Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2022, 22:17   #61

Re: My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review

Congratulations, @sharan_si!!!
Very nicely written review. Detailed, fact filled, yet engaging!
I am considering to buy Jeep Compass this year. I am sure if buying the AT model. I have read many posts that say that diesel is hands down better than petrol, but everybody also mentioned that the AT in diesel is highly overpriced and doesn't feel great also. I wanted to understand from you how to decide on the fuel type for Jeep Compass.
ronnie1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 13:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie1985 View Post
Congratulations, @sharan_si!!!
Very nicely written review. Detailed, fact filled, yet engaging!
I am considering to buy Jeep Compass this year. I am sure if buying the AT model. I have read many posts that say that diesel is hands down better than petrol, but everybody also mentioned that the AT in diesel is highly overpriced and doesn't feel great also. I wanted to understand from you how to decide on the fuel type for Jeep Compass.
If AT is must for you then petrol is VFM, but city mileage of petrol single digit most of the time, diesel manual is practical if AT is not a requirement, also diesel mileage is terrific in both city and highway, only downside in diesel is clutch seems to have issue, either it needs be replaced quickly or it becomes heavy.
sharan_si is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 11:00   #63
BHPian

Hello sharan_si....please can we have an update on your ownership so far especially wrt mileage and any issues....thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 20:29   #64

Hello
I own JC 2021 facelift petrol AT “S”. I have experienced around 10-11 kmpl in Hyderabad traffic(lucky me!). This is from tank to tank method. The Jeep ppl are confident of it increasing further as the odo reaches around 5k. Hoping for the best.
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Hello sharan_si....please can we have an update on your ownership so far especially wrt mileage and any issues....thanks
I recently did 3 days 650km trip, I got around 11.8 (city 25% and
75 %highway), even the highway had good amount of traffic ( Mysore Road)
Old 2nd February 2022, 12:20   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deva_shifu View Post
Hello
I own JC 2021 facelift petrol AT “S”. I have experienced around 10-11 kmpl in Hyderabad traffic(lucky me!). This is from tank to tank method. The Jeep ppl are confident of it increasing further as the odo reaches around 5k. Hoping for the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
I recently did 3 days 650km trip, I got around 11.8 (city 25% and
75 %highway), even the highway had good amount of traffic ( Mysore Road)
Good to see such excellent fuel efficiency numbers from real users. This will only rise as you get to know your vehicle better. You are helping break the myth that the Compass petrol is not fuel efficient. In its power (160+ bhp) and weight (1600+ kgs) category, it may be among the most efficient turbo petrols out there
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 15:07   #67
BHPian

Thanks sharan_si and deva_shifu for the mileage info. Actually, I feel the Compass petrol is very sensitive to driving style, more so than other turbo petrols.
Any notable issues you have faced in your ownership so far?
Old 2nd February 2022, 15:44   #68

Quote:
Thanks sharan_si and deva_shifu for the mileage info. Actually, I feel the Compass petrol is very sensitive to driving style, more so than other turbo petrols.
Welcome sir. Yes I do agree with you in totality. Most of my driving has been consciously light footed. No notable issues till now. I was worried for the rattling but haven’t faced anything yet thankfully. And this is after we had a drive on some really bad roads in a one of the trips.
Old 2nd February 2022, 15:44   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I started noticing light rattles from door and dashboard, they are coming on bad road and they are not loud enough to take to service centre and fix it as of now, due to pandemic I'm not driving the car regularly, need to see if rattle issue aggravates.
Old 2nd February 2022, 18:08   #70
BHPian

Thanks once again sharan_si for this info. How bad is the rattle? Unfortunately, this seems to be quite common amongst FCA cars which include the Palio (which I owned) and the Linea. Wondering whether it is a design or QC issue.
Old 2nd February 2022, 19:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks once again sharan_si for this info. How bad is the rattle? Unfortunately, this seems to be quite common amongst FCA cars which include the Palio (which I owned) and the Linea. Wondering whether it is a design or QC issue.
its minute, but afraid of giving it to service center, as many people complained that it became worse after removing and refitting the panels.
Old 21st February 2022, 14:22   #72
BHPian

Just got a new Jeep Compass Petrol auto Model S. Have just driven ~100kms. Planning for a 2000kms trip soon with family.

No rattling noise so far but have already seen some issues with the infotainment system. May be all of it are not issues rather my lack of knowledge of how to configure and save settings etc.

- The infotainment system does not start every time automatically when you start the car
- Auto start stop - does not save the last settings
- This is for sure an issue - Memory settings for front seats not working - Dealership says its an software issue but does not look like an as in night these switches are not glowing

And the interesting thing - Kitna deti hai - Initially it was showing a mileage of 7.5 km/Ltr but it changed to 10.5 km/Ltr once I reset the tyre pressure to 35/32 which is the recommended level from 44 psi in all filled by dealership.

Still discovering many things but from XUV to Compass - I am enjoying the improved overall dynamics of the vehicle.

Any input on these observations from experienced users will be very helpful !
pgupta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 21:43   #73
BHPian

Hi Sharan,
Does this automatic variant have hill start assist too? Have you tried it on anytime on slopes?
Old 9th March 2022, 11:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Hi Sharan,
Does this automatic variant have hill start assist too? Have you tried it on anytime on slopes?
Yes, it has hill assist.
Old 12th March 2022, 16:25   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Just got a new Jeep Compass Petrol auto Model S.

And the interesting thing - Kitna deti hai - Initially it was showing a mileage of 7.5 km/Ltr but it changed to 10.5 km/Ltr once I reset the tyre pressure to 35/32 which is the recommended level from 44 psi in all filled by dealership.

Any input on these observations from experienced users will be very helpful !
That's excellent fuel figures for a vehicle of this size . My wife's Honda Brio automatic gives 10kmpl Thanks for sharing these figures. It will help prospective buyers like me.

Most Viewed