Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 22:38   #136
Senior - BHPian

IS that your car. Very nice angle.

But where are the side indicators that come above the 100 16V badge??
Old 14th August 2009, 22:58   #137
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gemi, yea its my car even am wondering why there is no indicator on the badge guess the 2002 dint have 1?

JVH, i thinki i confused you, the gear shift was very rusty due to the cables...after lubricating it feels good. When releasing the clutch it was making a kind of noise this was due to the bearing...hope i answered your ques
Old 14th August 2009, 23:04   #138
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post

JVH, i thinki i confused you, the gear shift was very rusty due to the cables...after lubricating it feels good. When releasing the clutch it was making a kind of noise this was due to the bearing...hope i answered your ques
Got it! Thanks!

Happy birthday to you BTW! What a coincidence - Adventure anniversary and your birthday!
Old 14th August 2009, 23:13   #139
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy

Yea last year i made sure i got it on my b,day
Old 15th August 2009, 10:28   #140
Senior - BHPian

belated happy birthday to you and to your adventure

is that a recent pic?
Old 15th August 2009, 14:47   #141
Senior - BHPian

Belated Happy Anniversary and Happy B'day!

The Palio's came without side indicator which were later added in the Palio NV in 2003. As yours is a 2002 model, hence no side indicators.

Cheers
Old 15th August 2009, 19:19   #142
Senior - BHPian

Planet & Mile thanks for the wishes

Planet its few months old pic...
Old 15th August 2009, 22:28   #143
BHPian

I lived with the beast for 3 years, couldn;t buy anything but another FIAT

Hey! I had the adventure with me for 3 years. Just sold it a week back after driving it close to 44,000kms in 3 years. Awsome car. The driving position, high speed stability and suspension is unmacthed. I couldn't buy anything but another FIAT. I have gone for a Linea. Though I know that the power is a tad lower, but the ride and suspention in the Linea is class leading. Enjoy the beast. Its a product made of Indian roads.
Old 16th August 2009, 12:11   #144
Senior - BHPian

hey omar, thats sad ot know that you sold the advy. ANyways Congrats with the linea. Which variant. colour?
Old 16th August 2009, 13:01   #145
Senior - BHPian

Omar, what made you sell the best so early? 44k for Advy is too less anyways congrats on Linea it surely is "attention grabber"
Old 8th September 2009, 20:00   #146
Senior - BHPian

Some more updates....

Just back from Mangalore, the car went through some very bad roads, heavy rain ...

i got about 13-14kmpl...

now some questions...i felt as if the car is wobbling/shake when i crossed 135kmph also there was slight vibration on the staring wheel.. what can be the reason?

Secondly, i think suspensions of Adventure is little soft, when it goes on huge potholes has tendency to bounce?
Old 8th September 2009, 20:36   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now some questions...i felt as if the car is wobbling/shake when i crossed 135kmph also there was slight vibration on the staring wheel.. what can be the reason?
My 1.2 Palio steering also slightly vibrates when i cross 135KMPH. it means your Palio Adventure is an original one . The peak speed i have achieved in Palio is 165 on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:50   #148
Senior - BHPian

Automatrix, Mangalore - Feel sorry for Fiat owners in Mangalore

I had couple of experience with this garage and i must say it was not very pleasant...

First experience...

About 6-7months back when i had been to "AM" did notice that the temp gauge goes abve the "half" mark in slwo moving traffic. this caused a bit of worry in me which led me to take the car to "AM". The advisor calls for the mechanic who is supposed to be the "senior" (Fiat team), this guy first takes his own sweet time to attedn after 20mins wait are man turns up, sits and starts the car and let it idle for sometime now that the car had done some good kms before i landed up in "AM" and since the car was kept running for a while the temp gauge started to move up... my cars behavior is that the movement you start driving the gaudy starts moving south and stays below the half mark.

Looking at the needle move up when it was on idle and occasionally he was reving the engine too... he came to a conclusion that there was some problem and advised me not to drive. i immediately called couple of fiat mechs in bangalore and they told it was very normal with a 1.6.

Second experience...

Was getting some noise when going on rough roads so went to "AM" to investigate, advisor takes a long test drive and gets to know what i was complaining about, he asks me to leave the car. i drop the car around 11 in the morining and go back to pick the car by 5pm this is when he had asked me to come...advisor happily comes and tells that there is no problem just we had to tighten some nuts and bolts. he vanishes for a while and then he comes back with a updated story that caliper bolt seem to be missing and they dont have the stock. this showed they alomsy took a days time to realise this fact!

Recent experience...

In my last weeks trip i did hear almost similar sound and that forced me to take it to "AM", am directed to the recption and was told that one of the advisors will help me out. all the advisors seemed to be very busy though there were hardly any other people... when i asked one of them he went out and disappeared, after waiting for about 10mins i approached one more advisor he went out looking for someone and came back after 15mins telling that i will have to leave the car...with my past experience i just walked out...

I can just say people who own Fiat in Mangalore will have tough time dealing with this dealership...
Old 8th September 2009, 20:52   #149
Senior - BHPian

hehe lolz

actually this was not the case earlier, guess something to do with wheel balancing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
My 1.2 Palio steering also slightly vibrates when i cross 135KMPH. it means your Palio Adventure is an original one . The peak speed i have achieved in Palio is 165 on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
Old 8th September 2009, 23:08   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hehe lolz

actually this was not the case earlier, guess something to do with wheel balancing?
get the wheel alignment and balancing done at some good place, PM nikhil2008 and he will guide you thru

Most Viewed