Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/32640-my-bull-tata-safari-dicor-2-2-vtt-lx-booked-bought-now-reclaiming-my-life-11.html)

HappyWheels 12th April 2008 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 793298)
Let me try,
But,have a commitment already and I have to take my client for a dinner.

That would be a difficult one to get out from - unless, unless your client is also a vehicle freak, then you can get that person also to the meet! :)

bglsrini 12th April 2008 12:18

I know,but my client is not much into vehicles.

Jammy70 12th April 2008 13:54

Srini, cool. will look forward to it.

JK, read about your wheel spins; I was in TVM around the time you were trying it - missed a live demo! :-)

bglsrini 5th May 2008 13:19

Happily done 14560 km in my BULL
 
Hi,
I have successfully done 14560km and hopefully will be completing my 15000km mark this weekend.Then I have to get my 2nd service done.

Iam very happy with my BULL.It has given me full support and not much problems.I am get getting 10.5kmpl consistently.

Recently the following problems were noticed:
1.The clutch pedal had become slightly harder.
2.For the last one week while accelerating and the rpm crosses 1600,I here a hisssssing noise and feel the power is slightly lost and when the speed is constant then the noise lessens or vanishes.

Please suggest me what are the other things to be done apart from the regular service and advise me why the hissing noise is comming.
regards
srinivas.

jkdas 5th May 2008 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 818940)
Hi,
I have successfully done 14560km and hopefully will be completing my

I am get getting 10.5kmpl consistently.

Recently the following problems were noticed:
1.The clutch pedal had become slightly harder.
2.For the last one week while accelerating and the rpm crosses 1600,I here a hisssssing noise and feel the power is slightly lost and when the speed is constant then the noise lessens or vanishes.

srinivas.

hissing? till what rpm?

bglsrini 5th May 2008 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 819097)
hissing? till what rpm?

Its till the vechile meets the speed of acceleration given.When it attains the speed and in constant,the noise is not there.

jkdas 5th May 2008 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 819129)
Its till the vechile meets the speed of acceleration given.When it attains the speed and in constant,the noise is not there.

1800-2200rpm? Kind of?

And it happens mostly in 3rd gear when you accelerate fast?

bglsrini 5th May 2008 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 819132)
1800-2200rpm? Kind of?

And it happens mostly in 3rd gear when you accelerate fast?

yes thats right.........

Zappo 5th May 2008 16:01

You sure you are not listening to that addictive Turbo whistle? :D

m3_07 5th May 2008 16:15

friends a question..

I remember someone mentioning this last time too, as when you drive over 100Kmph, you will hear the sound of wind (i dunno where it gets in & out). I have been experiencing this pretty badly. Any of you have similar experiences please??

simply_sunny001 5th May 2008 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3_07 (Post 819195)
friends a question..

I remember someone mentioning this last time too, as when you drive over 100Kmph, you will hear the sound of wind (i dunno where it gets in & out). I have been experiencing this pretty badly. Any of you have similar experiences please??

i have been facing this issue since quite long in my 3.0L.

Side mirrors are adding to the wind noise and around 140 its hell too much that you feel like slowing down.

but cannot drive the beast without Side mirrors.

as usual TASS couldnt find a solution. :Frustrati

i will also be happy alongwith m3_07 if someone can suggest a solution to this.

jkdas 5th May 2008 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 819165)
yes thats right.........

I have video,will try to post once I confirm that the sound is audible in the video.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 819173)
You sure you are not listening to that addictive Turbo whistle? :D

No sirji,not the whistle and moreover its not that loud like in Scorp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 819248)
i have been facing this issue since quite long in my 3.0L.

Side mirrors are adding to the wind noise and around 140 its hell too much that you feel like slowing down.

but cannot drive the beast without Side mirrors.

as usual TASS couldnt find a solution. :Frustrati

i will also be happy alongwith m3_07 if someone can suggest a solution to this.

Elephant mirrors!

Need a redesign, maybe the one like in Evos:D

bglsrini 5th May 2008 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 819173)
You sure you are not listening to that addictive Turbo whistle? :D

hey,its not the turbo whistle.


The wind noise over 100/120km is different from what i was saying here.But,I have also not got a solution for windnoise at high speeds.

whatcanthisbe 5th May 2008 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 819248)
i have been facing this issue since quite long in my 3.0L.

Side mirrors are adding to the wind noise and around 140 its hell too much that you feel like slowing down.

but cannot drive the beast without Side mirrors.

as usual TASS couldnt find a solution. :Frustrati

i will also be happy alongwith m3_07 if someone can suggest a solution to this.

It isn't the mirrors or rubber seal, i checked this the day i got the safari, i drove it from Chandigarh to Delhi and experienced the same thing folded the mirrors and everything but still the noise is there

simply_sunny001 5th May 2008 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe (Post 819455)
It isn't the mirrors or rubber seal, i checked this the day i got the safari, i drove it from Chandigarh to Delhi and experienced the same thing folded the mirrors and everything but still the noise is there

SRVMs do contribute to this but the main noise is wind entering from somewhere and i cant find it.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:53.