Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 22:15   #151
SSN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I poured 1 litre water into the tank and checked ... no leaking.
So maybe wiper fluid got over in the normal sense (TASS might not have bothered to even top-up this at 1st service).
How long does this fluid generally last anyway?

yeah @150 I felt the vehicle kind of slipping. I hope alignment is not an issue, its been done at 1st service recently. I have never driven any car at those speeds BTW.

It could also be because the pipe from the wiper tank (you will have to look under the car to see that) has come loose.Happened a couple of times with my car recently and in the end the dealer fixed it with Fevi-Kwik.

The vehicle shouldn't be slipping at that speeds. I have taken it up to 180 kmph and it felt as steady as a rock. Had you checked the air pressure in the tyres?
Old 6th August 2009, 23:29   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I poured 1 litre water into the tank and checked ... no leaking.
How long does this fluid generally last anyway?
Thank god the tank is safe and out of danger . As you said it must have gone empty, my windshield fluid was topped up at 1st service. Regarding how long fluid lasts, it depends on you.
When rain drops are lying on windshield, instead of driving away and using washer/wiper i take a wet cloth and clean the windshield so my fluid lasts too long.

Quote:
yeah @150 I felt the vehicle kind of slipping. I hope alignment is not an issue, its been done at 1st service recently. I have never driven any car at those speeds BTW.
It shouldnt happen, try it again at some other road surface and it shouldnt happen, if happens, get tyres checked. A Getz was fiddling with me on my Himachal trip and i had touched 160, car and steering was stable at those speeds and at curves. That 160 was for atleast 4-5 mins and i never felt i was losing control.
Keep tyre pressures at F 33 R 31psi or get alignment checked.
Old 15th August 2009, 17:57   #153
BHPian

Tyre Puncture

Had been noticing that the rear right tyre always looked to have less air since past 2-3 weeks. Today, I examined the tire and found a nail in it
I went to a tyre shop and had the tyre checked for puncture.
Turned out that this nail I noticed hadn't pierced the tyre. There was another nail firmly embedded into the tyre (very tough to even see it unless observed closely). Now after struggling a bit hard for 10min he finally managed to pull the bugger out.
Costed 100rs.

Now I guess maybe this explains why there was slight instability at high-speeds on my long drive last week.

This was the 1st time ever I saw how a tube-less tyre was repaired for puncture.
For those curious, our resident TBHP experts have this excellent pictorial:
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Communityhow-repair-tubeless-tyre-puncture.html
Old 11th September 2009, 23:31   #154
BHPian

JVC on Linea?

I had this distortion problem in my driver-side speaker since day1 ... at certain bass frequencies it sounds distorted (there is a resonant sound along with normal sound). Got the speaker replaced by TASS (speaker sent by Fiat).

I observed that new speaker was smaller than old one and only 2 screws (out of total 3) were fitting. Anyway got the work done, but still problem is unresolved. Might be something in the door pads which is vibrating and causing this resonance.

Now I emailed Mangesh to check whether they sent me correct speaker.
It seems Lineas are now coming with JVC Audio system & Speakers. New Linea owners should comment.
Attached Thumbnails
One more Linea story? ... here you go-speaker.jpg  

Old 12th September 2009, 00:03   #155
BANNED

Neo

Do you mean only JVC speakers or JVC system also? If JVC system, then what happened to Blaupunkt?

The old & new speakers in your pic are entirely different
Old 12th September 2009, 00:13   #156
BHPian

Mail from mangesh ...

Dear sir, Earlier we were supplying the Blaupunkt Speakers.
Presently we are serving the our OE speakers under following details along with JVC Audio system

59116308: JVC Head Unit

51830230: OE SPEAKER FRONT

55701248: OE SPEAKER REAR

Last edited by neotraveller : 12th September 2009 at 00:17.
Old 12th September 2009, 01:01   #157
BANNED

Oh. HU is changed & we were hearing that blaupunkt & Blue&Me are like unseparable ?

How's JVC genrally vs blaupunkt? I think it should be better. Shall have to check with a recent Linea owner

EDIT: Could this be due to general feedback that blaunpunkt music system in Linea is nothing special ?

Last edited by VahanPujari : 12th September 2009 at 01:03.
Old 12th September 2009, 08:12   #158
BHPian

Thats the shock of my life!!!.

Damn i am going to change my head unit now!!

I mean how come they can change head unit to JVC !!!!
Old 12th September 2009, 09:17   #159
BHPian

Will be interesting to know how JVC HU is geared towards line in and aux inputs as well as Blue Tooth capability. They would've obviously mated it to Blue&Me.
Old 12th September 2009, 13:20   #160
Senior - BHPian

They changed HU also. Am curious to know how the new HU looks and hows the sound from JVC speakers and HU. If its not distorted and better than Blaupunkt then i will kill Fiat guys.

Someone buy a new lot Linea soon so that we can have a look without going to dealer
Old 12th September 2009, 14:29   #161
BHPian

yeah it will be interesting to see the new JVC units.
I thought JVC is generally not so famous for car audio as Blaupunkt ... they are more into camcorders and home-musicsystems. This is my perception, I may be wrong though.

Today a tech from Autofin motors came over to my house to do a free vehicle-checkup (10point basic check- airfilter, fluid levels, battery, wipers etc etc). It seems they are doing on all Lineas.

Good job TATA-Fiat
Old 13th September 2009, 00:33   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Someone buy a new lot Linea soon so that we can have a look without going to dealer
Even the dealers do not have new stock. Today at Fortune Motors Powai I saw Linea in Fox Trot Azure. The HU was blaupunkt.

BTW Foxtrot Azure do not look as gorgeous in flash as it looks in pics. It looks slightly dull
Old 13th September 2009, 12:56   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Even the dealers do not have new stock. Today at Fortune Motors Powai I saw Linea in Fox Trot Azure. The HU was blaupunkt.
BTW Foxtrot Azure do not look as gorgeous in flash as it looks in pics. It looks slightly dull
Maybe the sep produced Lineas might have the new HU. I have no plans to go to TASS now till 15k serv in April.
Foxtrot is a dull blue color, the Lullaby blue is the deeper shade which looks good. They will introduce that too. Fiat has now their own paint shop, will keep increasing shades.

My Linea was wading through some deep water yest and the ABS light flashed and a warning came on display but it went off after few secs.
Hope it doesnt come back, please. Varna 1 aur din TASS
Old 14th September 2009, 13:55   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the ABS light flashed and a warning came on display
It is just that the ABS sensors would have been clogged by water . it would have gone when water dried. i remember some one else too had a similar problem here
Old 14th September 2009, 14:08   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
It is just that the ABS sensors would have been clogged by water . it would have gone when water dried. i remember some one else too had a similar problem here
Ashwin,

Have left Linea at home today for it to get baked in sun and get its sensors dried up
Will drive her tonight and check if ABS light comes up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks