Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 18:39   #286
VND
BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Hi

I too feel 38 is on the higher end. VW gives a range, and I tried with 33 and 35. I feel when its just I driving/ using the car all by myself 33 suffices. When with a family of 2-3 folks with appropriate luggage, 35 works best. 33 is most comfortable in this car but may not be best for the tyres in the long run.

--Kalyan
Hi,

Yes I feel we can play in range of 2-3 PSI against manufacturer's recommendation.

In that case what would be the perfect pressure if the car is fully loaded, say 5 adults with luggage?
Old 31st December 2021, 12:04   #287
Senior - BHPian

Not a Tiguan owner, but I have followed manufacturer recommended air pressures for a fully loaded up car. Thats 4-5 passengers with luggage. And in my honest opinion that has worked flawlessly. Car drives as if it is with just 2 passengers. Otherwise the car starts to sag at the rear and scrapes the mud flaps more than it usually does. 177K kms verified with Octavia TSI, 225/50/16 tyres. Its a different ball game with 18" wheels of the Tiguan though, so you can play around with pressures when driving solo or +1, but fully loaded, I think its safe to stick with OEM recommended pressures.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 14:00   #288

Hi All,
I am looking for inputs on a good workshop for keeping my Allspace maintained. I have used Frontier VW in Gurgaon for the initial check-ups but the service manager has moved on and it seems their complete management of the workshop has collapsed. Have been trying to get in touch with them for planning the annual service but have met with no response from their end. Any inputs from folks in Delhi/NCR will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.!
Old 1st January 2022, 17:25   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm_delhi View Post
Hi All,
I am looking for inputs on a good workshop for keeping my Allspace maintained. I have used Frontier VW in Gurgaon for the initial check-ups but the service manager has moved on and it seems their complete management of the workshop has collapsed. Have been trying to get in touch with them for planning the annual service but have met with no response from their end. Any inputs from folks in Delhi/NCR will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.!
Hi,

I have been taking my vento to VW Karnal for 5 years and they are very competent, ethical and forthcoming about anything required other than regular servicing to be done.
My experience with them have always been great (hope it continues to be the same). Do give them a shot if you are willing to go a little farther for your annual services.

Do let me know if you need any details.
Old 3rd January 2022, 20:01   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
Did you see the difference in fuel consumption? I personally haven't noticed that much difference. Thanks
There might have been a slight difference I think. When I last went from Bangalore to Coonoor, the average would be around 10.1 if I recall it right. That time I did not bother about the tyre pressure. This time with 38 it was like 10.6. Also if you see the manufacturer recommends that 33-35 is your comfort, but if it's 38 then it's fuel efficient. I would go by that.
Will try this another time on a long drive.
Old 5th January 2022, 15:23   #291
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaby View Post
There might have been a slight difference I think. When I last went from Bangalore to Coonoor, the average would be around 10.1 if I recall it right. That time I did not bother about the tyre pressure. This time with 38 it was like 10.6. Also if you see the manufacturer recommends that 33-35 is your comfort, but if it's 38 then it's fuel efficient. I would go by that.
Will try this another time on a long drive.
Oh I see, is it mentioned like that in owner's manual?
The recommended pressure for full load is 38 on front tires and 45 on rears as per the sticker on door frame
Old 12th January 2022, 12:16   #292

Quote:
The recommended pressure for full load is 38 on front tires and 45 on rears as per the sticker on door frame
During the past year and 15000 KM's of driving, The best mileage I have clocked is 15.6 KMPL during my drive from Hyd to Blr with 2 adults in the car at 36 PSI tyre pressure. With the same tyre pressure and 4 adults plus luggage I averaged 12.2 KMPL during my last months drive of BLR - Mahabaleshwar - Ganpatipule - Goa - BLR. I was advised 38 psi by my dealer at the time of delivery, but found the car to be too bouncy when not fully loaded, I like it at 36 for all four tyres.
reddyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 19:02   #293

Quote:
Yeah, it is. If you see the manual, page 286 talks about tyre pressure. It says →Fig. 237 3. The comfort tyre pressure allows increased driving comfort. Fuel consumption may increase when driving with comfort tyre pressure.
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-img_20220111_103902__01.jpg

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-img_20220111_104121.jpg
djaby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 11:19   #294

Quote:
I have been able to download maps and configure it to work with my car, from the link you provided above. As mentioned earlier, this link has the latest version of maps from Nov 23, 2020, for India.

Once we download the maps from this link, there are a few configuration steps as follows:

Download India specific maps from this link (need to choose Tiguan Allspace from 2019 and Discover Media, Non-European Countries – Bundle

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwi...aps-download#/

I see that the web page above has maps updated as of 29 Nov 2021 available for download. Has anyone tried upgrading to this version of the map data?
Old 13th January 2022, 15:36   #295
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaby View Post
Yeah, it is. If you see the manual, page 286 talks about tyre pressure. It says →Fig. 237 3. The comfort tyre pressure allows increased driving comfort. Fuel consumption may increase when driving with comfort tyre pressure.
Attachment 2258867

Attachment 2258868
Yes I did check the manual after reading your comment, also the 38-45 PSI combo the manual suggests is too high for our roads I feel and thus the whole confusion.

I plan to keep 36 on all tires in my coming trip, let's see how that works out
VND is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 00:12   #296
BHPian

For me, the V.W parts woes has already started. After running my car for 24k KM, "check brake pad" light came up, and lo and behold, the pads did required replacement. I called up frontier workshop in Gurugram and after 3 days of follow up i got to know that front and rear brake pads were out of stock. I was pretty shocked to hear this. The front were expected to arrive in 5-6 days after placing order and rear brake pads were on back order with no ETA from VW.

How can V.W or the ASC screw this up to this extent? Am i not supposed to drive my car and wait for a consumable like brake pads? i'm honestly pretty scared for the availability of spares in future. I'll just look for after market brake pads to keep my car in running condition (Pretty embarrassing to say after just 13 months of ownership). 1 year down, 4 more to go for warranty to expire. Then i'll happily take my car elsewhere for maintenance.

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 14th January 2022 at 00:15.
Dhruv29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 07:29   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Both my Tiguan keys had their batteries fail on me in the last few weeks. First the message came with one of the keys - sent it to VW Downtown and got the battery changed. A couple of weeks later, the other key gave the same error. This time, the battery was not in stock, and we had to wait for a week to get it.

Am a little surprised the batteries gave way so quickly, is it because of the keyless entry system which acts as a larger drain on the battery. Never had to replace a key battery in 8 years with the Vento or 7 years with the Superb.
Hayek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 08:44   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Both my Tiguan keys had their batteries fail on me in the last few weeks.
Hayek, you're not having a seamless time with either, but glad your excellent trip went off flawlessly!

Why are you spending 800 bucks (?) on VW changing the button/cell batteries? You can do it yourself for 50 bucks each. Just buy them off a reputed seller on Amazon + keep a few in your glovebox + a single one in your wallet flap.

That is what I have done with both the Octavia & the 330i. You maybe correct with the comfort access bit as well.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 13:59   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allspace View Post
I see that the web page above has maps updated as of 29 Nov 2021 available for download. Has anyone tried upgrading to this version of the map data?
Thanks for pointing out that a new version is out.

I downloaded the new archive and updated my maps to this version. I do see that they have added more data points now. A new convention center near my home was not available on the navigation earlier, its now showing up.

The download is nearly 4.4 GB in size. The steps to update are same as documented earlier.

--Kalyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Both my Tiguan keys had their batteries fail on me in the last few weeks. First the message came with one of the keys - sent it to VW Downtown and got the battery changed. A couple of weeks later, the other key gave the same error. This time, the battery was not in stock, and we had to wait for a week to get it.
Hi

I too had my key battery start to give up. I started seeing the notification on the screen from the past week that the battery was running low, so got the same replaced at the VW dealer for Rs 340/. odd. As others have suggested, now I plan to keep the Panasonic batteries in stock and do it myself next time onwards.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 14:43   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out that a new version is out.

I downloaded the new archive and updated my maps to this version.
Got inspired by this post to download the new version and follow the steps you indicated. Quick question, does the system have a built in storage to which the map data gets transferred or do you have to keep the map SD card in the car to be able to use the maps?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks