Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2021, 10:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review

Congratulations on the new car mate. And that’s a pretty detailed review

Mind sharing what sort of deal you got? My neighbour just picked this up last week, longitude (O) variant and he got around 1L off AFAIK. He took insurance from dealer.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 11:23   #17
BHPian

Hi Sharan, great review and thank you for covering Petrol AT as it is less popular variant. I am quite interested in the car and have narrowed by queries/concerns to following 2:

1) Future of Jeep in India. Even though they have been selling 1,000 cars on an average, its not much and I believe that volumes are more so on account of export of RHD variant. They have been bit slow in launching products in India and Meridian could be the real second mass offering in India. The issue is even higher as Jeep does not have its own manufacturing plant but a JV plant which it co-owns with Tata (in Ranjangaon). To that extent, if theoretically they were to shut the shop, it might be slightly easier than GM and Ford. I know this is more of a conceptual point and we may never know the reality. Stellantis' recent launch of Citroen in India gives some peace of mind, but one may never know. Hence, the doubt.

2) Rattling noise. It appears that facelift version has some technical issue somewhere (and ideally it should be in center console as it is the major change in the facelift) which results in rattling noise in different parts (including B pillar etc.) of the car and social media is flooded with negative feedback on it. I just want opinion of fellow members if this issue is variant specific as lot of users of Model S (which I am keen to buy) have complaints about this issue. Hence, just wanted to check if this issue is not there in other variants and in such case I can consider Limited, but I am not keen to buy Sports and Longitude variant from safety standpoint as I want 6 airbags in the car.

Any help and feedback on these points will be highly appreciated. Thanks
youknowitbetter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 10:52   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride man. Compass is the best all rounder out there. Wishing you lakhs of kms
noufal.ps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 11:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Congratulations Sharan !!
... I have booked 1.4 limited due for delivery by Nov end.
Does the petrol variant too have rattle issues ( heard like we get it usually in first 100 kms itself ). Did u notice anything.
No rattling so far, also its new, will definitely update if I face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Congratulations on the new car mate. And that’s a pretty detailed review

... My neighbor just picked this up last week, longitude (O) variant and he got around 1L off AFAIK. He took insurance from dealer.
It was less than 1L, did your neighbor bought Diesel, Diesel has got 1L discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi Sharan, great review and thank you for covering Petrol AT as it is less popular variant. I am quite interested in the car and have narrowed by queries/concerns to following 2:

1) Future of Jeep in India. .....

2) Rattling noise. It appears that facelift version has some technical issue somewhere .....
1) Future - As its premium brand, current sales figures are good for survival, how long? no idea, cant guess.
2) Rattling noise - I too saw few reports of the same online, haven't faced so far, will update if I face.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 11:39   #20
Team-BHP Support

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed reviews of cars that don't have an official review have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also gone here. Thank you so much for sharing .

My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review-jeep.png
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 16:12   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
...and can be reasonably fuel efficient. It is perhaps the most dynamically sorted car this side of 40 lakhs, and the Longitude with 17 inch rims (i hope?) rides better than the 18 inchers too. With regards to fuel efficiency= your ranges are bang on. ....
Yes 17-inch wheels are better in terms of ride quality, I hate bigger wheels, not practical for Indian roads, any reason you sold your car? did you face any rattling issues
Old 15th November 2021, 19:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
Yes 17-inch wheels are better in terms of ride quality, I hate bigger wheels, not practical for Indian roads, any reason you sold your car? did you face any rattling issues
Not a single rattle in over 21000 kms of usage. I too opted for erstwhile Limited variant that had 17 inchers.

I sold off because i needed more space. We are doing long distance trips with extended family, and the Compass was coming up short in both passenger and luggage space. Frankly, that, and inconsistent AC performance are the only bugbears in an otherwise phenomenal car.

There is no perfect car out there. But for a small family, the Compass though is closest to perfection.

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 15th November 2021 at 19:15.
achyutaghosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 07:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
I sold off because i needed more space. We are doing long distance trips with extended family, and the Compass was coming up short in both passenger and luggage space. Frankly, that, and inconsistent AC performance are the only bugbears in an otherwise phenomenal
I am considering Compass but family had exactly same concerns, may I ask which car you upgraded to ? Thanks.
ScorpWarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 09:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
may I ask which car you upgraded to ? Thanks.
We changed to a Toyota Fortuner.
Old 16th November 2021, 20:25   #25
BHPian

Re: 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Congratulations, @sharan_si for a wonderful ownership account with many fine points captured. Here are my observations:

1. The car, the colour, the exterior and interiors look outstanding; probably the owner looks the same too.
It is nice to see proportionate round analog dials for the speedo and the tacho that look just right.
2. The kind of FE you've mentioned on highways is quite reassuring for this engine.....

You summed up nicely, sems like you know the car very well.
Old 16th November 2021, 22:59   #26
BHPian

I found that Jeep uses timing belt instead of timing chain to reduce the engine noise. I took a test drive and vehicle is really silent but not nimble like the diesel mill. Not many options left as Seltos could not achieve 5 star crash rating and Creta not available for immediate delivery.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 12:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
It was less than 1L, did your neighbor bought Diesel, Diesel has got 1L discount.
No he got the Petrol DCT longitude (O).
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 12:23   #28
BHPian

Very well written review. I have been thinking of putting my review of the Longitude (O) 1.4 DDCT for ages now and it's still in draft mode. Hats off to you for taking out the time for such a detailed review.
It's a great car, especially for highway runs. Wishing you many years of ownership with this one... and hoping there's enough support from Stellantis for this model for at least a decade.
Quoter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 16:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
Very well written review. I have been thinking of putting my review of the Longitude (O) 1.4 DDCT for ages now and it's still in draft mode. Hats off to you for taking out the time for such a detailed review.
Thanks, how long have you been using it, have you faced any issues so far. What's the mileage you are getting .
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 16:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
I found that Jeep uses timing belt instead of timing chain to reduce the engine noise. I took a test drive and vehicle is really silent but not nimble like the diesel mill. Not many options left as Seltos could not achieve 5 star crash rating and Creta not available for immediate delivery.
If you are looking at GNCAP tested cars then you only have the XUV7OO or Thar as an option if you are not looking at Seltos.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks