Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2009, 18:14   #121
BHPian

@Guna, Do write to Honda about the boot lid liner ommision, maybe they will start to include in the newer batches as they had done for the engine bay thing !

Did you ask your dealer if others have reported similar issues as yours with them?
Old 16th June 2009, 18:17   #122
BHPian

@ glifford;Does it protect the bonnet upper surface from getting too hot? Or does it protect the paint or something?
i think it also reduces the engine noice.
Old 16th June 2009, 21:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
In my AT there is a distant humming noise which goes up and down in a cyclic manner and matches the engine revs. It could be tyre noise or may be coming from the flywheel or even torque converter. But why should it be cyclic? I want to get views of folks who own ATs before taking it up with the service folk
Honda service folk have checked everything including the wheel bearings but could not find out the source of the sound. They feel it could be tyre noise. I have contacted the tyre dealer and he has asked me to get the vehicle. Hope it will be resolved soon.

Last edited by Guna : 16th June 2009 at 21:33.
Old 5th August 2009, 11:03   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hand Brake not working; 3rd service due

Today when I got in to the car, I realised the handbrake is not working.
Since the 3rd service is also due, I will be taking it to the workshop.
I am also going to report low FE (8.5 kmpl) I am getting these days.

I would welcome suggestions on shifting to Whitefeild Honda from Magnum, since it is closer to my workplace.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:07   #125
Senior - BHPian

I have completed the third service and has run around 13000 kms.
I am getting around 9kmpl in the city and between 13-14 kmpl on highway (with AC)
3rd service costed me Rs 2500 (Engine oil, oil filter, washer)
Old 9th October 2009, 15:30   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3rd service costed me Rs 2500 (Engine oil, oil filter, washer)
Isnt it on slightly higher side? My 2nd service costed me 800 bucks. My 3rd service is due. Shall update the details on my ownership thread.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:00   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Isnt it on slightly higher side?
Becasue of the oil change
Old 9th October 2009, 16:35   #128
BHPian

hi Guna

Did you opt for the synthetic oil. Generally the third service is slightly more expensive as the oil/oil filter are both changed.
Old 9th October 2009, 18:08   #129
BHPian

Hi Guna,

Pls do let me know where you got the FOG lamps done. I want to get it done, please revert with details of the place and the cost involved. By the way, your car looks fantastic !!!

Bye
nandans/-
Old 9th October 2009, 23:36   #130
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting around 9kmpl in the city and between 13-14 kmpl on highway (with AC)
Are these highway figures with S mode + paddle shift?

In your earlier post you mentioned that you were planning to report the low FE. What did the workshop guys tell you?
Old 26th October 2009, 16:16   #131
Senior - BHPian

4th Service Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Pls do let me know where you got the FOG lamps done. I want to get it done, please revert with details of the place and the cost involved. By the way, your car looks fantastic !!!
Thanks Nandan.
I got the fog lamp done at Magnum Honda for around 18K. I read that now it costs about 21 k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Are these highway figures with S mode + paddle shift?

In your earlier post you mentioned that you were planning to report the low FE. What did the workshop guys tell you?
I found out that using paddleshift in S mode doesn't have much impact on FE. It gives the same FE as when you drive in D mode. I use a mix of all 3 modes on highways (but D on most occassions if it a lonf drive.)
FE seem to be around 9 kmpl in the city and workshop guys feel it is normal (depending on the driving style)

4th Service Updates:
1st paid service was caried out at 14000 kms.
It costed me Rs. 4030 which included:
  • Synth engine oil (no filter change this time) costing Rs 2124
  • Sevice Labour = Rs 735
  • Wheel balancing = Rs 387
They carrried our alignment and tyre rotation as well.

Service needs to be done every 3 months (but oil change is for every 5000k or 6 months). I feel the intervals are too short.

By the way, I had a flat tyre on the highway trip. Since I had driven some distance without realising, the tyre is totally damaged and had to buy a new spare tyre.

Last edited by Guna : 26th October 2009 at 16:24.
Old 27th October 2009, 16:25   #132
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I found out that using paddleshift in S mode doesn't have much impact on FE. It gives the same FE as when you drive in D mode. I use a mix of all 3 modes on highways (but D on most occassions if it a lonf drive.)
Most AT cars I've driven...after the initial fascination with paddles / tiptronic wears off, I stick to D and let the computer do the work for me

Quote:
FE seem to be around 9 kmpl in the city and workshop guys feel it is normal (depending on the driving style)
9 for an AT in the city is pretty good.

Quote:
1st paid service was caried out at 14000 kms.
My suggestion : Change the oil filter at your cost anyways (at each oil change interval).
Old 13th November 2009, 07:40   #133
Senior - BHPian

Rat problem

Few days back there was a foul smell inside the car. It was getting stronger when the blower was on. I suspected that a rat has died and started decaying inside the AC (I had this experience once in my Matiz).

I took the car to the workshop for getting it cleaned. Apparently they did not find the body of the rat inside but found some rat droppings.

They have advised me to apply vinegar on the wheels to keep the rats away. They also offered that they will put a mesh to prevent the rat from entering again but I refused as it meant opening the dashboard.
Old 13th November 2009, 19:06   #134

Belated congrats on the ANHC-AT......i have been following your thread since a very long time since the day i decided to buy an ANHC (approx 3 months) and i must admit it is one of the best thread i have come across in this forum,very detailed and honest discussions......really appreciate your work and the mods you have done to your ANHC......

Can you please tell me where did you get your grill painted because when i asked to do the same, after seeing yours in the pics, at magnum honda service station(kanakapura road) they refused to do it as they donot recommend it being plastic plus finish would not be original and other silly reasons....

thank you

lot more questions to come....

Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th November 2009 at 19:22. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 13th November 2009, 19:35   #135

Belated congrats on the ANHC-AT.
I have been following your thread since a very long time since the day i decided to buy an ANHC (approx 3 months) and i must admit it is one of the best thread i have come across in this forum,very detailed and honest discussions.
Really appreciate your work and the mods you have done to your ANHC.

Can you please tell me where did you get your grill painted because when i asked to do the same, after seeing yours in the pics, at magnum honda service station(kanakapura road) they refused to do it as they donot recommend it being plastic plus finish would not be original and other silly reasons.

Thank you

lot more questions to come.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks