Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 16:47   #706
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
This is very wierd. When I filled in Nitrogen to 33 PSI and 31 PSI in front and rear, the ride got extremly bumpy. I prompty got it gown to 30 PSI and 29 PSI and then the ride was just as before..like you glide on a magic carpet!! I wonder why two Linea are different, it is because of Nitrogen or because mine is a MJD?
You're right, I also posted it earlier. When I filled nitrogen 33 psi, the ride became slightly bumpy. I reduced it to 30 psi & Ride became alright, but the underbody started scraping those bumps which it never used to scrap earlier. Also nitrogen pressure got reduced to 28 psi within 15 days. So, then there was no point carrying on with nitrogen
Old 8th January 2010, 21:53   #707
BHPian

I am currently using N2 and i fill it everytime i fill petrol from the HP pump. Its free of cost when i fill petrol above rs.1000. So why fill air !!!!

I use 35 and 33 psi in front and back respectively. I feel the ride very smooth and no bumpiness. Its silky smooth.

Infact, as Amit said, i also find a nominal increase in GC.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:34   #708
Senior - BHPian

I am too back to Nitrogen.
Today i filled N2 again in IOCL as per my psi findings.
Front 30psi and Rear 27psi.
Old 9th January 2010, 08:37   #709
Senior - BHPian

I fill 33psi in my car. i never find bumpy.

Quote:
I reduced it to 30 psi & Ride became alright, but the underbody started scraping those bumps which it never used to scrap earlier
that is exactly what i also experienced in my car too
Old 9th January 2010, 21:59   #710
BANNED

My car is full of small clear coat scratches (& 2-3 slightly deeper scratches) & Swirl marks. I had always planned to get a paint treatment done after car completes 1 year so that those inevitable small scratches & swirls can also be taken care of. There are 2 treatments I'm looking at to choose one from: (1) 3M or (2) WAXOYL. 3M has 2 treatments - paint protection & surface refinement. However, at ground level what they actually are doing on new as well as old cars is surface refinement. I had asked 3M guys at 3 different dealership - last time I asked him to show me the bottle also. He showed me bottle of the cream they apply on entire car - it was Rubbing Compund . In that way, WAXOYL sounds to be better. But looking at my 1 year old car with full of swirls & small scratches, which treatment you guys recommend out of these 2 ? Details of both treatments & link as below:

3M India: Exterior

Opulent

Quote:
Products > Waxoyl > 100 Plus Paint Sealant
  • Crystal clear high-gloss paint protection for new cars against environmental influences such as sun, wind and weather.
  • The long-lasting protective polymer film for all types of car paintwork.
  • Maintains long-lasting gloss for all painting processes.
  • Allows water to run off better.
  • Protects against UV radiation and stops the paintwork fading.
  • Protects against environmental influences and oxidation.
  • Used or recommended by manufacturers and importers.
  • Forms a long-lasting tough, glass-like protective seal on paint.
Quote:
3M Paint Protection Treatments

UV Protection
UV Protection against fading prevents paint fade on the car exterior due to exposure to UV rays. It doesn't just protect your car from this natural oxidation but also gives a durable, ultra-high gloss. Recommended for all new cars.

Exterior Beautification
Exterior Beautification is suitable for any age and condition of car. The treatment thoroughly cleans and shines the car surface to create a rich, 'just like new' look and covers painted surfaces, engine compartment, tyres, glasses, bumpers and rubber/plastic parts.

Minor Scratch/Swirl Removal & Surface Enhancement

Minor Scratch/Swirl removal and Surface Enhancement removes light/medium scratches, oxidation, stains and paint imperfections resulting in a brilliant, durable, 'wet look' finish. Restores natural sheen to painted surfaces, engine compartment, tyres, glass and rubber/vinyl parts.

Last edited by VahanPujari : 9th January 2010 at 22:00.
Old 9th January 2010, 22:28   #711
BHPian

Amit, you are opening a pandora's box here. Its pretty much confusing which one is better. There is a section which says Waxoyl is the better one.

I have used 3M paint protection. I would say there was no visible difference after the first few days. Maybe, it could be because of the light coloured car.

There is a discussion in the attached thread on the same subject but no conclusion on which is better.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ond-brite.html
Old 9th January 2010, 23:07   #712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Amit, you are opening a pandora's box here.
Seriously, Binze.
I'm pretty sure about this now. Earlier I had experience of asking 3M guys at 2 different dealerships. Post that I shared it with geeash, he said they're not using Rubbing Compund. When I went to TASS for CSC change, I called 3M guy over & ask him to explain me the entire treatment. Then I asked him to show me the bottle. He was very reluctant but finally gave in. The bottle is Rubbing Compund (however, this could be a mild one - coming from 3M). I asked him about difference between Paint Protection (for new cars) & Surface refinement (for old cars), he was completely unaware of any 2 different treatments. The same thing I noticed earlier also at the other dealership. They know only 1 treatment.
The only difference I could make out is - 1) if you get the full treatment for some 4k-4.5k with free rounds after 6 mth & 9 mth - it includes some 3 coats/ applications everytime - this could be surface refinement.
2) if you go for the treatment for only 1 round costing some 1.5k-2k, it includes 2 coats only instead of 3. This could be Paint Protection
Old 9th January 2010, 23:22   #713
BHPian

Amit,

Ashwin (geeash) should be able to explain this better as he had done the paint protection from 3M thrice in the last one year. Beleive, he did quite a lot of anlaysis before deciding on 3m.

He did this from the 3M distributor in Chennai and NOT from TASS. He was personally present there and could explain the products used.

I too beleive it was rubbing compound and then wax polished.

Ashwin, your valuable inputs pls.
Old 10th January 2010, 13:15   #714
BANNED

binze

Here are the pics of Fiat sticker on the boot in place of badge. My Fiat badge on the boot got stolen 3 times and now I suspect It would not remain even for a day. However, I'm going to purchase one again (the car looks incomplete) & keep the car covered when parked (parde ke pichhe).

Next sticker I've ordered is an embossed one. Got this done in Gujarat when I went to hometown. Am looking for a better graphic printer guy in Mumbai. Also I'm looking for 2nd hand logo market. If I get to know a contact, I'll buy 5-10 badges in a bulk deal . Anyone from Mumbai listening?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20091227001.jpg  

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20091227003r.jpg  

Old 10th January 2010, 13:37   #715
BANNED

Guys,

Coolant level still continues to reduce in my car. Today I checked & found it to be 1 inch lower than min mark (cold engine). Someone said coolant level is to be checked after turning the ignition ON as it increases. Am not sure about it.

Shall have to get it checked again in 15K service next month. 3-4 months back I got it checked putting the car on the ramp. But no leakage was found that time.
Old 10th January 2010, 15:39   #716
J.Ravi

VahanPujari,

When I gave my Fiat Linea for the first service on 8 Jan 2010 at 2385 km, the coolant level continued to remain at the maximum line only, not reduced even a mm. The owner's handbook says that the coolant level must be checked when the engine is cold and must be between the min and max lines on the vessel [page 147]. Even I used windscreen defogger twice or thrice. Please check if there is any minute leakage of the coolant.

I purchased 1-litre bottle of coolant [Part No.0059064671 - Paraflu UP] during my visit to Concorde Motors. The instruction on the bottle says 'Dilute with 50% water', but the owner's handbook says 'If the level is low, slowly pour a mixture of 40% PARAFLU UP & 60% demineralized water through filler A of the vessel until the level approaches the max line' [page 147]. This works out to dilution with 150% water! So, which one to follow? To err on the safer side, I have decided to follow the instructions contained on the bottle.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 10th January 2010 at 15:45.

Old 10th January 2010, 17:54   #717
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, I mixed it 50-50 and added it to my Punto. Need to check the levels again since it's been quite sometime that I last checked it.

Most coolants available in the market need to diluted with an equal portion of water. It's better to top up the coolant yourself since the ASC will just add water to top it up.

Did you top-up the wiper fluid ? I'm using distill water for it. The fluid mentioned in the manual isn't available at concorde.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 10th January 2010 at 18:09.
Old 10th January 2010, 18:29   #718
J.Ravi

sdp1975,

The old windshield washer solution prepared for my previous Maruti Suzuki Versa using the concentrate approved by MSIL [1:100 = 25 ml of concentrate making 2.5 l of solution after mixing with filtered BWSSB drinking water!] still remains! I am using that for topping up. Distilled water is required for batteries only, for diluting coolant and windshield washer fluid, filtered drinking water will do, IMO. You can also use shampoo in place of concentrate, which will serve the same purpose.

Old 10th January 2010, 20:28   #719
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
VahanPujari,

When I gave my Fiat Linea for the first service on 8 Jan 2010 at 2385 km, the coolant level continued to remain at the maximum line only, not reduced even a mm. The owner's handbook says that the coolant level must be checked when the engine is cold and must be between the min and max lines on the vessel [page 147]. Even I used windscreen defogger twice or thrice. Please check if there is any minute leakage of the coolant.

I purchased 1-litre bottle of coolant [Part No.0059064671 - Paraflu UP] during my visit to Concorde Motors. The instruction on the bottle says 'Dilute with 50% water', but the owner's handbook says 'If the level is low, slowly pour a mixture of 40% PARAFLU UP & 60% demineralized water through filler A of the vessel until the level approaches the max line' [page 147]. This works out to dilution with 150% water! So, which one to follow? To err on the safer side, I have decided to follow the instructions contained on the bottle.
Thanks Ravi. I also think. 3-4 months back also, I had this doubt & got it checked by hoisting the car on ramp for any leakage. TASS said no leakage found

I think 50:50 ratio is more than enough for Coolant & Water

@sdp/ Shankar - I topped up wiper tank today. I put in colin glass cleaner 5-6 drops in it. Usually I use normal water + few drops of hair shampoo
Old 11th January 2010, 09:14   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, at ground level what they actually are doing on new as well as old cars is surface refinement
This is definitely a wrong info mate !!.

i have analysed the treatment each time i have gone there. They dont use a rubbing compound at all for 3M paint protection

3M has two types of rubbing compound.

1. perfect - IT 3
2. Finesse

( you can have a look here at what i clicked when i was at 3M before

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1475049-post1093.html)

They use neither of those in the paint protection treatment.

They use a 3M paste wax ( which is not available at retail for outsiders) and apply it to 15 microns ( normal hand application gives only 3 microns) thick evenly which acts like a protectant to clear coat for atleast 3 months) and then shine it on top with liquid wax.

in addition to it thay clean the carpet floors and they clean the rubber beading and apply vinyl dressing. they clean the tyre and apply tyre dressing and they clean the dash and bonnet too and apply vinyl dressings.

Last time when i went to 3M i had a long deep clearcoat scratch on my right front door extending to the back door ( courtesy the motorclyclist who sped past me in hurry). They went inside and brought a small pack of finesse -it before my eyes and removed the clearcoat scratch in a jiffy

so i very well know that they dont use a rubbing compound in my car for the paint protection

They definitely use a different treatment surface refinement for cars which is past 1 year mark. they clay the entire car , they use soft sand paper to remove scratches, then they use rubbing compound and wax the car entirely

( some one with a santro has done a surface refinement in team-bhp and the post is in car aesthetics you can search for the same)

For an information when i asked them whether i might need a surface refinement in april as the car will be past 1 year, they said for me 3M paint protection is enough as they said the car clear coat is intact and good due to repeated 3M PAINT PROTECTION ( 3 TIMES PACKAGE). so regiuar 3M paint protection would suffice even after 1 year if it done from 0 month, 5 th and 9th.

I am damn sure about this as i get this done from a direct 3M outlet in chennai and the manager Mr.Vinayaga murthy is like my friend now and i have spoken to him about this even when you enquired to me last time.

Did you speak to the 3M guy is the TASS last time? i bet not. may be it was the SA who gave you wrong info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks