Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 12:28   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

b. Allspace and Kodiaq(when available again), will have net to net similar features. Based on the last-gen Kodiaq, I guess these could be additional on the Kodiaq:
i. A better music system with perhaps a sub-woofer.
ii. Some simply-clever features like the Sleep-package for rear-seat passengers, the umbrella, door protectors, rear pull-out sun shades, etc.
iii. Kodiaq will definitely come with the same Petrol engine but there's also a rumour of it getting launched with a 2.0 TDI Diesel engine. Other than this, I do not see much advantage in waiting for the Kodiaq. Point to note would also be that on a newly launched car, there will only be so much discounts/ offers in play. Currently, Allspace is being offered at almost a 5-6 Lakhs on-road discount with 5 years Hi5 service pack (worth ₹ 1.5 lakhs) included i.e. 34.5 Lakhs on road in Hyderabad.
Considering that the Kodiaq will be assembled here and not imported as a CBU, I hope it will be cheaper than the Allspace (I think the L&K should be the equivalent variant?). Any idea if the Kodiaq came with some of the driver assistance features like lane assistance, emergency braking etc (also the 'cylinder deactivation' while coasting, which the Allspace offers)
Old 21st December 2020, 21:17   #77
BHPian

Hi Kalyan,

Quote:

1. I looked at the cars you've mentioned above. If it's going to be predominantly city-run, Endeavour/ Tiguan/ Kodiaq will not return more than a single-digit Fuel Efficiency. I am hoping you are okay with that. But, leaving these, the other cars(X1/ Tuscon/ CR-V) are only 5 seaters but you mentioned you may need 5+2 seater. So, you will need to compromise on one of the two factors (FE/ 5 seater or 5+2 seaters).
Am fine with the fuel efficiency. We did start our search with a 7 seater but no longer have a preference for a 7 seater/5+2 seater, reason being, most choices do not have a comfortable enough 3rd row.

Am looking for a monocoque cross-over. Sedans have been ruled out by family and at the same time, we do have a bit of back seat nausea issues. Also, my use case is predominantly city driving so not considering ladder on frame SUVs.

Quote:

I'm told India assembled current-gen X1s are much better. I have not test-driven one but based on inputs/ reviews, I'd say Allspace's suspension set-up would be similar to that of current X1. I recommend you to take a ~10 km test-drive on both cars to understand the set-up.
--Kalyan
Will do so. I have previously driven and had rides on the current X1 and did not find any noticeable challenge on this aspect but will pay specific attention this time around.

Quote:
b. Allspace and Kodiaq(when available again), will have net to net similar features.
--Kalyan
I guess feature differences may not be too many.

thanks a lot for these inputs. I do notice that service quality did not come up in consideration. Is the service quality level better over the years ?
subbarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 22:19   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Didn’t know that there is a Red colour offered in the Tiguan Allspace as well!

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-0faca68562914552b9272538bae645cd.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:29   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Considering that the Kodiaq will be assembled here and not imported as a CBU, I hope it will be cheaper than the Allspace (I think the L&K should be the equivalent variant?). Any idea if the Kodiaq came with some of the driver assistance features like lane assistance, emergency braking etc (also the 'cylinder deactivation' while coasting, which the Allspace offers)
The previous-gen Kodiaq used to have three variants Style, Scout, and L&K with ex-showroom prices of 32.99 L, 33.99 L and 36.78 L respectively. Even the previous-gen Kodiaq was CKD. Other than the difference in the engine (Diesel -> Petrol), there is no scope to go low on pricing much, in my personal opinion. Yes, L&K is the closest to the Tiguan Allspace as only that had the Digital Cockpit.

From the TBHP official Kodiaq review, I could not find any mention on the assist features, so it looks like the previous-gen did not have any. But, in most likelihood, in the new version, they will be similar to that of the Tiguan Allspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
thanks a lot for these inputs. I do notice that service quality did not come up in consideration. Is the service quality level better over the years?
Volkswagen is not known for its After Sales and Service but fortunately, there haven't been many horror stories our of Hyderabad. I checked with a few Volkswagen car owners in my complex and they seem happy with both the local dealers with respect to services on their Vento's and Polo's. My fear though is lack of know-how while dealing with a CBU esp in case of non-regular (Oil, filter change) service say like AC issue, Radiator, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Didn’t know that there is a Red colour offered in the Tiguan Allspace as well!
Oh yes, "Ruby Red Metallic" with all-black interiors. I did mention all colours available in my review, copying that text here:

So, the Tiguan Allspace comes in seven colour options (Five of which i.e. Pure White, Deep Black Pearl, Petroleum Blue, Pyrite Silver and Platinum Metallic Grey come with two-tone Black/ Beige interiors just like my car shown here, whereas two other colours namely Ruby Red Metallic and Habanero Orange Metallic come with an all-black interiors.)

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 13:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
Hi Mustangvins! Got a deal of 34 lacs on road + the Hi 5 SVP. I chose (rather my wife) the petroleum blue color, but maintaining the white interiors will be a challenge.
Awesome @Sanjoym, that's a unique color and would make the car standout. Congrats and wish you loads of miles on your new car.

Did you get any acknowledgement or proof for the Hi5 SVP? The dealer here in Hyderabad says that the maintenance package gets linked to the car's VIN number and there is nothing required additionally. Apparently we would get a mail from VW directly in a few days as acknowledgement but i think there should be some documented proof for the same at the time of purchase.

Quote:
Further, I was shocked to discover that the side strip of the seats is actually fabric! WHITE FABRIC!!!!! This is silly cost cutting! This is the only thing about the car that put me off.
I too felt the same when i saw it first. This would definitely require maintenance to keep it clean in the long run.

Quote:
Also I have paid for the 5th year warranty, but the dealer has not been able to give the document yet. They say it takes time.
Is this included in the invoice? As long as it is mentioned somewhere, you are good. The actual certificate should eventually come to you in a few days.
mustangvins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 22:15   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I have been able to download maps and configure it to work with my car, from the link you provided above. As mentioned earlier, this link has the latest version of maps from Nov 23, 2020, for India.
On the job. Just a query, the SD card has two folder under maps, 00 and EEC. However, the folder I got from your Google Drive has another folder named 28. you have not referred to a folder named 28 in the steps. my a going wrong somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
Awesome @Sanjoym, that's a unique color and would make the car standout. Congrats and wish you loads of miles on your new car.

Did you get any acknowledgement or proof for the Hi5 SVP? The dealer here in Hyderabad says that the maintenance package gets linked to the car's VIN number and there is nothing required additionally. Apparently we would get a mail from VW directly in a few days as acknowledgement but i think there should be some documented proof for the same at the time of purchase.

I too felt the same when i saw it first. This would definitely require maintenance to keep it clean in the long run.

Is this included in the invoice? As long as it is mentioned somewhere, you are good. The actual certificate should eventually come to you in a few days.

Mustangvins- Thank you so much!

I got the SVP certificates with the vouchers for the replacement items like battery, wipers and front brakes. I then took print outs and got them stamped and signed.

As regards the extended warranty, they have put on mail that there is a software issue and 5th year extension is not happening in the portal. They are sorting it out.

Note from Support: Quote trimmed. Please quote relevant portions of posts only. Thanks!

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th December 2020 at 07:29. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Old 23rd December 2020, 10:23   #82
BHPian

Quote:
On the job. Just a query, the SD card has two folder under maps, 00 and EEC. However, the folder I got from your Google Drive has another folder named 28. you have not referred to a folder named 28 in the steps. my a going wrong somewhere?
Sanjoy,

28 is for "Chile", India(country code 20) and Chile (country code 28) are provided in one maps bundle by Volkswagen. Don't bother about that. If you downloaded the zipped archive from my folder. All you need to do is unzip(using 7z) and paste the maps folder as-is onto a formatted VW provided SD card. Then restart your infotainment system (by pressing the power button for 10 secs) and insert the SD card into the slot. I have already taken care of the configuration steps in the archive I made available.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 13:35   #83
BHPian

Quote:
I got the SVP certificates with the vouchers for the replacement items like battery, wipers and front brakes. I then took print outs and got them stamped and signed.
@Sanjoym, The certificates and vouchers you received - was it on mail? How long did it take to get these after the delivery?
Old 27th December 2020, 05:49   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Sanjoy,

28 is for "Chile", India(country code 20) and Chile (country code 28) are provided in one maps bundle by Volkswagen.

--Kalyan
Noted Boss!
Just used your folder!! Eureka, it does what VW guys can’t do!!!!

Thank. You so much Kaylan!! owe thus to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
@Sanjoym, The certificates and vouchers you received - was it on mail? How long did it take to get these after the delivery?
I got it originally on my WhatsApp and then took printouts with their stamp and signature. Got it on the 9th of Dec. invoiced on 2nd.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th December 2020 at 07:30. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
Sanjoym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 14:29   #85
BHPian

Hi folks, in the market for a new car - considering X1 and Tiguan. Base X1 is low on features and interiors are honestly a letdown for the price / brand. However, a little wary of fuel economy of Tiguan - have a polo GT which gives 11 Kmpl in city (is a lot better on highways at 14-15 Kmpl). While am ok to get 9-10 on Tiguan, I think it might be an unrealistic expectation. Any real world numbers would be really helpful. Thanks!
prnvaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 18:08   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnvaa View Post
Hi folks, in the market for a new car - considering X1 and Tiguan. Base X1 is low on features and interiors are honestly a letdown for the price / brand. However, a little wary of fuel economy of Tiguan - have a polo GT which gives 11 Kmpl in city (is a lot better on highways at 14-15 Kmpl). While am ok to get 9-10 on Tiguan, I think it might be an unrealistic expectation. Any real world numbers would be really helpful. Thanks!
9-10 on the Tiguan is definitely unrealistic, but to be fair - the X1 wouldn't achieve that much either.
I'd budget for 7-8kmpl.

The Tiguan in my opinion is a better vehicle in terms of space & features & practicality; but the BMW will be that much more fun to drive.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 18:59   #87

Congratulations Kalyan and thanks for sharing such detailed review, loved it. It looks a solidly built unit, as always from VW, and it is evident from your detailed pictures. Hope you drive many miles with this one, and VW offers you long service and warranty options.
aeyjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 22:36   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnvaa View Post
Hi folks, in the market for a new car - considering X1 and Tiguan. Base X1 is low on features and interiors are honestly a letdown for the price / brand. Any real world numbers would be really helpful. Thanks!
Just come back from a 900 km spin in the hills to clock the first 1000km. 600 km would be plains and rest in the hills. The car is showing an average of 8.9 km. Have used the shifters profusely while overtaking, used off-roading mode for covering 20 km of unpaved rocky hill climb and down. Hoped we would get some snow to check the snow mode, but no luck this time.

Average is nothing to write home about....but the experience was as memorable as a honeymoon!
Sanjoym is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 17:29   #89
bvk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
  1. Yes. The Tiguan AllSpace does have Adaptive Cruise, enabled from the factory itself. The radar is located behind the Front Tiguan Logo. I'm in the process of enabling it on our Diesel Tiguan and will share my process soon.
Were you able to enable the adaptive cruise? Please do share the process. Thank you!
bvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 20:48   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvk View Post
Were you able to enable the adaptive cruise? Please do share the process. Thank you!
Hey, my Adaptive Cruise Control retrofit is about a week away! I'll try and make a thread soon to share the nitty grities. I was mistaken about the AllSpace having Adaptive Cruise from the factory, but it is true that the most vital hardware is present in the AllSpace already. As for regular Tiguans, I have procured all the part and the work should be done in a week.

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 2nd January 2021 at 20:50.
fluidicjoy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks