Team-BHP - My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/32640-my-bull-tata-safari-dicor-2-2-vtt-lx-booked-bought-now-reclaiming-my-life-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 828924)
I think the Diesel filter needs to be changed at 30K and not 15K. Can you look in the manual and confirm?

That is correct, at least for the 3.0 litre; my beast had its first fuel filter change at 30k - that's why the 30k service is more expensive than the earlier ones.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 828898)
diesel engine oil ch4 - 15w40 castrol GTX - 6.5 lts

Is it 6.5 ? The manual says 7.5

Thanks,
rb2399

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 828939)
My TASC suggests fuel filter change every 20,000 kms.
They dont carry CI-4 currently.So, I've picked up 8 litres of GTX-diesel.
At my oil store,I noticed a 5 litre can of Mobil Delvac MX (CI-4)for Rs.880 and they also stock a 15 litre bucket of the Mobil. Should be good for two changes.
TATA has suggested an oil interval of 7500 kms for safaris running in heavy city traffic, desert/dusty conditions and hilly terrain. So, my first oil change should be at 2500 kms(voluntary). My second should be at 7500 kms. The third and every consecutive on should be at the next 7500 kms.

Mobil Delvac MX also comes in a 7.5 ltr bucket which I use for my 2.2.
Alternatively,Mobil has come up with a "Mobil Super 1000 - API CH-4" which is approved by Tata Motors.It's available in 4.5 & 1 ltr packs.

Think I have spent more by changing the filter without any need due to the goof up in the manual.Anyhow its good for my bull and shall be carefull from now.

Atleast other 2.2 owners dosent fall prey to this goof up

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb2399 (Post 829945)
Is it 6.5 ? The manual says 7.5

Thanks,
rb2399

Yes, the cpacity is max 7.5litres and min 5.5litres.
But only 6.5lts has been changed/filled and billed accordingly.

Today i came home early,we started at 8:00p.m went to temple then we went for domino's pizza on ringroad for dinner(my daughter,wife and me) and then to koramangala for juice and then we took a drive in the ringroad towards whitefield and were driving back home at 11 in the night.when i reached the sarjapura road junction the traffic signal was red and i stopped my BUll behind a tavera(cab).when the green light was on The Tavera started to come in reverse.I was :Shockked: and almost stood on the horn.But invain the Tavera came and hit MY BULL.I got wild and was about to jump out of my BULL to teach the cabbie a lesson,But my wife stopped me and the thread(rowdies in bangalore) in Team-BHP stopped me to.I was feeling very bad.But the tavera started pulling front and moved and i saw a dent in the Tavera's bumper.I was totally feeling bad.I went and overtook the Tavera and started going slow before him and when i saw inside i can see the driver's head hanging looks he was fully drunk.I pulled my Bull and drove home as per my wife's advise at HSR layout and jumped out and saw my bull in the front.

WOW......Nothing happened my BULL guard saved My BUll:). I was very happy that i had the BULL guard in MY BULL.

I pity the software company which has attached this TAVERA.

Srini,

Good that you did not get into a confrontation with that guy, especially since he was drunk!

And good that your BULL gave him what he deserved! :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 832876)
Srini,

Good that you did not get into a confrontation with that guy, especially since he was drunk!

And good that your BULL gave him what he deserved! :-)

Yes,I was happy that way cheers:

yeah! the bullguard does help you prevent such hits but acts totally opposite in head-on's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 833123)
yeah! the bullguard does help you prevent such hits but acts totally opposite in head-on's.

can you advise me about this,I could not get you properly.

In simple terms, by putting the bull guard, you are negating the Crumple zones provided.

In case of a hard hit, the shock will be more(as no crumpling will happen) and can damage the suspension/ chasis etc.

The crumple zones also absorb the shock so as to safeguard the occupants.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 833142)
can you advise me about this,I could not get you properly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 833149)
In simple terms, by putting the bull guard, you are negating the Crumple zones provided.

In case of a hard hit, the shock will be more(as no crumpling will happen) and can damage the suspension/ chasis etc.

The crumple zones also absorb the shock so as to safeguard the occupants.

Thank you DADU,
I have not put a thought about it before in this aspect. I pray nothing happens like HEAD ONs and I shall be better careful in my driving too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb2399 (Post 829951)
Mobil Delvac MX also comes in a 7.5 ltr bucket which I use for my 2.2.

Lovely.How much did the bucket cost? We would love a review of the Delvac MX if you can still feel positive differences(if any) about 2000kms or so after the oil change.
Quote:

Alternatively,Mobil has come up with a "Mobil Super 1000 - API CH-4" which is approved by Tata Motors.It's available in 4.5 & 1 ltr packs.
4.5L pack must be for the Indica DICOR customers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...light=bull+bar ther!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 834030)
Lovely.How much did the bucket cost? We would love a review of the Delvac MX if you can still feel positive differences(if any) about 2000kms or so after the oil change.

4.5L pack must be for the Indica DICOR customers.

The bucket costs ~ 1400 Rs. I've been using Delvac MX for nearly two years and I think it's the best thing that comes close to a Synthetic alternative.I've tried Castrol GTX Diesel earlier,but I think Delvac MX is better than GTX Diesel.
Yet to experiment with Delo 400 from Chevron.
Do try it for yourself,won't harm :)

Thanks,
rb2399