Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 20:09   #31
BHPian

Ahhh , the lady in red looks ready for a date!! Congrts my friend, you have our admiration, as guaranteed
Old 20th April 2009, 01:43   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahshahid View Post
I also have observed the grinding noise when braking abruptly to bring it to complete halt. Have posted this observation on separate thread.

I do feel that after driving now for 300 km or so, the noise has reduced.

But still it does come especially if u brake a little abruptly & completely while on an incline.
Same Here. I asked the Linea Service advisor today when I was at workshop. He explained with some diagrams etc that the noise is normal & comes when you start applying break & just 1 second before the vehicle comes to a halt after complete braking. I asked him to drive my car & he shown it to me tjhe same.
am not sure if the explanation is alright but don't want to do anything as I believe when going for further improving a thing invariably ends in deteriorating even the original condition (which surprisingly he also said very frankly)

I got that sound in my Ford Ikon also (which didn't have ABS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmzbond View Post
When i reached the petrol pump, i realised, i dont know where the lever is.
I experienced exsctly the same thing, Reached petrol pump straight from showroom & didn't know where the fuel lid-opener was. fortunately it was right in front right side of driver seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I do read the user's manual of all the cars that I buy.
Very true. Quite useful & its a MUST I may say. I read user manuals of every little thing
Old 20th April 2009, 03:00   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats for your new Linea. It looks dashing in red!

As regards 91 octane fuel, even I was perplexed when I bought my Fiesta 2 years ago. After searching on this forum, I discovered that ordinary IOC petrol is 91 octane in cities. I don't exactly remember the name of the thread.
@vnabhi - are you sure ordinary IOC petrol is 91 octane/

I tried google it & found following useful links saying IOC "ExtraPremium" is 91 Octane petrol

Anyway Linea manual says "minimum 91 octane & not THE 91 Octane

http://www.fcbulkacomstrat.com/Comst...mstrat2004.pdf

The Hindu Business Line : Branded petrol

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...additives.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ne-fuel-3.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...bharat-ii.html

Autocar India Forums: Shell Super Petrol - Octane Rating?

Last edited by VahanPujari : 20th April 2009 at 03:12.
Old 20th April 2009, 08:54   #34
BHPian

I have a petrol Linea and have a query on the topic of K&N air filters. My car is about three weeks old now and has hardly done 400kms. Would it be advisable to change the stock air filter to stock K&N filters right now during run in? I don't intend to go in for performance intakes and filters.

Would it be advisable to change to the K&N filter after the first service, 3000kms or 3 months?
Old 20th April 2009, 10:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Right, it doesn't have a screen. I was more wondering if it will give the turn-by-turn voice directions like the commercial GPS devices.
I will vary the rpms and add some spice into my driving

While you might not be able to see the turn by turn directions on a screen, if you use a phone like the E71 ( as I do) you might be able to hear the instructions over the ICE. I am not a 100% sure, but this seems the most logical outcome to me!
Old 20th April 2009, 11:12   #36
BHPian

Better not change the filters. Do the engine run in properly with the stock filter and change to K&N later, post expiry of the warranty. If you do so, please check with the dealer regarding possible warranty issues as well.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:33   #37
BHPian

problems

I am getting this message during driving "Oil pressure insufficient" on the display, which quickly disappears.

I have experienced this twice and this happens when the engine is about to stall. Both times I was in traffic and 2nd gear, and was too slow and busily changing clutch/gear and this message flashed and disappeared as soon as I switched to appropriate gear (1st).
Anybody seen this?

@ashahid, This is exactly what I experience in my car.
Especially up/down an incline when doing slow release-apply process of brakes.
Also I read in the manual that the braking system would only work perfect after 500km.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahshahid View Post
I also have observed the grinding noise when braking abruptly to bring it to complete halt.
But still it does come especially if u brake a little abruptly & completely while on an incline.
I hear thud sounds (slight sounds only) when car is passing over speedbreakers or pot-holes. I thought that was normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
different Thud noise from shocks.never heard this sound from other cars.

Last edited by neotraveller : 20th April 2009 at 11:35.
Old 20th April 2009, 13:26   #38
BANNED

Quote:
I am getting this message during driving "Oil pressure insufficient" on the display, which quickly disappears.

I have experienced this twice and this happens when the engine is about to stall. Both times I was in traffic and 2nd gear, and was too slow and busily changing clutch/gear and this message flashed and disappeared as soon as I switched to appropriate gear (1st).
Anybody seen this?
I've seen this msg "Oil pressure insufficient" on the display, it appeared when the car was in 2nd gear & before I engage 1st gear, the engine got shut off. not seen the msg again as I've a habot of lowering the gear imdtly when speed reduces
Old 20th April 2009, 13:38   #39
BHPian

@vahan,

Actually let me correct my previous statement.

1st time it was similar to yours. The engine stalled when driving in 2nd and I failed to shift to 1st gear.

2nd time, today ... the engine hadn't stalled. I successfully shifted down to 1st. But during this process i saw that message flash and disappear.

Last edited by neotraveller : 20th April 2009 at 13:39.
Old 20th April 2009, 14:36   #40
BANNED

Quote:
@vahan,

2nd time, today ... the engine hadn't stalled. I successfully shifted down to 1st. But during this process i saw that message flash and disappear.
Did the engine lug? may be you were late in shifting to 1st gear & engine was about to go off.
Suggest you check if this msg appears when you normally change gear from 2nd to 1st without any lugging issues. pls also let me know your observation
Old 21st April 2009, 23:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Did not your car come with a user's manual? Most cars do. Reading it defintely helps you in getting to know your car better.

I do read the user's manual of all the cars that I buy.
Yeah, it did. But i love to explore most of the features myself. Finally, i opened the manual few days back and read about all these things. . But, then i expect the dealer who is charging 8 lacs to at least explain these basics. But probably, i am asking for more.
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:50   #42
BHPian

Promising *** for Linea

During delivery I had noticed that the right speaker was jarring in high-volume.
I casually mentioned this to my sales guy.

Now since past 2 days I have been getting calls from Autofin workshop that they want to pickup my car and examine it.
Awesome. Hope the service levels stay like this forever

I told them I will come myself to the service centre this weekend.
(meanwhile I'll keep observing my car for a week and jot down any other issues)
Old 26th April 2009, 15:08   #43
BHPian

1st visit to service center

I had a couple of issues in my Linea and went to the service center on saturday.
The service center and TATA officials made 3-4 calls making sure that they are on the job and waiting to attend to my problems.
The service center was big, but was pretty busy out there with cars (especially indicas) lined up and all. Needless to say, everyone was ogling at my car ... admiration guaranteed .
The works manager personally stayed with me and spent about an hour understanding my car/problems. He then assigned a service tech to me and went away.

Following were my problems/solutions:
1) check oil pressure message when vehicle is about to stall/in 2nd gear at almost stand-still speeds.
--> They connected the engine/ECU examiner and found one issue. They rectified it saying it was some loose contact.
The "examiner" is a laptop type machine that runs on win98. They had various selections: 1.4 8v, 16v & 16v turbo. Also diesel had 3 flavours too.
I quickly asked about 1.4 16v turbo and he said that the software is imported, so engines listed doesn't mean they are in the offing!
2) The right door speaker vibrates/becomes harsh at high volume.
--> They will get the speaker examined/replaced tomorrow as the music system is serviced somewhere else (at blaupunkt showroom).
3) There is some grinding noise when braking/releasing on inclines.
--> He said this was normal and nothing out of the ordinary.
Well, maybe I am guessing its the ABS/EBD then as I haven't heard it on my zen.

Also asked miscellaneous questions:
1) Engine response slow in 1-2 gears. (although these days i feel its good enough. Maybe engine is freeing up or maybe i am getting used to it!)
--> Service tech said, it hould free-up after 1000km. Its too early to say anything.
2) What Petrol to use
--> Normal unleaded

All in all it was a good experience and the officials were on their toes in attending to Linea customers. The works manager mentioned that for Linea, they are leaving no stone unturned to get a good reputation.
Old 26th April 2009, 15:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Since a few Linea's have been through their first service, I have a question to ask. In the Pre-Linea days, everytime I called Tata-Fiat service for an appointment, the conversation went like this:

Me: I would like an appointment on Friday morning before 10 am for a paid service on my car.

Service Center Lady: Sure sir. Is it an Indica or Indigo?

Has this changed to "Sure sir. Is it a Tata or a Fiat product?"

That, IMO, would make us soutela Fiat customers feel much better!

Last edited by amit : 26th April 2009 at 15:52.
Old 26th April 2009, 15:59   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
I have a petrol Linea and have a query on the topic of K&N air filters. My car is about three weeks old now and has hardly done 400kms. Would it be advisable to change the stock air filter to stock K&N filters right now during run in? I don't intend to go in for performance intakes and filters.

Would it be advisable to change to the K&N filter after the first service, 3000kms or 3 months?
the stock replacement filter hardly makes any difference whatso-ever

ur better off with the stock filter itself. remember that this costs just about as much as it costs to CLEAN A STOCK REPLACEMENT K&N filter !!!

so its best avoided

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks