Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2021, 19:06   #106
BHPian

Re: Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review

Hello guys,
My cousin had purchased the City V CVT back in October and he is starting to face a lot of rattling noises from the car. He told me that when he took the car to the service station ,around dozen of cars had some rattling noise or the other.
This kinda scares me a bit because I also have booked the VX CVT variant. Are you guys also facing any such rattles?
Old 18th April 2021, 23:50   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Hello guys,
My cousin had purchased the City V CVT back in October and he is starting to face a lot of rattling noises from the car. He told me that when he took the car to the service station ,around dozen of cars had some rattling noise or the other.
This kinda scares me a bit because I also have booked the VX CVT variant. Are you guys also facing any such rattles?
Where is this noise from ? I think the initial batch had some issue which is now rectified. My cousin got a ZX CVT in February and its trouble free since then.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 09:52   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Where is this noise from ? I think the initial batch had some issue which is now rectified. My cousin got a ZX CVT in February and its trouble free since then.
Hey there!
The noise seems to be coming from the left hand side dashboard while driving around 30 kmph .
Old 20th April 2021, 01:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Hey there!
The noise seems to be coming from the left hand side dashboard while driving around 30 kmph .
Please check if there are loose items in the glovebox. I had a similar problem in my Brio but realised my cables were loose on one occasion and some items were knocking and moving about. there is a thread over here which shows how to remove the glovebox and to softline it on a very affordable cost. Worth trying.

If this doesnt fix then sometimes this noise comes if you have opened the dash to pass the dashcam cable and one screw is loose.

If it still doesnt fix then shoot off an email to HOnda 121 they will get the dealer to fix it but honestly ive realised its mostly loose items which we never realise.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 22:03   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I have a 2020 september manufactured, zx cvt with absolutely no noises whatsoever from any part of my dashboard whatsoever. So its definitely not a general issue with first batch cars i guess.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 22:49   #111
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey there!
Rattles seem to be a common complaint (search Youtube and also the comments, for example) and one can easily get fixes for multiple rattle issues on Youtube - A pillar, Roof liner, cabin lamp console etc.

There is also a mention of vibration from the left hand side suspension area in one of the videos and comments sections too. Please see if it's the damper then.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 16:23   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I have a 2020 september manufactured, zx cvt with absolutely no noises whatsoever from any part of my dashboard whatsoever. So its definitely not a general issue with first batch cars i guess.
I think in every production line there are 1-2 lemons or problematic cases, which should not be the case but still there are.

I have had no major issues with any of my Honda cars except the first Honda City Dolphin shape where the tyres were worn out in 15000 kms due to some bad road or some other issue one tyre had the thread gone completely. After which I changed tyres and kept an eye out for alignment every 6 months or 1 year max.

Next City Arrow design was problem free. Current Brio is problem free (Brio was rated JD Power best small hatch in terms of least complaints and CRV 2014 which is also problem free although i am noticing that after 6 years the rubber beading etc are breaking up in some areas.
M00M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 21:40   #113

Congratulations on getting the 5th gen Honda city. I think that is the best choice you made. I am being bias here coz I bought the 5th gen CVT ZX variant. Few points to add on the ZX variant.
- all Led headlamps look brilliant , especially night driving(makes it look like a higher segment sedan at night)
- 8 speaker music system sounds great (the sound is quite spatial, adding a sub would make it perfect)

Dislike:
- the headlights perform very poorly in rainy or Misty conditions ( the fog lamps are also terrible)
maniabraham23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 12:13   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Sure sir just gave the car some tlc today sharing a pic for everyone, no filters used just a good ceramic coat done properly
Sorry to hijack your thread Trackday.
Sharing pics of the 7d mats that a friend sourced for me, color match is spot on but i feel black would have been better to maintain. Please ignore the backdrop that's my parking at work.
Wow, it looks wonderful.

Thanks for the pics about the mat. Can you please share the details of the 7D mats? Brand, Cost, Fit and Finish etc. It will help me check if its available online.
Old 28th April 2021, 00:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post

Thanks for the pics about the mat. Can you please share the details of the 7D mats? Brand, Cost, Fit and Finish etc. It will help me check if its available online.
Dont recall the brand name as such will check once again. Bought them from a car accessory shop on order and he delivered in 5 days paid approx 6k for them. Fit, finish and quality is perfect and spot on, Plus the colour is an absolute match with the interiors.
Old 28th April 2021, 02:37   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont recall the brand name as such will check once again. Bought them from a car accessory shop on order and he delivered in 5 days paid approx 6k for them. Fit, finish and quality is perfect and spot on, Plus the colour is an absolute match with the interiors.
Just noticed this now 'Born 2 Be Wild', but what is this below the rear ac vents ? Is it some accessory or just the camera angle playing tricks.

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-rear-ac-vent.png
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 18:23   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Just noticed this now 'Born 2 Be Wild', but what is this below the rear ac vents ? Is it some accessory or just the camera angle playing tricks.
It came with the car sir, it has something underneath it,but i have absolutely no idea what it is, will check with the honda service when it goes for 20k service in a while .
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 12:30   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It came with the car sir, it has something underneath it,but i have absolutely no idea what it is, will check with the honda service when it goes for 20k service in a while .
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-extra..png
The one on the left is from your car (ZX) and on the right mine (V). The only points below the Vents are the twin power units. Could this extra be an Ash tray ?
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 17:00   #119
BHPian

Quote:

I just checked on my VX MT and foot-well lamp add on accessory is is hosted under this part.
Attaching images below.

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_0461.jpg

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_0462.jpg

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_0465.jpg
sonil.luthra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 22:23   #120
BHPian

Quote:
The one on the left is from your car (ZX) and on the right mine (V). The only points below the Vents are the twin power units. Could this extra be an Ash tray ?
Just checked sir, its a pair of footwell lamps that light up the rear footwell pretty nicely, just noticed on my drive back today in the evening.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks