Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 00:20   #46
BHPian

Re: Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
I opted for Honda genuine seat covers that are airbag compliant. It costs me almost 11k Rupees but I still opted for it as it is a Honda genuine accessory. I will try posting the pics if you need.
Hey Navigator, How are they compared to the Zx trim seat covers ? Did you also get padding on the door-rests and Arm rest? Pics would be very helpful brother
Old 25th January 2021, 15:38   #47
gus
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post
Hey Navigator, How are they compared to the Zx trim seat covers ? Did you also get padding on the door-rests and Arm rest? Pics would be very helpful brother
They look really premium, however not to be compared with the genuine leather on the zx trims, these still are really good in themselves. I will try and attach a pic of these today.

Last edited by gus : 25th January 2021 at 15:44.
gus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 18:51   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
They look really premium, however not to be compared with the genuine leather on the zx trims, these still are really good in themselves. I will try and attach a pic of these today.
Are they full bucket type? How's the comfort quotient?

Ive cancelled My Seltos booking, I'm now looking at City VX but the leather seats on the Zx Trim have my heart

ZX CVT is way over my budget, my main priority is comfort. Will the aftermarket seat covers/ existing Fabric covers be comfortable for daily drives of around 70-75 Km?
Old 26th January 2021, 09:52   #49
gus
BHPian

Quote:

Ive cancelled My Seltos booking, I'm now looking at City VX but the leather seats on the Zx Trim have my heart

ZX CVT is way over my budget, my main priority is comfort. Will the aftermarket seat covers/ existing Fabric covers be comfortable for daily drives of around 70-75 Km?
Yes these are bucket type and they are very comfortable. I would strongly suggest to take the seat covers from Honda because all trims have side airbags and the seat covers from Honda are compatible with these and yes they look premium too...

If you have to drive daily for 70-75kms I would strongly suggest you to take a LOOONG test drive of the car. Communicate the same to the Honda dealer. Request for a v/vx trim for a test drive. Take a test drive both as a driver and passenger and then judge the comfort for yourselves.
Old 26th January 2021, 21:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it's not as plush as the ZX trim obviously, but quite good otherwise. It gets a cover for driver armrest, but no cover for door armrests.
You can choose from 4 different designs and 2 colors - beige and black. I hate beige but went for the same color as it compliments the overall interior feel of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-20210126_134432.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-20210126_134438.jpg  

Nav-i-gator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 22:52   #51
BHPian

Quote:

As far as I know, there's a 1 lac diff between ZX and VX (either MT or CVT). I was also confused between the manual versions of both these variants and went with ZX due to the following factors :-

1. The leather seats and door pads etc are of very good quality and you won't be able to replicate that with any type of seat covers. Also, as far as I understand, there's some different in the seat design as well between ZX and VX

2. The LED Headlights just add another dimension to the look of the car. And it's something you wouldn't be able to achieve through aftermarket components

I know we are paying a little more than what we are getting but if you can make the stretch to ZX, I would highly recommend it.

Adding a couple of photos and a variant wise feature comparison for your reference.Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-screenshot_20210126224633.jpg

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_20210102_134848.jpg

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-screenshot_20200715123547.jpg
AutoConsultant is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 23:49   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
As far as I know, there's a 1 lac diff between ZX and VX (either MT or CVT). I was also confused between the manual versions of both these variants and went with ZX due to the following factors :-
Ofcourse if one has the budget to go for ZX, go for it. That is, if you have already decided on buying a city.
The dilemma is more for people with strict budget, who are deciding between different cars and body types.
City, in V trim, is a perfect one (so is nexon in lower trims, if budget is lesser). All safety features and nothing really to put it off the list.
Nav-i-gator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 23:56   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Ofcourse if one has the budget to go for ZX, go for it. That is, if you have already decided on buying a city.
The dilemma is more for people with strict budget, who are deciding between different cars and body types.
City, in V trim, is a perfect one (so is nexon in lower trims, if budget is lesser). All safety features and nothing really to put it off the list.
Totally agreed, V is the most VFM variant for someone who is looking at that price range.

However, as Gallardo_17 was already looking for Seltos (a higher priced car) and cancelled it for the City, I assumed he have already made up their mind to go for the City.

As he is already considering VX and thinking of ZX, that's why I made the suggestion.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 21:37   #54
BHPian

Congrats on your new purchase . Its sad to see how sedans are being taken over by SUVs and Crossovers. Carwow stick of truth was a nice addition to the post , I could also sense a little Doug demuro vibe . Happy motoring ��.
Old 30th January 2021, 23:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
- 3M PPF around the back bumper and front bumpers and side view mirrors. Set me back 14K @ 595/sq-ft. 24 Square sq-ft in all.
Can you please post a pic of this please? Would be great if you can also describe what this is all about?
Thanks,
lsjey
Old 1st February 2021, 13:08   #56
BHPian

Hey Trackday , How's the android auto performance? Is it laggy? I recently took a TD of the City and the Android auto seemed very laggy maybe it was due to the faulty cable used by the SA. I wanted to know hows the performance of android Auto according to you?

Last edited by Gallardo_17 : 1st February 2021 at 13:10.
Old 1st February 2021, 20:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Trackday , How's the android auto performance? Is it laggy? I recently took a TD of the City and the Android auto seemed very laggy maybe it was due to the faulty cable used by the SA. I wanted to know hows the performance of android Auto according to you?
I have used the android auto only for maps and playing music so far. In both those aspects the performance is pretty good.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 14:22   #58
gus
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Can you please post a pic of this please? Would be great if you can also describe what this is all about?
Thanks,
lsjey
PPF, in very simple terms is akin to a screen guard on your mobile. Like a screen guard, PPF saves your car from minor scratches and scuffs. However it will not be helful in case of major crashes or scratches. Its a clear and transparent polyurethane film.
For more details please check the link below:
http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/o...rotection-film

I have also attached a zip which has two videos showing where PPF has been applied on my car. Will give you a better idea of what is it and how tits used.

PPF.zip

I hope it helps. Feel free to get back in case you need more details.
Old 2nd February 2021, 15:39   #59
BHPian

Quote:
PPF, in very simple terms is akin to a screen guard on your mobile. Like a screen guard, PPF saves your car from minor scratches and scuffs. However it will not be helful in case of major crashes or scratches. Its a clear and transparent polyurethane film.
For more details please check the link below:
http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/o...rotection-film

I have also attached a zip which has two videos showing where PPF has been applied on my car. Will give you a better idea of what is it and how tits used.
Thanks for posting the videos and sharing the link... Matching the paint color when scratches are made is an issue. This will solve this problem... Good accessory to add on.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 14:47   #60
BHPian

Hi Gus. Could you please explain something more about the Rogerab suspension buffers and also post some pics of the car for us to have a look post installation. Do you think upgrading the tyres to 17" is possible along with raising the ride height by adding the suspension buffers so that the tyres do not touch the underbody when fully loaded. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Congrats to you and to me as well

Apart for this, when I booked the car Instead of opting for the accessories on offer, I chose to take the extended warrant for 4th and 5th year from the dealer and a handsome discount on the seat covers. Makes for a better deal in my opinion.
I also chose to get my car insured from my insurance agent and it helped me save 15k on the insurance (included exactly the same bells and whistles which Honda offered).

Once I took the delivery of the car, I got a few after market changes/accessories.
- 3M PPF around the back bumper and front bumpers and side view mirrors. Set me back 14K @ 595/sq-ft. 24 Square sq-ft in all.
- 7d floor mats which set me back around 3K but look much better than the ones offered by Honda. Overall uplifted the feel of the cabin.
- Got new machined alloys ( 15 inches ) in exchange of the stock ones which set me back 10K
- Got new Michelin XM2+ tyres in exchange of the MRF ZVTS eco treads (stock size). Better gripping for sure. Set me back 10K.
- Rogerab suspension buffers. It did raise the height of the car by a bit but more than that it improved the stability of the car at high speeds and its cornering ability. The difference is noticeable. So its money well spent. Set me back 6.2K. Much more confident while drifting now

All in all very satisfied with my purchase(s).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks