Team-BHP - My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Bull - TATA SAFARI Dicor 2.2 VTT Lx - Booked, Bought and Now Reclaiming my life! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/32640-my-bull-tata-safari-dicor-2-2-vtt-lx-booked-bought-now-reclaiming-my-life-8.html)

Does the hood deflector have any other function or is it just for the looks?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 783398)
Hey,
I dont know about the colours but it should be available,Its Polycorbonate one and it has clamps to fix.No disturbance/damage to the bonnet.

The person told me carry boy is OEM supplier for TATA.

Hey a lot of congrats for this totally decked up LX - must be the ultimate LX model out here in this country, now do that long distance trip.

Quote:

Does the hood deflector have any other function or is it just for the looks?

Quote:

A deflector to deflect oncoming wind rocks and bugs by diverting the wind which is associated with rocks, bugs, and other debris instead of heading for the hood and windshield of a vehicle, and diverts these nuisances up and away from the vehicle's body. The deflector attaches to the front of a car, truck, sport utility vehicle (SUV), or any other type of vehicle that is prone to oncoming debris. The deflector includes a wing and a pair of pillars connecting the wing to a wind tunnel portion. Air directed through the air passageway formed between the wing and the wind tunnel portion is accelerated and is directed upwardly to deflect debris.
And then you also have the kamikaze bugs that go to radiator and/or get stuck on the radiator guard net - these you can't prevent. You do have to take them out manually and/or have the radiator cleaned through pressured air, if inspection demands so.

Can you post the contact details pls. Seems good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bglsrini (Post 783398)
Hey,
I dont know about the colours but it should be available,Its Polycorbonate one and it has clamps to fix.No disturbance/damage to the bonnet.

The person told me carry boy is OEM supplier for TATA.

Hi Dadu,
Anil,Hot Tracks - 080-22213179.He said he is the dealer for carryboy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 783473)
Can you post the contact details pls. Seems good.

Dadu:

You can also enquire at the TM dealership. www.safariDicor.com lists Hood Reflector as available accessory.

I bought the sensors and car cover (a little costly) from the dealership. The cover is in my safari Colour (Cycus Grey). Me very pleased clap:.

happy to know a bhpian with cycus grey. Same here brother.

Srini,

Your ride looks cool! :-)

But with respect to the deflector, I think that your guard might be playing havoc with the air stream. Don't you think so?

Not that we are trying to get perfectly aero dynamic here but just my 2paise.

Hi,
MY BUll ...................:)

Hi,
I like my bull so much and i wanted it to look best tooo.Now Iam enjoying it

is this 'Photo of the Bull in Ooty'?

needless to say - He rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my friend, your Bull looks great. Neat shot.

Yes HappyWheels.
Some More..............
Best of my Bull in ooty.............................:)
iam enjoying it and shall post more pictures to be taken on way back to bangalore tomorrow.

The last picture is the class of all clap:I the can feel My Bull touching the clouds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 785643)
my friend, your Bull looks great. Neat shot.

Thanx Jkdas,
I have added more picture of MY BULL and Iam enjoying Posting them here.Thanks for all the BHPians support.

Absolutely menacing srini. Full 10 marks for the looks. BTW I cant stop myself now, whats with that scoop like thingy on the bonnet ?

Whats the intended use ?

Hi rjstyles69,
Its a hood deflector......u can find its use above in the thread answered by BHpian ADC