Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 23:08   #151
BHPian

Hi Guna,
Which insurance company gave you a better quote during renewal?I am planning to take Bajaj Alliance.Any suggestion?
Old 27th February 2010, 13:00   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B103 View Post
I switched recently from Hyundai Getz to ANHC. After 2 weeks of driving, still not feeling easy with the relatively heavier power steering in ANHC. I'm now wondering which is optimum -- steering wheel in Getz was too light or heavier than usual in ANHC
ANHC steering is considered to be on the lighter side, which is supposed to help in city driving conditions. One reason why you feel it is heavier could be that the 'power assistance' is not consistant. It is 'heavier' to begin with, when you are moving it from 'straight ahead position', but gets very light then on.
Old 27th February 2010, 18:27   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Hi Guna,
Which insurance company gave you a better quote during renewal?I am planning to take Bajaj Alliance.Any suggestion?
@Mevtec, my car is taken on company lease and the company buys the insurence (third party)
Old 27th February 2010, 19:32   #154
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
No, since they insist on oil change every 5000k, I opted for the normal oil.
I don't know. I am totally confused. One service centre here insisted that all cars are serviced with synthetic oil and needs change every 5000kms. Another service centre (my first visit) gave an option and since it had a synthetic filling, postponed the oil change for 10000kms / one year in my NHC CVT.

I will know better when I go for the 50000kms service!

Quote:
Filter for Air Conditioner = 431
Air Filter = 781
20000 Km service charge =1060
Injector cleaning =556
Air blower/condenser cleaning=250
Obviously NHC does not have a filter for air conditioner! Air filter is only 301.

The last two are how they make money and I refuse anything chargeable which is not listed in the user manual under service.

Let Honda put all that under needed service if it is that critical!

Quote:
I am wondering if it is a normal practice to charge extra for 'injector cleaning' when it is part of 20000km service.
You will never find out!

Last edited by trrk : 27th February 2010 at 19:37.
Old 27th February 2010, 21:31   #155
BHPian

Quote:
ANHC steering is considered to be on the lighter side, which is supposed to help in city driving conditions. One reason why you feel it is heavier could be that the 'power assistance' is not consistant. It is 'heavier' to begin with, when you are moving it from 'straight ahead position', but gets very light then on.
I am all confused. I thought ANHC steering was so light and easy to manipulate in City driving. My previous Honda steering was NOT so light at all. So is the Hyundai Getz steering more lighter than ANHC. Wow! One finger tip driving then.
Old 27th February 2010, 22:30   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Obviously NHC does not have a filter for air conditioner! Air filter is only 301.
Air filter you are mentioning is the one for the engine (to get clean air) There is a fresh air filter (between cabin and the air conditioner blower) which is also called pollen filter. I am sure even NHC has it.
Old 19th June 2010, 19:17   #157
Senior - BHPian

My ANHC At has done close to 25000 kms now and is due for another service.

Problem of smell entering the cabin even in 'recirculation mode' still persists after the previous service where they changed the 'pollen filter'. I was contacted by both the workshop and some survey agency commissioned by Honda for my feedback and I have expressed my displeasure about the workshop not being able to rectify the problem. But no step has been taken by the workshop. Taking feedback must be a mere formality.

I changed my work and the driving pattern has changed now, which includes only short drives in the congested city roads (unlike the drive on the ring roads earlier). This has exposed the 'real' fuel efficiency of my ANHC in the city driving conditions, which is down to 7 kmpl (against 8.5 kmpl I was getting earlier).
Old 21st June 2010, 10:22   #158
BHPian

Quote:

Problem of smell entering the cabin even in 'recirculation mode' still persists after the previous service where they changed the 'pollen filter'. I was contacted by both the workshop and some survey agency commissioned by Honda for my feedback and I have expressed my displeasure about the workshop not being able to rectify the problem. But no step has been taken by the workshop. Taking feedback must be a mere formality.

I changed my work and the driving pattern has changed now, which includes only short drives in the congested city roads (unlike the drive on the ring roads earlier). This has exposed the 'real' fuel efficiency of my ANHC in the city driving conditions, which is down to 7 kmpl (against 8.5 kmpl I was getting earlier).
Guna,
First of all, congratulations on completing 25k.
I completely agree with you that taking feedback has become a mere formality. I had an issue with the horn sounding mis-tuned. They claimed that they rectified it in my 3rd free service, but that was not to be. When I got a call for feedback, I told them that I am not happy since the issue is not fixed, and I was promised a call back from SA 20 days back. I am still expecting a follow up.

Even I drive in B2B traffic, and I get a fuel efficiency of 10. Mine is an MT. I think if it's a B2B trafiic AT would give less.
Old 21st June 2010, 11:19   #159
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Guna,

Congratulations on completing 25k,

I raised a query on One20One few weeks ago, I only got a call for feeback, as Dakshin honda claimed to have discussed with me and sorted it out. Which never happened, so it's just for a sake

I constantly get 13+ on my MT, my driving is more from HSR to EC. Lowest I have ever got was 10.5.

FE is purely dependent on the driving style in ANHC, I can agree it would drop a lot in B2B traffic of Bangalore.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:16   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations to you on this milestone. This thread should go to 'Long term ownership reviews' section for the benefit of prospective buyers.

Quote:
Taking feedback must be a mere formality.
Thus far, I have been lucky in this concern. All reported issues in our ANHC (like horn, etc) were duly taken care of by the A.S.S.

Quote:
This has exposed the 'real' fuel efficiency of my ANHC in the city driving conditions, which is down to 7 kmpl (against 8.5 kmpl I was getting earlier).
In a bumper to bumper traffic here in Hyderabad, I manage to get about 9.3 kmpl out of my ANHC MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I constantly get 13+ on my MT, my driving is more from HSR to EC. Lowest I have ever got was 10.5. FE is purely dependent on the driving style in ANHC, I can agree it would drop a lot in B2B traffic of Bangalore.
Thats a great average you get there, Raghu. Whats the average daily running on your car?

Coming to the driving style, I try to maintain the RPM between 1500 and 3000. Can you throw more light on your approach?
Old 21st June 2010, 12:28   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Many congratulations to you on this milestone. This thread should go to 'Long term ownership reviews' section for the benefit of prospective buyers.

Thus far, I have been lucky in this concern. All reported issues in our ANHC (like horn, etc) were duly taken care of by the A.S.S.

In a bumper to bumper traffic here in Hyderabad, I manage to get about 9.3 kmpl out of my ANHC MT.

Thats a great average you get there, Raghu. Whats the average daily running on your car?

Coming to the driving style, I try to maintain the RPM between 1500 and 3000. Can you throw more light on your approach?
If there is no B2B traffic, I can guarantee that we will get a very good mileage esp in MT. I try and do the following to get better FE
1. Power off the engine in signal
2. Foresee the signal in the front much before and bring it to neutral (let the momentum carry forward the car, ofcourse on plain and down hill only)
3. Do not unnecessarily push the accelator pedal down, just adequate enough to keep the vehicle forward.
4. Try to attain a linear acceleration from start, not a sudden burst.

The above points can be certainly achieved even in a Bangalore kind of traffic, provided there is no bumper-bumper (usually in Jam situations)
Old 21st June 2010, 12:35   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

Hi Kalyan,

My daily running is 20km (6km of single road with moderate traffic, 14kms of 6/4lane roads).

ANHC on display meter changed my driving style a lot.

I do

> Switch off at signals
> No abrupt push/breaking
> Steady increase of acceleration.

More important is consistency in keeping the revs of the car, I observed when I drive at 80kmph and keep revs below 2.5k, indicater touches the extreme (40 kmpl).

I remember StarV also get's a good milaege on his ANHC inspite of traffic through which he commutes.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:37   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
If there is no B2B traffic, I can guarantee that we will get a very good mileage esp in MT. I try and do the following to get better FE
1. Power off the engine in signal
2. Foresee the signal in the front much before and bring it to neutral (let the momentum carry forward the car, ofcourse on plain and down hill only)
3. Do not unnecessarily push the accelator pedal down, just adequate enough to keep the vehicle forward.
4. Try to attain a linear acceleration from start, not a sudden burst.

The above points can be certainly achieved even in a Bangalore kind of traffic, provided there is no bumper-bumper (usually in Jam situations)
Thanks for the tips, Jayanth. I do not usually follow points 1 and 2 above. Considering that I stop at a traffic signal for quite a while, I should change my style.

Quote:
Hi Kalyan,

My daily running is 20km (6km of single road with moderate traffic, 14kms of 6/4lane roads).

ANHC on display meter changed my driving style a lot.

I do

> Switch off at signals
> No abrupt push/breaking
> Steady increase of acceleration.

More important is consistency in keeping the revs of the car, I observed when I drive at 80kmph and keep revs below 2.5k, indicater touches the extreme (40 kmpl).

I remember StarV also get's a good milaege on his ANHC inspite of traffic through which he commutes.
Thanks for the tips, Raghu.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Guna.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 21st June 2010 at 12:40.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:55   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my ANHC (MT) gives me consistently between 13.0 to 14.5 KMPL in the city traffic. my habits are typically as below

1. Always fill in at IOCL, that too during mornings.
2. Always fill up the tank and drive till it gets empty
3. Never top up once the auto cutoff happens, only when i am going on a long drive i do top up after auto cut off, but never when i am in Bangalore
4. I never exceed 90 KMPH in any instance when i am in the city limits
5. Typical speed i drive on a reasonably empty road is 55-75 KMPH, in the fourth gear, RPM between 1500-2500
6. in B2B traffic, i mostly drive on first gear, use as less clutch as possible
in a slow moving traffic, i drive on 2nd/3rd gear with minimal clutch / gear use.
7. I always drive with AC on when i am in the city to avoid exposure to dust/smoke
8. I avoid race or tailgating any other vehicle or abrupt acceleration / decelerations
9. One can not avoid abrupt breaking in Bangalore, hence in a denser traffic, i drive slower say 30-40 KMPH in 3rd gear.
10. most of the time during city drives, i am alone in the car, on weekends some times my wife and daughter travel with me. the load on the engine seems to be minimal during normal workdays.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 21st June 2010 at 13:04.
Old 21st June 2010, 14:10   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
5. Typical speed i drive on a reasonably empty road is 55-75 KMPH, in the fourth gear, RPM between 1500-2500
But why not use 5th gear at this speed? I know the drivability will be somewhat hampered in 5th gear but you can improve on already excellent FE you are getting.

I don't rev up the engine and always seem to drive in the optimum gear (using paddle shift), so the poor FE in my car may not be due to my driving style.

Changing to a wide tire surely seem to have taken away about 0.5kmpl and I would attribute another 1.5 kmpl to the AT(AT version is heavier by 50-60 kg and torque converter typically known to sip some energy).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks