Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2022, 21:25   #301
BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Got inspired by this post to download the new version and follow the steps you indicated. Quick question, does the system have a built in storage to which the map data gets transferred or do you have to keep the map SD card in the car to be able to use the maps?
The maps need to be downloaded to the SD card. It doesn't work otherwise and you have to use only the SD provided by VW at the time of purchase. Refer to the steps outlined that Kalyan has already outlined in post#72. Just make sure you are downloading the latest map version.

If you have never used the inbuilt maps before, it will definitely bring a smile when you get to use it and increases the value and premium quotient of this car further.
mustangvins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 21:41   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Got inspired by this post to download the new version and follow the steps you indicated. Quick question, does the system have a built in storage to which the map data gets transferred or do you have to keep the map SD card in the car to be able to use the maps?
Hi Sir,

Just like Vinod mentioned in the post above, the Maps SD card needs to be in one of the two slots made available at all times for the in-built Navigation app to read it. There is no inbuilt memory to which this data can be imported.

--Kalyan
(PS: The India maps data also contains maps for Chile, with country code 28, that folder can be safely deleted from the downloaded archive.)
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 22:01   #303
VND
BHPian

Even I had to change the battery of my regular key fob at 7000 kms / 9 months. It costed around Rs. 350/- and my SA sent someone at my place to do it.

I do feel such fast battery drain is because of the advanced KESSY system. I have other VAG cars without KESSY and in that I didn't need to change the battery before 8-9 years.

Even the battery is made in Germany
VND is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 19:16   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnvaa View Post
1. Lots of folks (me included) have been having the tripmeter reset on its own over few days / weeks. Are you facing this too? Any fix for this?
Never had this issue. That sounds terrible! In fact I haven't paid close attention to this, I generally scroll through current trip/ since refueling / long term stats often, never spotted any anomalies there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnvaa View Post
2. Ref TPMS - I’ve set TPMS but somehow it keeps showing the same screen. How does one know that TPMS is set properly? Not sure if this is an issue or expected behaviour.
The stock TPMS does not show the "pressure" values, it lets you record a reference pressure (maybe after filling air), and if there is a drop in pressure in any (or more) tyres, it will alert you. I had gotten this alert once, but when I checked at a pump, all tyres were fine. The "Upgrade" I did was switching this to the ones where it shows individual tyre pressures. (Ironically, the older 5 seater Tiguan has this). What I couldn't figure out was, when I removed the original valve, it didn't have any sensors on it, so I am curious to know how it was detecting drop in pressures.
Old 7th February 2022, 23:22   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanbabu View Post
What I couldn't figure out was, when I removed the original valve, it didn't have any sensors on it, so I am curious to know how it was detecting drop in pressures.
The AllSpace and few other VAG cars use Indirect TPMS or a Flat Tyre Monitoring System, which uses the ABS Module and Wheel Speed reference to predict a potential pressure loss in the tyre. This is why your car could detect or alert you about a drop on your previous rubber valve stems, before you upgraded to Direct TPMS.
fluidicjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 20:26   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
2 Backup the default "maps" folder from VW SD card to your system
I tried to update the map (actually make the map work for India) on my Tiguan Allspace but ended up deleting the original folders from the SD card. Is there a way to restore it? Along with the India specific folder, I also copied world map with the EEC folder again but I get an error message saying the data is invalid.
Google drive link you had provided also doesn't work any more.
Old 26th June 2022, 16:36   #307
BHPian

Anybody had to top up the gas in 1.5 years? My car went for washing and cleaning and the service centre says that the car needs a AC gas top-up that costs 6k.
Old 26th June 2022, 19:50   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
Anybody had to top up the gas in 1.5 years? My car went for washing and cleaning and the service centre says that the car needs a AC gas top-up that costs 6k.
Topping up the refrigerant this early probably hints at a leak somewhere in the system. But a top up at 6k is exorbitant! Get it done from outside at a garage that deals with car ACa. It’s a simple process.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 15:02   #309
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Our Tiguan Allspace has completed 50000 kilometres. The engine is as good as new. I will try to pen down my observations within some days. I thank this wonderful community for its involvement and support.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-285a55c633f0432fb96c9d9dd27f5a53.jpeg  

Dr ST is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 18:22   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Kalyan
Hi Kalyan, hope all well?

How is your magnificent beast running?
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 18:31   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Kalyan, hope all well?

How is your magnificent beast running?
All well, Sir. Thanks for asking.

The car's been fabulous. I have clocked about 35k km on it already and finished two full services. I have been mighty pleased with VW service centres thus far.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 21:17   #312
BHPian

Any suggestions where I can source a cover for the car?
Old 30th January 2023, 15:54   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
Any suggestions where I can source a cover for the car?
Late reply I guess. But you can get a cover from a VW showroom. I got the cover as part of the deal when I purchased the car.
Old 5th February 2023, 13:40   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaby View Post
Late reply I guess. But you can get a cover from a VW showroom. I got the cover as part of the deal when I purchased the car.
Thanks DJABY: I got a good one from a local manufacturer in Delhi.. it’s been doing good in the last 3 months.
Old 28th May 2023, 13:17   #315
BHPian

Hi everyone,
Out Tiguan Allspace completed 60,000 Kilometres of its journey. It has been a pleasure to own it. Tiggy has been reliable as of now. Thank you team bhp for the support.
Regards
Attached Thumbnails
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-img_2144.jpeg  

Dr ST is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks