Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 19:19   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I have seen this grill modification quite a few times. Looks good in person. Is this official Honda part or a custom? the chrome doesn't look smooth in picture since it was through dirty window glass and clicked on a phone.
I too saw this for the first time this morning near Yamalur village. Doesn't appeal to me personally though. It is an Accord-ish type grill.

The stock one seems better!
Old 10th May 2009, 23:00   #107
BHPian

Yup. stocks better. I just love they way the metallic color of the grill blends with the cars color
Old 11th May 2009, 09:12   #108
BHPian

@ guna: Belated congratulations on your new ride.

She looks awesome and chilling, those mods you have done are perfect and gives an extraordinary feel. As someone rightly said Honda might use these pics show-offs!

And your photo skills are amazing, perfect blend of nature and the beauty.

Your review and detailed description are welcome and has attention to detail. I have to say am very astonished to see those remarks.

Plan to put TBHP stickers on it? And any plans to upgrade the ICE? Or happy with the current setup.
Old 12th June 2009, 14:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

ANHC Questions

I have some questions to ANHC owners.
  1. I realised that the innner lining (fabric-like thing, like the one on the floor carpet) for the boot lid is missing in my car. Is that how it is on all ANHC cars? You can see the holes for fixing the liner and it exposes the lighting assembly for the number plate.
  2. In the boot, I can see there is a gap is the carpet which leaves a card board like looking piece exposed. Has anyone noticed the same?
  3. In my AT there is a distant humming noise which goes up and down in a cyclic manner and matches the engine revs. It could be tyre noise or may be coming from the flywheel or even torque converter. But why should it be cyclic? I want to get views of folks who own ATs before taking it up with the service folk
  4. I had also reported a mild tappet type of moise at low RPMs. This has persisted even after oil change. Has anyone else faced this?
-Guna

Last edited by Guna : 12th June 2009 at 14:56.
Old 12th June 2009, 17:42   #110
BHPian

I can confirm about the point 3 and 4 that I dont have any such issues you have reported atleast till now, rest will confirm after checking in the evening.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:22   #111
BHPian

hi Guna,
My anhc, came with that boot liner thing, very thin, there is a carboard underneath the boot liner thing, but nothing is exposed. Also i have put carpets (extra cost) above the boot liner thing which is the same as you have for the floor carpet.
Hope this hepls.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:30   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
hi Guna,
My anhc, came with that boot liner thing, very thin, there is a carboard underneath the boot liner thing, but nothing is exposed. Also i have put carpets (extra cost) above the boot liner thing which is the same as you have for the floor carpet.
Hope this hepls.
Hi, but what about the boot lid? Did you peep bellow the lid and see? I was shocked to see it missing. I think Honda has done away with it, thinking nobody is going to realise it. Anyway, I am going to the dealer tomorrow and get this cleared.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:34   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
@ guna: Belated congratulations on your new ride.

Plan to put TBHP stickers on it? And any plans to upgrade the ICE? Or happy with the current setup.
@Narayan
I had not checked this thread for a while. Thanks for your good words.
I am not planning to change the ICE. I find the current one to be good enough for the listening during driving and the sound insulation level of ANHC not too great.
I dont like the existing sticker designs.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guna,

I (somehow) missed this thread all these days.
Belated congratulations on your ANHC AT.

i bought ANHC SMT couple of weeks ago, driven some 2200 KM till now
i wanted to check on your view on the visibility through the rear
view mirror (the one inside the car)

i was driving a hatch back before, i used to get a panaromic view, but now i find that the view is not that panaromic. Is all cars with boot are comparable with ANHC ?

Regarding your questions my answers are as below.
1. No
2. No
3. i drive an SMT
4. No, not observed at low RPMs

Last edited by StarVegabond : 15th June 2009 at 21:06.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:10   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
i was driving a hatch back before, i used to get a panaromic view, but now i find that the view is not that panaromic. Is all cars with boot are comparable with ANHC ?
ANHC has a raised boot and fairy thick C pillar which makes the rear vissibility somewhat poor. Yes the convex mirror would have helped. I also find the side mirrors to be slightly in-adequate. In my opinion, side mirrors are more important while driving then the central mirror which lets you know who is directly behind you.
Yes, most of the sedans tend to have poor rear vissibilty compared to the hatches.

Does your car has liner under the boot lid?

Last edited by Guna : 15th June 2009 at 21:11.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:24   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I have seen this grill modification quite a few times. Looks good in person. Is this official Honda part or a custom? the chrome doesn't look smooth in picture since it was through dirty window glass and clicked on a phone.
its offered as standard on the upper version of the ANHC in the UAE.
Old 15th June 2009, 21:33   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I had taken the ANHC on a trip to Wayanad.
I am really impressed with the car's performance on those twisty roads. On the way to the jungle resort where we were staying, it did well not to scrape any of stones on the mud road.
Average FE during the trip was 14.5 kmpl with 100% AC
I went with some friends to this place, brings back good memories. great place in waynad.
Old 16th June 2009, 08:37   #118
BHPian

@ Guna, There is no covering under the lid, same as you. We can see the wiring connectors etc. exposed.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:39   #119
Senior - BHPian

Honda has skiped the liner inside the boot lid which would cover the openings meant for the lighting (for the number plate) connection etc. You can crealy see the holes meant or attaching the liner. This means the boot lid is not compete without this part.

It looks incomplete and more importantly, exposes the delicate parts around the light housing. I suspect this may be one of the contributor to poor sound insulation.

I am thinking of writing to Honda about this ommission. Any suggestions are welcome.

By the way, I have left my car for fixing the issues related to unusual noise (they are suspecting bearing issue) and tilted steering (wheel alignment should take care according to them). This is just weeks after the second service. So, it has not been totally trouble free experience with ANHC.

Last edited by Guna : 16th June 2009 at 15:40.
Old 16th June 2009, 16:14   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Honda has skiped the liner inside the boot lid which would cover the openings meant for the lighting (for the number plate) connection etc. You can crealy see the holes meant or attaching the liner. This means the boot lid is not compete without this part.

It looks incomplete and more importantly, exposes the delicate parts around the light housing. I suspect this may be one of the contributor to poor sound insulation.

I am thinking of writing to Honda about this ommission. Any suggestions are welcome.
Car manufacturers are known to do such cost cutting activities from time to time. "Value Engineering". Takes a whole new meaning in the price sensitive Indian context.

The Ford Fiesta had this bonnet liner on the inside of the engine compartment. It is no longer there. Not sure what value it adds. Does it protect the bonnet upper surface from getting too hot? Or does it protect the paint or something?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks