Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2021, 21:17   #151
BHPian

Re: Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratjyo View Post
I too was afraid of the same beige fabric door pads,armrest and seats. So recently added the nappa leather covers. The steering was completed with nappa leather and alcantara combination. Below are some pics after the work.
It's looking good. Was this done in Chennai? If so, could you point me to the outlet?
For the doors, did they need to dismantle the whole panel or just the fabric covered portions?
Old 15th December 2021, 22:11   #152
BHPian

Yes. It was done in Chennai and yes they need to remove the entire plastic trim from the door. I didn’t see any issues or noises post fitting. Below is the place that you requested.

https://g.page/cetus-automotives-chennai?share
saratjyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 21:35   #153
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for not updating for a while. Was held up due to job change, personal matters etc. In fact couldn't find time to post in any other threads too until recently. The car has completed more than 12 months of ownership with me and the car is going strong as ever. I will post newer pictures soon. Towards the end of last month, my car went in for the 12 month / 1 year annual service on 28th November (Sunday). This was mainly oil change related and routine inspection. Have attached the docs below:

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-1.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-2.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-3.png

As of writing the car has completed only 4821 KMS. Yep, the new job too is work from home
TrackDay is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 07:51   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Sorry for not updating for a while. Was held up due to job change, personal matters etc. In fact couldn't find time to post in any other threads too until recently. The car has completed more than 12 months of ownership with me and the car is going strong as ever. I will post newer pictures soon. Towards the end of last month, my car went in for the 12 month / 1 year annual service on 28th November (Sunday). This was mainly oil change related and routine inspection. Have attached the docs below:

As of writing the car has completed only 4821 KMS. Yep, the new job too is work from home
What are the other charges apart from the bill? I see that additional amount was added to the total.

For our car, third service is due in April.
Old 26th December 2021, 22:18   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejack View Post
What are the other charges apart from the bill? I see that additional amount was added to the total.
Sorry I forgot to mention about that. It is for the road side assistance and had taken it for the second year term period when I gave the car for it's annual service.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 18:17   #156
Senior - BHPian

Sharing some pictures I had snapped recently on the car turning a year old.

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-3-1-face-2.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-3-2-front-1.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-3-3-front-2.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-3-4-face-1.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-4-1-rear.png
Got the car debadged a while back.

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-4-2-debadged.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-4-3-debadged-1.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-5-int-1.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-5-int-2.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-5-int-3.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-14vs-5.png
4th Gen and 5th Gen next to each other.

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-24vs-5-1.png

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-s-city.png
(The picture above is an older one)

Name:  scene 1.PNG
Views: 1104
Size:  1.18 MB
In the shade
TrackDay is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 13:47   #157

Re: Athena : 5th Gen Honda City

Hello Sir, Please confirm the specifications for the wallpaper. I have been trying so many combinations but nothing is working for me. Please guide and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Interiors:

The Cockpit of Supremacy as Honda prefers to call it. Everything is ergonomically placed and one can get used to it in no time ! The AC vent on both sides can be shut off, however not the ones in the center. Notice the piano black finish bar below display running along the passenger side. This comes in wooden finish on top variants.
Attachment 2110234

The front row seats with the center arm rest. The seats in the V Variant come in beige fabric and are super comfy. I recollect GTO's reference to how the Driver’s seat has fantastic lower-back support and how those with a weak back will appreciate this. Only pain is the seat color. But then you cant have black seats in a car like this.
By the way there is a seat belt warning chime for both the front seats. If you wish for leather upholstery seats go for the higher variant.
Attachment 2110235

The portion below the steering on the right side houses levers for releasing the bonnet as well as fuel lid. The boot lid lever comes below the drivers seat. Also note the height adjustable drivers seat with recline. Overall the levers feel built to last.
Attachment 2110236

Only driver seat height is adjustable. Shown in maximum height in the first and lowest in the second with respect to the passenger seat.
Attachment 2110237

The pedals are comfortably spaced with a dead pedal to rest that leg foot. . Footwells are illuminated in higher variants.
Attachment 2110383

Both the sun visors at the front come with Vanity mirrors. Yep on the V, IRVM is not auto. Buy the higher variants for a sunroof and auto IRVM.
Attachment 2110238

The steering :

The steering feels very good at driving response and has a feel good factor. Functions on the left involve the music/audio controls and also voice commands and telephone functions. The right side handles cruise control. Contours are on either side for placing thumbs. Paddle shifter are also present behind the steering.
Attachment 2110239

The wheel at night.
Attachment 2110240

Comes with tilt as well as telescopic adjustment (rake & reach adjustment)
Attachment 2110241

Notice the paddle shifters ! Other than bragging rights I have rarely used them! The rain wiper / water spray controls are on the left stalk. The right stalk houses external illumination, foglamps & Indicators. One touch/gentle tap on the indicator and they will blink 3 times. Put it into the slot, and they will blink till the turn is completed.
Attachment 2110242

Instrument Cluster:
The V variant comes with an analogue cluster. They are made up of two dials (RPM & Speed). There is a multi-information display in the center which will be explained next. A white light come on both ends before ignition. Upon driving they turn green. Don't know if it changes color at high speeds as I am still in the running-in period. There is a small warning chime at 80 km/hr. I am told there is one at 120 km/hr. too. Pressing the Start/Stop button without using the brake lever puts the car into accessory mode. All lights and warnings come on with the dials doing a full sweep. They disappear when the car is started. Higher variant get's a fully digital display here.
Attachment 2110243

The engine temperature is shown as a blue light on cold start. After a few seconds, when the engine is warm it goes away.
Attachment 2110550

The multi-Information display and Various modes explained. Kindly note time is always displayed at the top and outside temperature at the bottom. Also on both sides you have the Instant mileage and Fuel gauge with gear mode in-between. Here it is in Neutral. I would have appreciated an engine temperature dial instead of the mileage one though.
Attachment 2110244
The CVT City promises a mileage of 18.4 km/l and I have managed to get around the same or more on highways.
In City traffic condition it hovers around 12-14 km/l. All are in A/C full time.

Press on the +/- to adjust not only the instrument cluster brightness, but also the brightness of all the illuminated buttons and info inside the cabin. The brightness level is shown as circular points in the MID below the time.
Attachment 2110245

Back to the interiors:

The driver side cubby hole has a spring action & can be used to store tickets/change etc. Also notice the 1)TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring switch) 2. Headlamp level controller & 3) VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) switch. Notice the two blank slots. One can be used for Front parking sensors (official accessory). The other one can used for NOS Just kidding !
Attachment 2110247

Driver side door pad control unit. The V variant get auto window only for the driver window. The beige fabric is a stain magnet. Must get the wood trim later on.
Attachment 2110248

The gear lever with ECON mode button. Press the brake lever and pull the button in front of the lever to change gears. There is a slot ahead which I suppose is for the shift release. Kindly note that, when the lever is shifted into P, the car unlocks itself. I find this quite worrisome as I usually shift to P at red lights. I also tend to keep the lever in N or P whenever stationary.
Attachment 2110249

Bottle/Cup holder ahead of the gear lever can hold 600 ml bottles.
Attachment 2110250

Or a Pepsi can and your phone. Kindly note the illuminated area for power socket as well two USB charging points. The bottom one can used to connect your phone to the system (Android Auto /Apple Car Play) or To play music/video from your pen drive. Also notice a sunglass/mobile tray to it's right & below the HVAC controls.
Attachment 2110251

The touchscreen with automatic HVAC control illuminated at night. The A/C is a quick chiller and cools the airy cabin in no time ! Good to see Honda move away from the touch unit of the previous generation. The left dial when pressed will switch on the blower only. One can later press the A/C Button to it's right to activate cooling. Turn this knob clockwise instead and the blower will start along with the A/C. The center knob can used to route airflow. Notice the front windshield defogging and rear window defogging buttons. You can also precool the cabin Via the Honda connect App.

Else one can just press the auto button and leave it at that.
Attachment 2110252

Check out the color changing temperature dial. How cool is that !
Attachment 2110253

Basic illuminated Controls at night. The brightness can be reduced/increased using the instrument cluster +/- switch explained before. Touchscreen brightness is separate and has to be done through settings on the touchscreen.
Attachment 2110254

Touchscreen:

The opening Logo while the car is started. This can be customized. The touchscreen is the weakest part in an otherwise well rounded car. One can live with it though.
Attachment 2110256

I am not going into the ocean of options/ settings as there are way too many. It can do whatever basic things a modern system can do from playing music, FM/AM, Videos, Reverse display etc. The screen response is satisfactory. I will just go into only the basics.

The Home screen with wallpaper set from my pen drive. The iconic Ford GT40 in Gulf Livery.
Attachment 2110744

One can set the theme or upload wallpapers.
Attachment 2110257

The various music formats. From the files on my pen drive to FM/AM on the bottom right.
Attachment 2110745

The various settings in the menu. Two of the pictures are taken with the wallpaper set by me, while the other two are default Honda backgrounds. The reverse cam sub settings as shown on the bottom right can be used to preset camera angle. One can also change it during reverse action on the screen.
Attachment 2110746

Audio quality is pretty good and above average. No idea what the speaker brands are though. The V variant gets 4 speakers and they can adjusted via settings to focus on a particular seat. This really enhances the sound when your driving alone. The image on the right shows it currently re-centered at the middle. Drag it to the desired seat to focus on that seat alone.
Attachment 2110258
Car_Therapy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 18:13   #158
BHPian

Thanks @TrackDay for the excellent ownership review.
Me being a recent owner of V CVT, concur with each and every observation of yours.
The really agree with this one "A family member (passenger) told me he felt the journey to be more relaxed and composed in this car."
Yesterday we had a day trip to Vagamon (twisty roads). My wife and mom both have motion sickness. But after the trip both of them told me that they didn't feel a thing, both were fresh after the journey.
Also the brakes don't inspire the same confidence as my Etios Liva which I sold.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2024, 11:29   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Therapy View Post
Hello Sir, Please confirm the specifications for the wallpaper. I have been trying so many combinations but nothing is working for me. Please guide and help.
Hi,

It's been around 3 or 4 years, so don't remember how I exactly did it. But if memory serves me right, think I downloaded images in various formats and sizes on to my pen drive. Out of the ones that the system could detect, I selected a suitable one.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 17:11   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car_Therapy View Post
It has been years since I tried wallpapers, and here are the specs I saved back then:

800 x 400 exact pixel size
filename < 64 char
must be in root-folder
The individual file size limit is 2 MB
The maximum image size is 1,920 x 936 pixels
manim is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks