Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2022, 21:34   #121
BHPian

Re: My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
This must be weight sensor issue or a software bug.
Yes, jeep called for a feedback on the car and I mentioned about it. The next day I received a call from the service workshop. Planning to take my car for a quick checkup in a week or two.

Another strange thing happened today. I stopped my car at a long traffic signal. Switched the ignition off and immediate turned the key to on position (not the ignition), but the ignition got started. After that, the instrument cluster briefly showed 'oil pressure low' and everything was back to normal driving. But the auto start/stop did not work for the rest of the journey! (Though I didn't turn it off; kept it on at default)

Once I stopped again later to run to some shop and came back, started off in the car, and all was as it was. No more message on cluster and auto start/stop worked as usual.
Old 15th July 2022, 17:06   #122
BHPian

Took my Compass to the ASC to get the seat belt warning problem checked. The advisor did a quick test drive, and Thank God that the seat belt chime was on while there was no one on the front passenger seat (beside driver seat).

The advisor simply checked on the couplers (there are two; one yellow, another gray) underneath the front passenger seat, opened them up and re-fixed them. May be, they became loose when I got the seat covers done for my car. The problem went away for now. Touchwood. He did inform me that for older cars, the load sensor may go bad causing this problem.

Asked for the extended warranty; it comes for Rs.30000 for Sport (if taken within 365 days of purchase). Within 60 days, it would be 26000, but I did not take it yet. Will have some time to buy it now.

About the Celica ASC in Kolkata - the advisors and staffs are very cordial, listens to problems, responsive and attends on time as well. Pressure is high as this is the only one in Kolkata, hence takes time to move the queue. The assigned advisor, however, always pays attention and gives updates on what's going on. Customers are not allowed to go into the workshop floor, however the advisor took me there briefly. Quite big and the bays are well equipped.

Compasses everywhere! Except for a Fiat 500, a Punto, a Linea and a Grand Cherokee being the exceptions. Last time I went there (during PDI), saw a Skoda Kodiaq in the queue.
car-go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 21:09   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-go View Post
Took my Compass to the ASC to get the seat belt warning problem checked.

The advisor simply checked on the couplers (there are two; one yellow, another gray) underneath the front passenger seat, opened them up and re-fixed them. May be, they became loose .
I too tightened this today, Issue is it sometimes comes out of fastener and hangs loose.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:52   #124

I test drove Seltos, Creata and Compass through the famous bangalore pot holes. Personally I found the suspension on the jeep to be the most plush amongst the three, in terms of absorbing the bumps.

Question: I am kind of confused as most reviews say that Jeep suspension is stiff at low speeds. Some even say Creta etc. are better.

Is it just me, or am I missing something?
Old 28th August 2022, 20:11   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky_Biker View Post
I test drove Seltos, Creata and Compass through the famous bangalore pot holes. Personally I found the suspension on the jeep to be the most plush amongst the three, in terms of absorbing the bumps.

Question: I am kind of confused as most reviews say that Jeep suspension is stiff at low speeds. Some even say Creta etc. are better.

Is it just me, or am I missing something?
Jeep suspension is slightly on stiffer side, I haven't driven Creta so cant compare, definitely comfortable in city speeds.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 20:19   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Jeep suspension is slightly on stiffer side, I haven't driven Creta so cant compare, definitely comfortable in city speeds.
Hello sharan, I own a diesel Duster 110ps AMT at present, booked Toyota Hyryder Strong Hybrid & waiting (I am not hopeful of taking it due to small boot), want to decide after the test drive.

Since you owned Duster before, I wanted your feedback on ride quality of Compass compared to Duster and also the maintenance compared to Duster, thank you.
Old 20th September 2022, 20:35   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Hello sharan, I own a diesel Duster 110ps AMT at present, booked Toyota Hyryder Strong Hybrid & waiting (I am not hopeful of taking it due to small boot), want to decide after the test drive.

Since you owned Duster before, I wanted your feedback on ride quality of Compass compared to Duster and also the maintenance compared to Duster, thank you.
Duster is better in terms of ride quality esp on bad roads, Jeep is very stable on highway, minimal to no body roll and stays planted on road. Can't comment on maintenance as car is new. In long run definitely duster is easy to maintain car.
sharan_si is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 21:54   #128
BHPian

Hi Sharan, where did you get the bumper corner guards? They seem to be quite thick and rugged.
Old 16th October 2022, 15:47   #129
BHPian

Congratulations Sharan. It looks stunning in red. Nice detailed review. Really helped me finalise the Jeep over others.

This is an open question to anyone who has considered buying a used Jeep Compass or anyone who can guide me -
I am on the lookout for a used Compass Petrol AT. This will be for my wife and the running will be barely 1000kms per month. Hence Diesel is out of question.

I have come across two used ones -
2020, 12k run, in warranty, Quoted 21L
2019, 45k run, Quoted 19L
Both are top end petrol automatics.

Test drove both the cars and both are quite good. The 2020 one obviously is little better since its less run. But my confusion is what is a fair price for a used Compass? I see a lot of ads quoted much lesser (obviously they are manual, petrol etc). Can someone who has bought a used compass recently or gone through the grind please help me with this?
Old 27th October 2022, 17:10   #130
BHPian

Quote:
• 1.4 Multiair Petrol churns out 163 Bhp, plenty of power on tap, offers outright performance.
• Exceptional handling, sharp dynamics, strong brakes, and solid high-speed stability, Jeep Compass deserves a full 5 stars in this department.
• Solid build quality, strong chassis, built like a vault, follows the Jeep's legacy. Definitely a safe car.
Hi Sharan - belated congratulations on your Compass, and wishing you many many happy kilometers! There aren't many comprehensive, unbiased reviews of the Compass Petrol (Longitude or Sport trim) - so really appreciate you taking the time and effort to pen this review, as well as answering all the questions since last year.

I am looking to jump to the SUV bandwagon, and the only affordable (barely so), available (I am looking at you, XUV 700 and Scorpio N), capable and modern, well built (build quality seems top notch, although not crash tested) option seems to be the Compass. Other options being considered are the VAG "Crossover" twins due to the 5* safety rating from GNCAP.

Torn between the Petrol and the Diesel engines, but have some clarity now from your thread in terms of what the Petrol variant offers in the longer term. Much has been made of the sub-par performance of the Petrol engine, however, I test drove the DDCT + Petrol combo in city traffic and relatively open road, and it seems to be good enough for what I expect. Mileage is on the lower side, but then, I'm not getting any stellar figures from my i20 N Line DCT either. The DDCT, in outright performance terms, isn't the DSG or even Hyundai DCT, but then, I felt that it does well for what the Compass is supposed to be - an SUV.

My question to you (and other folks on this thread who have the Petrol + DDCT) - how is the long term reliability of the unit? Did you face any challenges or niggles? This will really help me with the decision making. Thanks in advance.
Old 28th October 2022, 13:16   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
Hi Sharan - belated congratulations on your Compass, ....

My question to you (and other folks on this thread who have the Petrol + DDCT) - how is the long term reliability of the unit? Did you face any challenges or niggles? This will really help me with the decision making. Thanks in advance.
Thanks, I haven't heard DCT failures in Jeep compass so far, haven't faced it myself.
Don't expect good mileage in city, highway figures are respectable.

I am curious to know the City mileage of your I20 DCT.
sharan_si is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 23:33   #132
BHPian

Quote:
I am curious to know the City mileage of your I20 DCT.
I'm getting a princely 8-9 Kmpl mileage in Bangalore these days.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 19:22   #133
BHPian

Got my first service/ inspection done on my Compass Sport Petrol DCT. The bill was Rs.459/- which included normal services/ top-ups (termed in the bill under "Jeep consumables") and software updates. The couplers were tightened (was facing the seat belt warning issue on front co-passenger seat; mentioned in an earlier post) and sensor changed (under warranty).

Also bought the extended warranty this time. 5 yrs | 1 lakh km - came for Rs.30,000/-
So another 2 yrs added to the standard 3 yrs given during time of purchase.

Distance driven till now - 2867 km
Average mileage - 9.2 kmpl
car-go is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 20:09   #134
BHPian

Since 2-3 weeks, I was finding the rear left wheel losing air pressure a bit faster than usual; not very fast, but in 2-3 days' span, it was losing 1 psi. My TPMS gave me the warning as soon as it reached 29. I was filling it up and driving on.'

Suspected it to be a puncture, so went to the mechanic at the New Town IOCL petrol pump premises. To my apprehension, it was a puncture indeed! The mechanic gave me two options - do it from outside (which I can also do using the kit), or open up the tyre and fix it from inside (applying gum patch) which ensures better longevity. The first option for Rs.80 and second one Rs.250. I got it done from inside. Good that they had the machine to open it up, else manually its quite an effort and time consuming.

Now while the wheel was taken out, the hub showed to be quite rusted (was not expecting this in my 7 months old car). The mechanic suggested me to clean and grease them up for all four wheels, to ensure better maintenance going forward. I agreed.

My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review-imginitial.jpg

For every hub, first the polishing using a metal-bristled brush.

My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review-imgbrushing.jpg

Followed by applying grease.

My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review-imggreasing.jpg

All set for now.
car-go is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 15:00   #135

Great review and posts ! I’m getting my Petrol Model S next week week. Has anyone gone for the 3 years maintenance/service package for the Petrol model ? Any suggestions if I need to get it ?!
karthikpillai is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks