Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 20:17   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
@TheWall: I searched YouTube but could not find a proper video showing the turn indicators in V Variant. Does the LED DRL also blink along with the turn indicators as it does in the ZX variant? Or is it just the turn indicators placed beside the low beam?
I don't think the DRLs blink in any variant along with the indicators. They seem to be independent in function. You can check out the below two videos. One is in the V variant while the other is the ZX variant.

V variant video above. Skip to 1:15 to get to the indicator part

ZX variant video above. The starting of the video itself will show the DRLs and indicators in action.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 20:23   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
I don't think the DRLs blink in any variant along with the indicators. They seem to be independent in function. You can check out the below two videos. One is in the V variant while the other is the ZX variant.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=7pspTD9AIEs
V variant video above. Skip to 1:15 to get to the indicator part
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=r0C7iQJDOso
ZX variant video above. The starting of the video itself will show the DRLs and indicators in action.
My bad I got confused between the DRL and the indicators of the ZX variants. Thanks!
TheWall is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 13:03   #138
BHPian

What a lovely and detailed review Trackday! Kudos to your writing style. What amazed me was that your review wasn't of a fanboy or an excited owner writing a biased review. Rather your review was to the point, very detailed and better than many official reviews.

What always intrigues me is that, in many official reviews or car magazine reviews, they mention about redlining of rpm. Their reviews most of the time are based on how the car behaves when it is driven at 4000 - 6000 rpm. Normally I do not cross 3000 rpm and mostly cruise between 2000 - 2500 rpm, even in my Octy 1.8 TSI.

But in your review, it was more towards real world usage and driving styles. Hats off to you Sir!
K.grg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 01:34   #139
sbm
BHPian

What a nice and detailed review @trackday. I wish I had writing skills like you. Regarding the City V variant, I wanted to ask
1) Whether you have experienced any niggles in the car till now?
2) how are you keeping the beige interior clean ? I too believe in using the original seat fabric but the beiege color gives me a scare. What products do you use to maintain them?
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 15:00   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
What a lovely and detailed review Trackday! Kudos to your writing style.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
What a nice and detailed review @trackday. I wish I had writing skills like you. Regarding the City V variant, I wanted to ask
1) Whether you have experienced any niggles in the car till now?
2) how are you keeping the beige interior clean ? I too believe in using the original seat fabric but the beiege color gives me a scare. What products do you use to maintain them?
Thank you. I believe everyone can pen down wonderful reviews. Just that it takes a lot of time and patience. Especially taking pictures and doing the writing edits.

Regarding your doubts:
1. My car is from 2020 and as per some YouTube videos, the cars from that batch are often associated with rattling noise, especially around the center light console and A pillar. I am yet to come across this and could be because the roads I take are good ones. However this seems to be due to lack of proper insulation in certain area. BHP-ian vasi_raju has shared this post in the 5th gen City thread. Might be useful if you come across the same problem :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5053845 (The 5th-gen Honda City in India. EDIT: Review on page 62)

2. I always carry a water spray bottle and microfiber towels in my car. Primarily this habit was to clean bird droppings on the exterior so as to prevent paint damage. Now, I carry one more extra towel for my interiors. Any stain / food dropping is immediately attended once the journey is over. I will take seat covers maybe on completing one year, or maybe if it is still in good shape only in two years. What is the need to be scared ? If you cover up from day one the original fabric serves no purpose. I say enjoy them and get the covers later. That way you enjoy both the materials.

Beige fabric interiors ? These two are essentials !
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-water-spray-microfiber-towel.png
Image source: google images
TrackDay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 19:42   #141
BHPian

I too was afraid of the same beige fabric door pads,armrest and seats. So recently added the nappa leather covers. The steering was completed with nappa leather and alcantara combination. Below are some pics after the work.
Attached Thumbnails
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_20210806_184101__01.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_20210806_184006.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_20210806_184030__01.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_20210806_184047.jpg  

saratjyo is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 18:12   #142
BHPian

A discrepancy that I noticed on my V CVT. Over inflating causes a weird ride quality and a bouncy ride. Wonder what is the correct tyre pressure. Appreciate it if someone can call out on what is the ideal pressure for the 'V' variant as it comes with a different profile of tyre compared to VX/ZX.

Out of the showroom, I was surprised to see 45 PSI set on all 4 tyres which are quite a lot.

As per Manual, it says 35,33 or 36,35
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_4503.jpg

As per the badge on the driver side, it is 32,30 or 35,33
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_4504.jpg
Swarup5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 13:14   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarup5 View Post
A discrepancy that I noticed on my V CVT. Over inflating causes a weird ride quality and a bouncy ride. Wonder what is the correct tyre pressure. Appreciate it if someone can call out on what is the ideal pressure for the 'V' variant as it comes with a different profile of tyre compared to VX/ZX.

Out of the showroom, I was surprised to see 45 PSI set on all 4 tyres which are quite a lot.

As per Manual, it says 35,33 or 36,35
Attachment 2194482

As per the badge on the driver side, it is 32,30 or 35,33
Attachment 2194483
I have been filling air based on the details mentioned in driver side badge. Manual is confusing and it is conflicting with the information on driver side badge
Old 23rd August 2021, 00:11   #144
Senior - BHPian

Been a while since I posted due to commitments taking up most of my time and have been less active on the forum. The car is running fine and so far everything is good. The first monsoon with the city also went by with some pleasant drives.

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-athena-1.jpg

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-athena-2.jpg
TrackDay is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 13:38   #145
BHPian

@TrackDay, can you comment on the comfort for middle passenger in the back seat and overall headroom ?

Yesterday i had a detailed look and TD and found that middle seat is quite raised and is extremely uncomfortable for anyone apart from a kid who sits there. Also i found the head room to be inadequate everywhere (i am 5.8"). Is this specific to 5th gen city ? (Showroom didn't have a 4th gen on display)
Old 31st August 2021, 21:09   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AravBS View Post
@TrackDay, can you comment on the comfort for middle passenger in the back seat and overall headroom ?

Yesterday i had a detailed look and TD and found that middle seat is quite raised and is extremely uncomfortable for anyone apart from a kid who sits there. Also i found the head room to be inadequate everywhere (i am 5.8"). Is this specific to 5th gen city ? (Showroom didn't have a 4th gen on display)
To be honest I haven't spent much time in the rear. Some of the longest drives so far have been within 300 km one way with 5 passengers on board. And no one has really mentioned anything uncomfortable so far. Perhaps other city owners who have any experience can shed light on this.

With regards to headroom, I have felt the car is reasonably spacious.
Old 23rd October 2021, 19:55   #147
BHPian

Sorry for being late here...I am considering to buy Honda City ZX. All in favour except the worry of low ground clearance. Can anyone share their 5th gen Honda City experience driving in city and outskirts including pot hole filled roads?
ags82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 08:59   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ags82 View Post
Sorry for being late here...I am considering to buy Honda City ZX. All in favour except the worry of low ground clearance. Can anyone share their 5th gen Honda City experience driving in city and outskirts including pot hole filled roads?
So far I have driven the 5th gen only in Kerala and has managed so far without any issue. This so called ground clearance question of the city is something that is always being asked. My reply ? Go check out any 5th gen City that is running in your area and look beneath the car. If there are no significant signs of damage your question will be answered. Just sharing a couple of videos too.

Last edited by TrackDay : 24th October 2021 at 09:01.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 02:26   #149
BHPian

Sat in the front seat of a ZX for a short drive.
Found the headrest a bit too angular towards the front & obtrusive - discomforting for the neck.
Has anyone felt that way too?
Or is the headrest angle adjustable ? Was not able to get a stress free position for the neck/head by changing just the seat recline. Appreciate your feedback.
Old 11th December 2021, 10:20   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Sat in the front seat of a ZX for a short drive.
Found the headrest a bit too angular towards the front & obtrusive - discomforting for the neck.
Has anyone felt that way too?
Or is the headrest angle adjustable ? Was not able to get a stress free position for the neck/head by changing just the seat recline. Appreciate your feedback.
Well, got to drive a few more times and this turned out to be a non-issue with a bit of seat positioning!
knockout is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks