Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 07:42   #661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
shhhhshhhhhhshhhhhhshhhh - continuous with slightly varying pich

That is the sound which comes as ar passes through the ORVM when travelling in my car!!

Just check it out!!
Old 25th September 2009, 08:54   #662
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
That is the sound which comes as ar passes through the ORVM when travelling in my car!!
Can you elaborate ashwin. could not understand
Old 25th September 2009, 12:19   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post

Just check it out!!
This is already reported earlier by some Linea owners and here in Ahmedabad also I had seen one Linea being tested without ORVM to confirm that sound was in fact from ORVM only at TASS. The owner's compalint was specific that this hissing sound comes when Linea crosses the speed of 80 Km/h.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:41   #664
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
This is already reported earlier by some Linea owners and here in Ahmedabad also I had seen one Linea being tested without ORVM to confirm that sound was in fact from ORVM only at TASS. The owner's compalint was specific that this hissing sound comes when Linea crosses the speed of 80 Km/h.
But I'm talking about the sound which comes when the car is idling & not moving
Old 26th September 2009, 13:32   #665
BANNED

Did the tank-ful day before, Following is the FE (always AC on 100% time, 100% city drive in B2B traffic)

MID shows : 9.6 kmpl

Manual : 8.96 kmpl

Last 4 days, severly affected the FE. While going back home in late evenings, traffic jams have been attrocious. Avg speeds are in single digits, FE's have obiously gone for a toss. Else I was expecting this time > 10 kmpl.

Daily morning drive from the same route (but home to office) gives me an FE of 13 kmpl & above (as per MID). Its the evening drives which spoils the party
Old 26th September 2009, 14:58   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
MID shows : 9.6 kmpl
Manual : 8.96 kmpl
Amit,
That FE will seriously hurt the pockets mate
The jams will never allows FE to go up in our cars in cities, in Delhi it rains heavily for 1 day and it will take 3 hours to reach anywhere where it normally takes 1 hour or so, personally i have never got anything less than 10.5kmpl from either tankful or even MID.

It was only when after restting trip A after refuelling, i went into a joyride and hit 6K rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear consecutively. MID fell to 7.9 kmpl for that 4 kms of travelling to my home. Got 11.9 on the tankful though, avg speed is between 20-26 kmph.

Will be going on a 800 kms 1 days round trip to Rajasthan most probably on Mon so will update ownership thread as what i get as FE and how car behaves in scorching 46 degree heat. I wont drive like geeash to get 20-21 kmpl from my car, its a 6 lane beautiful highway and this time will let of all horses from their reins.
Old 26th September 2009, 21:23   #667
BANNED

Rajat

I always drive hard with a heavy foot on the paddle. Last 4 days, its taking me almost 3 hours in late evenings to reach back home crossing a distance of 31.4 kms. Its only the pleasure of driving Linea which is instrumental in forgetting such nightmares. I had a driver in my earlier car. But sheer pleasure of driving Linea is preventing me to get one again.
Old 26th September 2009, 21:44   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rajat

I always drive hard with a heavy foot on the paddle. Last 4 days, its taking me almost 3 hours in late evenings to reach back home crossing a distance of 31.4 kms. Its only the pleasure of driving Linea which is instrumental in
Amit,
Please dont get a driver if you love your car. I have never seen a single driver on road who drives the car as his own if the owner is not present. They just rip the car as much as they like.
My driving style is also like yours but dad is a conservative driver and doesnt revv the engine past 2500 RPM which results in good FE, maybe because he has to pay when car gets a tankful, i can atleast enjoy for now without any tension.
3 hours for 31 kms, never thought traffic conditions were so bad.
Old 26th September 2009, 22:26   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
3 hours for 31 kms, never thought traffic conditions were so bad.
3 hrs for 31kms is much better than what I had gone through, it took me almost 3 hrs to cover 18 kms in bangalore. Given couple of hours, I could have reached chennai
Old 29th September 2009, 20:37   #670
BHPian

Average Consumption problem of my friend's Punto resolved..!!

Thanks to Amit Bhai, VP, AKS & Coolboy007 for your inputs, the problem is resolved now

He resetted the Trip A & B, and voila..!! the Average Consumption was showing 15.92 Kmpl in City driving. Dont know why the Display was showing wrong readings but all is well that ends well..!! it is resolved now

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 29th September 2009 at 20:40.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:32   #671
BANNED

Its already almost 15 days. Seat Height has not changed even 1 milimeter. I can now safely say that the new design rocks & the issue is fully resolved. New Linea owners would be happy to know about this as Fiat has quickly identified the issue, & found the solution.
Old 29th September 2009, 23:47   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Its already almost 15 days. Seat Height has not changed even 1 milimeter. I can now safely say that the new design rocks & the issue is fully resolved. New Linea owners would be happy to know about this as Fiat has quickly identified the issue, & found the solution.
Mine is a july manufactured car and it looks like fiat has not fixed this in my car. I will be taking my car to the service center to fix the number plate. I will show the seat height issue to the CRM and wait for his action. Hopefully they fix mine too.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:05   #673
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
Mine is a july manufactured car and it looks like fiat has not fixed this in my car. I will be taking my car to the service center to fix the number plate. I will show the seat height issue to the CRM and wait for his action. Hopefully they fix mine too.
I guess the newly designed parts were received from Germany only on 1st Sep'09. Before that only nehamit has got it changed earlier but it seems bulk distribution of that part would have started only from 1st Sep'09.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:57   #674
BHPian

Quote:
I guess the newly designed parts were received from Germany only on 1st Sep'09. Before that only nehamit has got it changed earlier but it seems bulk distribution of that part would have started only from 1st Sep'09.
My brother-in-law's new Linea MJD E+ is already having the new designed seat and there is no issue of seat height adjustment at all. He is going to start a new ownership thread in a day or two. Right now he is busy exploring his Linea! And, kudos to Fiat India as they delivered the Linea in flat 3 days as per their promise to deliver before 30/09/2009. In fact it arrived on 27th evening itself.
Old 30th September 2009, 17:25   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My brother-in-law's new Linea MJD E+ is already having the new designed seat and there is no issue of seat height adjustment at all. He is going to start a new ownership thread in a day or two. Right now he is busy exploring his Linea! And, kudos to Fiat India as they delivered the Linea in flat 3 days as per their promise to deliver before 30/09/2009. In fact it arrived on 27th evening itself.
Any idea whether they will change my seat to the new one designed if i go after october. still the seat issue bugs me a lot. dont have time as it is hectic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks