Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2021, 17:04   #256
BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futhead View Post
Hi Kalyan

You’re right about XP95. Even I myself experienced much refinement and better FE on my Troc. I guess you’re staying nearby LB Nagar. May I know from where are you getting xp95 refilled for your AllSpace in this area. I had to drive 15 odd kms to get XP95 from COCO bunk. But I’m unsure to what extent we can trust local dealers.
Hi

I stay at Gachibowli. I get the XP95 fuel from the COCO bunk opp TCS or the new one near Q City at the Financial District.

You are right, we can't just trust anyone esp when it comes to XP95 fuel so I'm getting XP95 only when I can from the two bunks mentioned above. Else on the highway, it's regular petrol. There are a few bunks where I saw XP95 being available like say at Bijapur in Karnataka but I didn't want to risk it.

--Kalyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanbabu View Post
I thought this was not enabled in India? (60+ feature on Highway is enabled, but pedestrian one "Traffic Jam assist" is not) or am I wrong here?

Something really bad happened to my car. I was driving in woods (absolute no civilisation for 20km radius). Can anybody explain what it was?
Front Assist with Traffic Jam assist is indeed enabled in our cars. It doesn't work accurate all the time thougj due to the traffic here.

I'm guessing what some others mentioned is true about something like a pebble getting stuck in between the wheel and the brakes. In such situations, please be calm and do check on whatever you can. Driving ahead with the issue may end up causing deeper issue(s).

--Kalyan
Old 19th October 2021, 18:38   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Front Assist with Traffic Jam assist is indeed enabled in our cars. It doesn't work accurate all the time thougj due to the traffic here.
--Kalyan
Almost sure that *Traffic jam assist* is not there, because it is equivalent to an adaptive cruise control, it keeps lane and follows the car in front of us *handsfree*. Are you sure you meant that feature?
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-screenshot-20211019-5.05.30-pm.png

Quote:
I'm guessing what some others mentioned is true about something like a pebble getting stuck in between the wheel and the brakes. In such situations, please be calm and do check on whatever you can. Driving ahead with the issue may end up causing deeper issue(s).

--Kalyan
In the hindsight, yes. I should have kept calm and deduced it. But with kids and night in woods, probably lizard brain kicked in. To my luck, I did a fast reverse (by chance). The thing I pondered ever since is, *if* I ever end up in such a situation in future, what is the playbook. At that point I took a chance on getting home safely over protecting my car (albeit with heavy heart).

Someone mentioned the Whatsapp group for Allspace owners, that would have helped me. If there is one, please add me
Old 22nd October 2021, 00:25   #258
BHPian

I returned after a 5 day 2100 km drive. FE as expected in normal drive mode and high speeds at times could only manage 10.3 Kmpl.
After entering Delhi last evening, I switched off at a traffic light. On turning on I got a voice message saying SOS contact customer care immediately. This was followed by an alert on the dash and blinking of the SOS button next to the sunroof screen. I pressed the SOS button, the voice command said retrying a few times but could not connect. The only option was to press the button again and cancel.
The alert also went off on cancelling. Will take it to the service station on Saturday.
Anybody experienced anything like this?
PS- the auto braking works in reverse mode too. While I was reversing at Jaisalmer, two fighting bulls literally came from nowhere and the car braked with the crash sign coming up on the display.
Attached Thumbnails
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-284dec24fca14d9392ce16bf3c2d252c.jpeg  

Sanjoym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 02:48   #259
BHPian

Adding the pic of the dash for red… see the sos sign and the exclamation on extreme left
Attached Thumbnails
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-9f33a0c215e648daae443241e755c310.jpeg  

Old 26th October 2021, 10:49   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
Adding the pic of the dash for red… see the sos sign and the exclamation on extreme left
Sanjoy

This is quite common in all Allspaces and TRocs. In the new TRoc I am told they have disabled this panel and hence no warnings anymore.

The crux of the issue is that our car comes with an embedded SIM that could have been activated in Europe as the car was intended to be sold in Europe. But, VW does not have a partner in India for the same. So, once in a while, the system checks for the connectivity and sends this SOS warning that the SOS is not set up properly.

I complained about this in the beginning in Nov last year and they replaced a Control module in my car under warranty (It takes 3-4 months for the part o arrive from Germany). Post the replacement, initially, the error went away for like 6 months but it has started to recur now, but less frequently than before.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 10:28   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitaramnaik13 View Post
Hi All,

I have noticed a problem with my Tiguan Allspace. If I wash my car and thereafter if it sits in the garage for more than 2 days there is a abnormal thudding sound coming from the rear wheels while braking, more the braking more is the sound. After driving the car for few kms, this sound wanes off and thereafter it disappears. I have uploaded the video of this problem on YouTube, please find the link below

https://Youtu.be/GIOjWRz6KgM

I had taken it to the dealer but when I drive it to the dealer the sound disappears, as its occurrence is only for few kms after it is out of the garage, the dealer informed me that there are no fault codes and he has inspected the brakes pads. After receiving the car from the dealer the problem was still there. It will be interesting to know if any of our Allspace owners had this issue. Also will appreciate if anybody can help me to figure out the issue.

Thanks
Update: After showing this video to VW Service Center, their service team came to my home where I had kept my Tiguan parked for 3 days after washing. They checked the noise and captured few videos for VW experts. After a week they concluded that the noise is due to the brake pads and agreed to replace Rear Brake pads under warranty. Also the service engineer has suggested not to engage hand brakes while parking, his experience is not engaging hand brake helps brake pads to last longer. They have also replaced front wipers and fuel lid cover under warranty. Had some issue with rear speakers, issue was resolved after a software update.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th October 2021 at 11:46. Reason: Giving break a brake. Thanks.
Old 28th October 2021, 00:16   #262
R_R
BHPian

Will be good to hear if the issue has disappeared after the brake pad change. I get that sound from my Grand Vitara too, if it has been parked for many days. I assumed it was just the tires getting slightly misshapen due to standing in one place for many days; the sound usually disappears very quickly, in under a kilometer. I never bothered with it because it always went away quickly. I can understand it may be a concern in a new car, but curious about whether the issue is now resolved. Not sure if it really is a brake pad issue, but would be good to know!
Old 29th October 2021, 11:21   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitaramnaik13 View Post
Also the service engineer has suggested not to engage hand brakes while parking, his experience is not engaging hand brake helps brake pads to last longer. They have also replaced front wipers and fuel lid cover under warranty. Had some issue with rear speakers, issue was resolved after a software update.
Hi Sitaram

Glad to know that the Service folks responded and have given a resolution.

I am wondering how can one park the car without engaging the park brake. The moment you slot the Gear rod to P and open the drive side door, the Electronic park brake engages automatically in our cars.

Also, I would like to know why the fuel lid was replaced, what was the issue with that?

--Kalyan
Old 1st November 2021, 12:44   #264

Quote:
Hi Sitaram

Glad to know that the Service folks responded and have given a resolution.

I am wondering how can one park the car without engaging the park brake. The moment you slot the Gear rod to P and open the drive side door, the Electronic park brake engages automatically in our cars.

Also, I would like to know why the fuel lid was replaced, what was the issue with that?

--Kalyan
Hi Kalyan,

It is possible not to engage the electronic brake, for that you have to put the car in parking mode, lift your leg from the brake pedal and then stop the engine. If you stop the engine while pressing the brake pedals it automatically engages the electronic brakes.

The fuel lid was getting stuck while opening and once open was not closing with a push. Service advisor informed me some problem with the actuator.
sitaramnaik13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 13:00   #265
BHPian

Quote:

--Kalyan
At least on our Diesel Tiguan, I can slot the the car in park and can have the EPB released when I open the driver door and lock the car as well. Would have loved to take a video of this and share, but I don't have access to the car now. To the best of my memory, I would depress the brake pedal and press down on the EPB knob, and the EPB would be released even when the car was not running.

We did this religiously in the first COVID lockdown last year when I found that the rear brakes were feeling jammed and needed a few hard stops to work correctly. After that, we never had trouble.

As for the fuel lid actuator issue, quite a few fuel lid actuators have this issue. I've fixed this on 3 known Tiguans and all of them were back to business after a small greasing job.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4921729 (Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review)

The dealer was happy to replace the actuator but the actuator had not failed, but was merely badly lubricated, leading to a lid that wouldn't close and wouldn't pop open, even when the electronic actuator was doing just fine.
fluidicjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 09:56   #266
bvk
BHPian

We were taught to always engage the parking brake when we slot the level to P mode (I learnt driving in the US directly on automatic cars and drove only automatic cars). Have things changed in the last 21 years or is there a difference between manual parking brake and EPB? Is it a good practice not to engage parking brake when we park the car?
Old 9th November 2021, 22:30   #267
BHPian

I lost a tyre in a futile attempt at some rock climbing. The side walls of the soft rubber gave in to a tear rendering it useless. I had clocked just 7k. So Hankook users should be careful on the rough.

I could not trust the space saver and at the the nearest outlet what we got was Pirelli Scorpion Verde at 18.5 k. Just thought of sharing the experience in the group.
Sanjoym is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 20:25   #268
BHPian

Hi,
I replaced my tyres with Pirelli at 27800 KMS. They are much better than the stock ones.
Old 16th November 2021, 18:55   #269
BHPian

Usually, I don't have enough time to read a lengthy review. But, you really nailed it in writing the review and I can say, this is one of the best car reviews I've ever read.

And, your Tiguan Allspace review has become a bible for future owners as well as for present owners.

I might be bit late to the party, but, anyway, you got one of the best cars within 40L of budget, Kalyan garu!

Regards,
Abhinav

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 16th November 2021 at 18:56.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 15:25   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr ST View Post
Hi,
I replaced my tyres with Pirelli at 27800 KMS. They are much better than the stock ones.
Great to know. Can you please let us know more on the Type/ Variant of the tyres, whether you upsized or stuck to the original specification and how much were the damages to your pocket? Also, it would be good to know the reason for the change this soon.

--Kalyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
But, you really nailed it in writing the review and I can say, this is one of the best car reviews I've ever read.
Regards,
Abhinav
Many thanks for the good words, Abhinav.

I have a few updates that I was not finding time to post esp regarding some visual updates on the car that I got done. Will try and post those in a week-10 days time.

--Kalyan

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th November 2021 at 15:53. Reason: Minor typo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks