Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 15:04   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Yes. That color's been like that from beginning only. Since its inside i din't care
Would be interesting to see other people's red Linea engine bay pics?
Am amazed as to why you didnt care Neo. This is a engine bay pic i got from team bhp itself from google images. The shade match is perfect here, something is kaala in this daal. How can such a big error be caused in the factory and quality check guys missing it out.

One more Linea story? ... here you go-engine-bay.jpg
Old 15th July 2009, 15:19   #137
BANNED

Neo

Is it due to the earlier faulty bumper color (which was darker Red)? This darker Red also seems similar to that faulty bumper color.
Check which one is matching with body color
Old 16th July 2009, 10:21   #138
BHPian

I checked out today in dalylight.
Yes that darker shade part is the bumper only.
And before repainting it was much darker!

But the whole inside of the engine-bay has a very light shade (more red rather than maroon) and frankly has some very ordinary paint. I thought that was normal?
I remember seeing geash's car photo also .... posting here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...2-p6140227.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Neo

Is it due to the earlier faulty bumper color (which was darker Red)? This darker Red also seems similar to that faulty bumper color.
Check which one is matching with body color
Old 16th July 2009, 10:55   #139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the linea is such a lovely looking car - sad that most people seem to say it is badly under-powered
plus - while I love the Punto's looks et al, I would be deeply worried buying fiat even now, going by the terrible Tata service troubles.
tough luck
Old 16th July 2009, 16:24   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
- When steering is kept at full turn a slight humming sound is heard
(Its normal only, its some power-steering oil cutting off or something)
That is indeed there in vehicles with hydraulic power steering. When you are at the end of the steering travel, the power steering motor is working at its hardest. It is not advised to hold the steering in that position unnecessarily. Could be mentioned in your car manual also.

Quote:
- Ride is not very butter smooth. I am able to feel minute road undulations. maybe I am expecting too much?
(They did wheel-alignment and claim that its good now)
They checked alignment for a 'not butter smooth ride'!

Don't pay for anything which is not authorised by you or for which they have not taken prior permission from you unless it is part of the service as per manual.
Old 16th July 2009, 17:47   #141
BHPian

Actually alignment is part of 1st service. So they said maybe aligment will fix it.
Maybe its that way only (hard suspension) ... its a little harsh at low speeds, but at high speeds it easily glides over potholes.
Ride quality is leagues ahead of my zen though (apples and cardboards comparison )

Flamenco Red Linea owners .... can you post pics of yr engine bay?
Ofcourse there is nothing to be done in my case ... i can't even repaint that area :( . Just curious.
Old 16th July 2009, 18:23   #142
Senior - BHPian

There is no mismatch of colour in mine. i just noe checked. will post the picture of the bay for you tomorrow as the engine bay is dirty today.
Old 16th July 2009, 19:10   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Flamenco Red Linea owners .... can you post pics of yr engine bay?
Ofcourse there is nothing to be done in my case ... i can't even repaint that area :( . Just curious.
Sorry, Neo.
Not in Mumbai can't upload pics
Actually, the light red shade inside the engine bay in your cae looks more like Red color in Punto. though I've not seen Punto Red in flesh but it seems lighter than Linea red
Old 16th July 2009, 19:50   #144
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Actually alignment is part of 1st service. So they said maybe aligment will fix it.
Maybe its that way only (hard suspension) ... its a little harsh at low speeds, but at high speeds it easily glides over potholes.
I just had a very short test drive of the Linea long back. Most cars these days seem to have a suspension like that.

The City does have a stiff suspension through and through. Low speed ride is very stiff, not to our liking, but I wanted to have the automatic.
Old 30th July 2009, 23:38   #145
BHPian

seat-height-adjuster

After my complaint to Fiat regarding the seat-height coming down (thigh fouling with it during ingress/egress), they sent a new part for the seat-height-adjuster.
So last weekend I went to get it replaced.

- The new one looks exactly like the old one.
- The angle of the new lever is slightly lower (not much though)
- Main difference I observed is, this new lever has a lot more play than the old one. So even if the thigh touches it ... it will just move BUT will not activate the mechanism.

I always used to joke about this lever being flimsy and break easily. Well, I was wrong by a long way!
This part is very sturdy with heavy-gauge metal and almost weights 1kg.

Have to test it out for a few weeks and see if it's a sufficient solution.
Else, Fiat is already working on a new design for the lever. So that would be a permanent solution.

check out the pics. (New one is on the floor before install, The one on the seat is the old one)
Attached Thumbnails
One more Linea story? ... here you go-image018.jpg  

One more Linea story? ... here you go-image020.jpg  

Old 30th July 2009, 23:56   #146
Senior - BHPian

@ neo,

Man, i never had thought that lever which we called flimsy and Linea Tders said poor had so much strength in it. Have doubts on people if they say TD cars had broken lever, it looks too strong.

Seems the seat heigh adjuster issue is solved now in your case, please tell your observation within 2-3 days as even if you use car for 1 day and get in and out 4-5 times you know if its working or not.

If its working, will shoot a mail to fiat regarding it and get the part for my Linea too. The day delhi monsoons are over and dad starts taking Linea to work he will again ask "when will fiat solve this"
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:40   #147
BHPian

First Long Drive

Went on a long drive on the lovely NH7 yesterday. Well, it was only 300km, but still it was the first in my Linea, felt very excited.

Went till 150kmph. Experienced a lot of wind noise at those speeds and also steering seemed to be losing control (had to hold it really tight). So din't venture further.
I am not a very experienced highway driver BTW.

GC seems to be a problem in the town roads. Have to really slow down.

Managed to pursue an ANHC and finally beat him after many attempts (on an open stretch).
This is what makes highway drives exciting!
Had to use 3rd/4th gear lots of times to get that extra pickup.

mileage stats(4 people with 70% AC):
max speed touched: 150kmph
Onward journey: 14kmpl
overall mileage reduced to 12.8 kmpl due to chasing and racing during return
Old 6th August 2009, 08:34   #148
BHPian

Wiper fluid tank

I noticed yesterday that the wiper fluid tank is empty (all of a sudden).
Maybe even my tank is cracked. Can I pour water and check?
Now, I am also adding this to the niggles list
Old 6th August 2009, 09:48   #149
BANNED

Hey Neo

Was it your 1st Highway drive? Man, take her out more often to let her take fresh air out of city B2B polluted air

Anyways, good to see you venture out.
Yes, I also was not comfortable at high speed but not at 150 kmph, it was @ 160 or 170 kmph

Yday only I was thinking about Wiper Fluid Tank that how can it develop crack? what is the root cause?

Check it out first - pour water to the top & check under tha car later if there is any leakage.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:50   #150
BHPian

I poured 1 litre water into the tank and checked ... no leaking.
So maybe wiper fluid got over in the normal sense (TASS might not have bothered to even top-up this at 1st service).
How long does this fluid generally last anyway?

yeah @150 I felt the vehicle kind of slipping. I hope alignment is not an issue, its been done at 1st service recently. I have never driven any car at those speeds BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Hey Neo

Was it your 1st Highway drive? Man, take her out more often to let her take fresh air out of city B2B polluted air

Anyways, good to see you venture out.
Yes, I also was not comfortable at high speed but not at 150 kmph, it was @ 160 or 170 kmph

Yday only I was thinking about Wiper Fluid Tank that how can it develop crack? what is the root cause?

Check it out first - pour water to the top & check under tha car later if there is any leakage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks