeping all the time in Mumbai traffic how to effectively use them or disabling is the best option? Can we just enable display without sound as a permanent setting. --> You can disable the sensors or reduce the volume in the settings but its come handy in other situations. So you might not want to disable this permanently.
- I think braking takes a while at speeds above 50-60, is it normal or I am missing something. --> This car has excellent brakes and I havent heard anyone complain so far on this front. If you feel there is some issue, get this checked during the first swagat checkup.
- How to keep wipers in service position to ensure they are not damaged while cleaning. --> After switching off, gently press the wiper handle down just once and it puts it in the service position.
- Has anyone achieved better suspension experience with personalization drive settings, because low speed suspension response is quite stiff and most of the riding in city is at low speed. --> Check your tyre pressure. Some of us realized that the dealers actually deliver the car with the pressure set to about 45 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allspace View Post

I've tried a few times on the highway - with speeds at about 80 - 100kmph, clearly marked lanes etc, but I always get an error that the system could not be activated.
Check if you have disabled this in the Settings menu. If you are unable to get this sorted out, take it to the dealer or one of the other bhp'iansd here in Hyd can help to take a look.
mustangvins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 14:42   #112

Which dealership are you speaking to?
Old 22nd January 2021, 22:08   #113
bvk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allspace View Post

I tested it in ORR and it worked. If we waver without using signal, the steering becomes a bit hard and doesn't turn easily - we can feel it. If we use the signal and change lane, it doesn't become hard.

As mustangvins suggested above, both in in infotainment screen and in instrument cluster you can find a menu item Driver Assist Systems - enabling or disabling of lane keep assist option is under that menu.
bvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 04:40   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the long list but just getting started, any help or suggestions on following points will be super helpful.
Congratulations SAK4SUV for the new ride! Comments within quoted message.

- Enable Adaptive Cruise Control - Not available in the cars that came here.
- How to lock car with key in pocket, unlock is working with hand in handle - Simply press on the tiny groove on the handle. Ensure you do not hold the handle while doing this. I used to initially make this mistake inadvertently and wondered why it wasn't locking .

- The sensors are too sensitive and keep beeping all the time in Mumbai traffic how to effectively use them or disabling is the best option? Can we just enable display without sound as a permanent setting. - Another way I found to do this. The display pops up during the warnings, you can find two tiny icons on the right side bottom of this pop up. Press the mute icon to have just the visual warning alone. Obviously the audible warning is useful at many other places. You can quickly enable this by pressing the button again, in the pop-up the next time, when you feel the need to have this back on.

- I think braking takes a while at speeds above 50-60, is it normal or I am missing something. - Not sure if this is normal. The car has excellent braking as far I have experienced, albeit very limited usage done. I haven't yet found anything amiss with braking. I will check this as well and report.

- Has anyone achieved better suspension experience with personalization drive settings, because low speed suspension response is quite stiff and most of the riding in city is at low speed. - One of the known gripes. Low speeds on bad roads, with smaller potholes and undulations we can feel the stiffness. However on slightly higher speeds, it does seem tad better at times. I did try this on an available "main road" with ample testing opportunities
And, I also feel Tyre pressure needs to be checked- even on mine

Good luck, happy, and safe driving!

Note from Support: Please do not enter replies within quotes. Thank you!

Last edited by aah78 : 27th January 2021 at 04:56. Reason: Post edited.
Jred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 18:45   #115
BHPian

Quote:
- Enable Voice Command
- How to use Tyre pressure monitoring as it does not show any value on how much is the pressure
- Enable Adaptive Cruise Control
- Wireless Android Auto
- I think braking takes a while at speeds above 50-60, is it normal or I am missing something.
- Has anyone achieved better suspension experience with personalization drive settings, because low speed suspension response is quite stiff and most of the riding in city is at low speed.
Hi! I'm a owner of a Diesel Tiguan but I think I can help answer a few queries as well. Voice Command needs to be Activated with an Activation Key and I've documented it here. (Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review)
Tyre Pressure Monitoring is the Direct TPMS and displays value of the Tyre Pressure in each tyre at both the Cluster and the Infotainment Screen.
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-img_20200926_183929.jpg
I am working on enabling the Adaptive Cruise Control and will share a thread on it shortly. The process is a little simpler on the AllSpace as it has the hardware, while the Diesel Tiguan's did not come with the necessary hardware. Wireless CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto are currently not supported on the existing MIB Infotainment System. You can retrofit MIB 3 in the near future and avail these features. This system has featured in the Skoda Superb 2021. The suspension is on the firmer side and might feel really harsh. Setting the TPMS to Comfort and Maintaining lower pressures seems to work better for me. Hope this helps.
fluidicjoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 11:52   #116
bvk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Tyre Pressure Monitoring is the Direct TPMS and displays value of the Tyre Pressure in each tyre at both the Cluster and the Infotainment Screen.
Hmm could not find this option in the AllSpace. May be individual tyre pressure display is only in Tiguan and not there in AllSpace? I asked the sales adviser and he was clueless. It would have been nice to have that display in Allspace.
bvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 12:16   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvk View Post
Hmm could not find this option in the AllSpace. May be individual tyre pressure display is only in Tiguan and not there in AllSpace? I asked the sales adviser and he was clueless. It would have been nice to have that display in Allspace.
You're absolutely right sir. Looks like Volkswagen have omitted Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring system on this car as I could only see the Tyre Pressure Loss screen on a Test Drive vehicle . This is seriously ridiculous considering it is a very useful feature I like on the Diesel car. On the flip side, these sensors can be easily retrofitted and I can help if you wish to do this installation.
fluidicjoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 23:49   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cos.sec View Post
Which dealership are you speaking to?
Sir

Who is this question for? I have taken the car in Hyderabad and not Bangalore. I purchased it via Mody Volkswagen.

--Kalyan
Old 27th January 2021, 02:22   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Who is this question for? I have taken the car in Hyderabad and not Bangalore. I purchased it via Mody Volkswagen.
Was quoting Sridhar, Kalyan sir.

Last edited by aah78 : 27th January 2021 at 04:57. Reason: Quote trimmed. Fixed.
cos.sec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 23:00   #120
bvk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
these sensors can be easily retrofitted and I can help if you wish to do this installation.
Thank you - i am just concerned if it impacts any warranty? I will be really curious to know what it takes to add this.. your inputs/steps in getting it done will be helpful in taking a final call to do or not to do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks