Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2021, 11:48   #91
BHPian

Re: Athena : 5th Gen Honda City

Air vents for clearing the windshield. Can anyone tell what that small dome like thing is there for, at the center ? Is it a secret beacon for aliens ?
Attachment 2110272

That's the Temperature Sensor mounted on Dashboard to make the Automatic Climate Control work effectively.

Loved the features of your 5th gen-Honda City !! No wonder it remains an aspirational Sedan in India- A Status symbol
HooghlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 20:27   #92
BHPian

So I too own a 5th gen V CVT variant. One of the feature I miss is the auto Day/Night IRVM. So I ordered the mirror from boodmo thinking that it will cost in thousands as I read in other threads of DIY. But surprisingly got it for less than 400rs. I ordered the mirror from 2021 model 4th gen City as we don't have 5th gen City spares in boodmo yet. So wanted to check if we have any ideas. Following is my doubt that I want to clear before doing it.

Do we have the cable already present to directly plugin the mirror or I have to order any more items before proceeding to do this?
Attached Thumbnails
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-1615560938531.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-1615560965125.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-1615560978460.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-1615561012166.jpg  

saratjyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 18:29   #93

Re: Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review

Thanks a lot TrackDay for a very detailed review. It helped me in finalizing the car! I have booked V CVT today. Car delivery is likely to happen only by April end due to global chip shortage / production issues :-(
itsmejack is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 19:49   #94
BHPian

Thanks @TrackDay for the amazing review, this helped a lot since there was no official review for 5th Gen Honda City. My Dad was on a hunt for a new car and all the dealers were quoting a 30-45 day wait due to the chip shortage issue.

Thankfully Honda dealer here in Thrissur had stock for V MT in golden brown and even though our preferred color was 'Modern Steel', we booked and got the car delivered in a week

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_0954.jpg
aswin93 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:20   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratjyo View Post
Do we have the cable already present to directly plugin the mirror or I have to order any more items before proceeding to do this?
I have no clue on this. What about you, Any update ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin93 View Post
Thankfully Honda dealer here in Thrissur had stock for V MT in golden brown and even though our preferred color was 'Modern Steel', we booked and got the car delivered in a week
Attachment 2133726
You car looks beautiful. I can see from the Kwid your around Irinjalakuda circle. I am in Thrissur.

UPDATE:
Name:  city 1.PNG
Views: 4644
Size:  200.8 KB
My car completed 2000 km yesterday and the past 4 months have been really good. The car handles like a charm & is very good on most roads. I have found the ergonomics and handling to be very fair and apt on our roads. The reverse camera and touch screen are acceptable and one can live with it, but this car deserves a far superior unit. The rest of it is fine. I have not done any insane speeds so cant comment on that. My average is usually within 90 and sometimes up to a 100. The car handles decently at such speeds and also returns mileage in the ball park of 19-20 on highways. The CVT is pretty decent and unless your looking to put pedal to the metal, this along with the paddles will suffice. I have some doubts though it might look silly. I have seen this on my past cars too, but never bothered to ask:

What are these 2 vents for? One is on the lamp case in the front set and the other on the bottom side of the steering. I think one is for voice commands, but then what about the other ?
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-111.png

I had gone for underbody coating (Bardahl) before delivery. I am not sure, but do we need to get it done again free of cost, during coming services ?
Name:  city 3.PNG
Views: 4675
Size:  173.2 KB

Battery connectors have these extra sensor/electronics or something of that sort. What are they there for? In my previous cars it were usually just the simple clamp with bolts. Also what is the deal with the black cloth like material around the battery ?
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-city-5.jpg

Last edited by TrackDay : 22nd March 2021 at 12:25.
TrackDay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 15:41   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
What are these 2 vents for? One is on the lamp case in the front set and the other on the bottom side of the steering. I think one is for voice commands, but then what about the other ?
The one on the bottom of steering is the interior temperature sensor for ACC (Automatic Climate Control). It can be seen in cars having ACC. My Honda City and Rapid have the same. Although Rapid has it towards the passenger side under the temperature control knob.

Note: glance through the car manual, you will get answers there.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 17:47   #97
BHPian

The 5th generation Honda City is certainly much better than the 4th generation. You just cannot go wrong with the Honda City especially comfort, reliability and the silky smooth iVtec. Congratulations on your purchase. I speak from the ownership experience of first generation, second generation and third generation - approx 2.5 lakh km in all. Luckily I skipped the 4th Generation.
ashokabs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 15:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to retrofit the lane watch camera in lower models? Are the wirings already present for this?
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 17:16   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Is it possible to retrofit the lane watch camera in lower models? Are the wirings already present for this?
I asked the service centre and they said it wasn't possible .
I haven't asked my trusted accesories guy, I'll ask him next week
911CarerraS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 14:02   #100
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car! And what a lovely detailed write-up of the car! Well written. It is made me add the Honda City to my list of possible purchases in the next couple of months. Added it to my list that contains a Creta and a Harrier.
sswaroop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 16:03   #101
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase TrackDay.

Thanks for the detailed review TrackDay. Your report is an one point contact for me to understand the V variant in detailed. I am planning to book either a Perl White or Metallic Silver V (CVT) mostly by end of next week.

I have few questions

1) What is the soft touch material used near the gears, above the glove-box and in doors. I have marked them in the image. For V variant, is it leather or the same fabric which is used in the seats? As per the picture, it looks a little different when compared to seat fabric.

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-oie_k0gzlkogbby0.jpg

2) Since I did a TD using ZX which comes with a 16" alloy, and V has a 15" alloy, did you find any difference in the comfort, handling etc?

3) What is the FE that you are obtaining?
vasi_raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 20:28   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_raju View Post
1) What is the soft touch material used near the gears, above the glove-box and in doors. I have marked them in the image. For V variant, is it leather or the same fabric which is used in the seats? As per the picture, it looks a little different when compared to seat fabric.
  • The ones on the door pad and center hand rest are of the same fabric material as on the seats. The seat fabric has extra patterns on the point where our body comes into contact. Other than that, the fabric on the side/rear of the seats and elsewhere are all the same.
  • The one on the dash and side of the gear console on this V variant are of the same material and seems to be like some sort of plastic.
Quote:
2) Since I did a TD using ZX which comes with a 16" alloy, and V has a 15" alloy, did you find any difference in the comfort, handling etc?
To be honest I don't remember now, since It's been a while. From what I have heard/read online 15" is supposed to be more comfortable than 16".
Quote:
3) What is the FE that you are obtaining?
In dense city traffic conditions it has dropped to even as low as 12-13 where as on empty highways at midnight I have achieved 19-20 (all with A/C full time). I would say overall an average of 17-18 km/liter.
TrackDay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 21:12   #103

Like others said the review was as comprehensive as it could ever be. You covered each and every small aspect of the car.
For the past couple of years I’m having an itch to replace my wife’s i10 Automatic but like all gear heads there’s absolutely no sane reason to let it go because it does it’s job really well. That being said whenever we actually replace it, Honda City will be on top of the list for all good reasons. My father had a 4th gen and we truly enjoyed it for 3 year’s before moving to an Octavia. But Honda city always has a special place in our heart for the way it drives so I’m sure sooner or later it’s going to comeback again in our garage (I mean parking ).
Happy mile munching!
-VJ
vijay_jambu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 05:00   #104
BHPian

Is it ideal to upsize the tyres to 205/60/R15 on stock rims(V variant)?
Phukan23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 18:43   #105
BHPian

Need an opinion friends.

I am in lookout to buy a new car. Was earlier looking at CSUVs like Sonet, Ecosport etc, but then decided to checkout Honda City too. The VMT model fits into my budget, and is just marginally expensive than Sonet D1.5 HTX model (which I had shortlisted earlier).

I would be mostly using the car (90% of the times) within the city only. But, also will be taking out for vacations to the hills 2-3 times a year.

Honestly, I loved the car and the peppiness of the petrol MT engine. But, I'm bit concerned about two things: The ground clearance: How good or how bad is it? Will it be able to handle the broken roads?
woof is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks