Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2021, 20:27   #271
BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Hi Kalyan,
I replaced it with Pirelli Scorpion Verde 235/55/R18, similar to the stock Hankook. The tires were making too much noise past 22000 kilometers. It seems they get hard in our hot climate and becomes noisier. I did not get Micheline in Kochi. The cost was Rs 80000 including wheel alignment charges. I know it is costly but can't help it. It was done in an authorized service center in Kochi. If anyone has replaced Hankook with Micheline, please let us know about the experience. Tiguan drives much better after the replacement of tires and the uncomfortable noise is not there now.

Thanks and regards
Dr. ST
Dr ST is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 22:12   #272
BHPian

Hi All,
Some of you would have done the renewal of own damage insurance. Wanted your advice what inclusions to take and what are indicative charges and from which provider.
Thanks in anticipation!!
Old 25th November 2021, 11:42   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
Hi All,
Some of you would have done the renewal of own damage insurance. Wanted your advice what inclusions to take and what are indicative charges and from which provider.
Thanks in anticipation!!
Hi Sanjoy

I renewed my car insurance OD part last month. I have a 50% NCB that I got transferred to my car last year itself.

Following are the add-ons that I strongly recommend:

1. Zero dep/ Nil dep cover
2. Engine/ Gearbox protect
3. Return to Invoice
4. Consumables
5. Tyre/ Rim Protect (optional)

I paid roughly around 26k for all of the above via National Insurance. I recommend renewing with any private provider to avoid any delays or hassles in case of a claim.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 19:52   #274
R_R
BHPian

A question for all Tiggy owners here: Is it possible to fit a regular-sized tire into the space for the spare tire? Hoping someone here has tried it. Or is the spare tire well too small, considering Tiguan comes with a smaller diameter spare rather than a full-sized one?
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 06:48   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Is it possible to fit a regular-sized tire into the space for the spare tire? Hoping someone here has tried it.
Hi

I have considered that option. While i haven't been literally able to try and fit a full sized spare into the wheel well, I did take measurements with a tape and judged that it won't fit with the last row seats in fully folded position. If the last row seats are raised up, like when we need to take the spare wheel out, there's technically a feasibility but I'm not sure how that'll help with the luggage et al. So, even if it fits that may not be most convenient.

I've been using the car as a 5 seater one since the beginning. And the plan is to eventually get the last row seats removed and upsize the space saver spare to a full sized one.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 13:36   #276
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi

I have considered that option. While i haven't been literally able to try and fit a full sized spare into the wheel well, I did take measurements with a tape and judged that it won't fit with the last row seats in fully folded position.

--Kalyan
I just checked the online Tiguan manual (don't know if it's for the current Tiguan model, but assume it must be), and it says the regular tires won't fit into the spare tire well. That's a shame! They could have at least made the wheel-well large enough, in case owners wish to upgrade to full-size from the space-saver it comes from. But it'll be interesting to see how your experiment proceeds. Also, since yours is an AllSpace, I suppose there'll be enough space in the back, once you remove the third row, to simply carry an extra regular-sized tire. That may be more of a problem in the 5-seaters, which have less luggage space.

Link to the online manual: http://www.vwtiguan.org/376/compact_spare_wheel.html
Old 27th November 2021, 14:03   #277

Need a help from in Hyderabad. I drove to hyd few days back and found a crack on the dash today morning. Now unsure if I should repair it here or drive back to bangalore to do it there. Which service center is good in hyd? Any contact I can use ? Kalyan or anyone else ?
Old 27th November 2021, 22:32   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravu View Post
Need a help from in Hyderabad. I drove to hyd few days back and found a crack on the dash today morning. Now unsure if I should repair it here or drive back to bangalore to do it there. Which service center is good in hyd? Any contact I can use ? Kalyan or anyone else ?
Hi

I recommend going to VW service center run by PPS Motors in a place called Khajaguda. Unless it's too far away from where you are.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/5bKWHidRfuLfUNfh8
You can reachout to Mr Moorthy at
083741 11664

I'm not sure how big the said damage is and/ or how long it may take. But, it may be worthwhile to be able to visit the service center and figure out.

--Kalyan

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 27th November 2021 at 22:33.
Old 28th November 2021, 01:32   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Following are the add-ons that I strongly recommend:
1. Zero dep/ Nil dep cover
2. Engine/ Gearbox protect
3. Return to Invoice
4. Consumables
5. Tyre/ Rim Protect (optional)
Thanks Kalyan. What is the IDV for year 2 ?

Last edited by ampere : 28th November 2021 at 06:15.
Old 28th November 2021, 11:43   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
Thanks Kalyan. What is the IDV for year 2 ?
These days it's a range that one can select from. For my policy it's set at 26.5 L.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 16:56   #281
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I have considered that option. While i haven't been literally able to try and fit a full sized spare into the wheel well, I did take measurements with a tape and judged that it won't fit with the last row seats in fully folded position.

--Kalyan
Another option, I understand (perusing the VW discussion groups, cause I am obsessed!!) is to entirely remove the tray that holds the spare wheel, which apparently frees up plenty of room. The only doubt I have is that those related 2017 Tiguans, not sure if it applies to the post-2018 Tiguans. Though I suppose it may be applicable. I look forward to hearing about your experiments.
R_R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 12:07   #282
VND
BHPian

Hello,

What's the regular tyre pressure you maintain for a comfortable ride? VW recommends 38 PSI, which I feel is on the higher side for our road conditions. I personally maintain 35 PSI most of the times.

Would love to hear from fellow Allspace owners!
Old 30th December 2021, 12:49   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
Hello,

What's the regular tyre pressure you maintain for a comfortable ride? VW recommends 38 PSI, which I feel is on the higher side for our road conditions. I personally maintain 35 PSI most of the times.

I usually filled it at 35, however last time during my drive from Bangalore to Chennai I had all 4 at 38. The recommendation I believe is that at 38 the fuel consumption is less. 34-35 is comfort driving and the fuel consumption increases.
djaby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 16:26   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
Hello,

Hi

I too feel 38 is on the higher end. VW gives a range, and I tried with 33 and 35. I feel when its just I driving/ using the car all by myself 33 suffices. When with a family of 2-3 folks with appropriate luggage, 35 works best. 33 is most comfortable in this car but may not be best for the tyres in the long run.

--Kalyan
Old 30th December 2021, 18:35   #285
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaby View Post
I usually filled it at 35, however last time during my drive from Bangalore to Chennai I had all 4 at 38. The recommendation I believe is that at 38 the fuel consumption is less. 34-35 is comfort driving and the fuel consumption increases.
Did you see the difference in fuel consumption? I personally haven't noticed that much difference. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks