Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 10:20   #106
BANNED

Neo

this almost exactly matches with my interaction with Corporate Quality person from Fiat.

Quote:
In any case, if something breaks, they will replace it.
Yes, thats beauty of Tata's. They'll do it without any fuss unlike other MFRs/ Dealers who'll raise hundred questions to discourage
Quote:
new Lineas now as they have a state-of-the art painting facility in Fiat factory for Punto and Linea.
Maybe this is the reason for Punto's awesome paint finish! Damn I wonder if new Lineas will look better than ours.

Quote:
He said redesign of the whole mechanism is a big thing as they have to work with Fiat-Italy and also promised that if it was necessary will also be done.
To me, Fiat person said to observe seat height issue for some time. In case, I still feel it, then he'll send the entire assembly/ mechanism & get it replaced.
I was just about to send him the mail. My seat does not come down much. But it definitely seems to come down, though only 1 or 2 strokes in 1or 2 days. Now I'm wondering should I get it changed or let the existing seat continue.
What say, guys?
Quote:
Apparently we will never need underbody protection coating / paint protection treatment as they have maintained those high standards already.
He also said exactly same words to me when I asked

In any case, we always knew - these are not "Must-Have's", they are "nice-to-have's"
Old 24th June 2009, 10:55   #107
BHPian

It seems they were not able to reproduce this problem after doing some 300km test drive with people of different weights.
So now they seem to have concluded that "thigh touching the lever" is probably the reason.

And hence, Fiat is adjusting the lever , ONLY for people who report this problem (Fiat is thinking that it will only occur for some people depending the way they enter / exit the car?).
But if need be, they are willing to change the assembly also if I am not satisfied.

And all in all, I see this a a great positive on Fiat/TATAs part in being proactive in resolving issues.
Now this gives peace of mind for me that dealers/company is backing me in case of problem and not black-mailing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
To me, Fiat person said to observe seat height issue for some time. In case, I still feel it, then he'll send the entire assembly/ mechanism & get it replaced.

Last edited by neotraveller : 24th June 2009 at 10:57.
Old 24th June 2009, 11:25   #108
BANNED

Quote:
for new Lineas now as they have a state-of-the art painting facility in Fiat factory for Punto and Linea.
Maybe this is the reason for Punto's awesome paint finish! Damn I wonder if new Lineas will look better than ours.
If this happens, shouldn't we initial Linea-owners ask Fiat to repaint our cars?
Quote:
It seems they were not able to reproduce this problem after doing some 300km test drive with people of different weights.
So now they seem to have concluded that "thigh touching the lever" is probably the reason.

And hence, Fiat is adjusting the lever , ONLY for people who report this problem (Fiat is thinking that it will only occur for some people depending the way they enter / exit the car?).
But if need be, they are willing to change the assembly also if I am not satisfied.
Yes, exactly the same thing I was also told
Should I get it changed or no? It goes down by 1/ 2 strokes in 1 or 2 days
Old 24th June 2009, 11:30   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
And all in all, I see this a a great positive on Fiat/TATAs part in being proactive in resolving issues.

Now this gives peace of mind for me that dealers/company is backing me in case of problem and not black-mailing me.
That's great to know man!!!

Thanks for conveying all the issues to Fiat people that we've discovered & discussed here. The "niggling issues" thread did help a lot man!

- Manish
Old 24th June 2009, 13:25   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If this happens, shouldn't we initial Linea-owners ask Fiat to repaint our cars?
Are you kidding
you mean you will ask fiat to take car back to pune factory for repaint? Thats impossible, want to do anything we should bang our heads on wall for buying Linea so early.
The new paint area of fiat is truly top class, saw a red punto and GLOSS level was so high i cant even tell in words. Paint quality on present lineas is also good.

Regarding tow hooks thing, it was me and geeash also. I sent pranava, VP's car, my car's pics to tata to comment why they didnt had the tow hook in place. I got a call too but seems they dont know why its like that.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 24th June 2009 at 13:27.
Old 24th June 2009, 13:42   #111
BHPian

Well, this is what I heard from Fiat guy with whom I was talking during GP launch here in Pune. He mentioned that since Fiat's own paint workshop was closed for renovation, they got few Lineas painted from Tata's workshop and that probably explains a bit of quality difference in some Lineas. He mentioned that new Lineas as well as GPs will now have a great looking paints. I am just dying to see dark gray color Linea/GP in flesh/metal.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:10   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Are you kidding
you mean you will ask fiat to take car back to pune factory for repaint? Thats impossible, want to do anything we should bang our heads on wall for buying Linea so early.
Why car to be sent to pune? Do you mean that if the bonnet or boot gets damaged & needs painting, do they send every little part for painting to pune? highly unlikely. Am sure they do it at service station using fiat-approved materials, paints & the paint facility approved by tata-fiat
Old 24th June 2009, 14:21   #113
BHPian

I think this better paint stuff is because Fiat's plant probably has some hi-tech machinery that minimizes paint-mismatches etc.
No amount of repainting will match that finish.

When I was probing him further with these questions like ... "oh so all new Linea's will have better paint finish than mine?" he quickly corrected himself saying no no even your Linea's paint finish is excellent.
The chance of an error is less is what he concluded.

But I doubt him, I am sure it will be better after seeing puntos.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:44   #114
Senior - BHPian

I am impressed with the way in which Fiat is responding to customer complaints and suggestions. This is so unlike Fiat . Just shows that they are serious this time. Only thing is they should keep up this momentum and not let it loosen up. Not just big but even minor complaints are being attended to well. A friend of mine put down in the feedback form that the vehicle washing, post service, was not upto mark and he got a voucher for 2 free washing's at a Tata-Fiat dealer.
Old 24th June 2009, 15:08   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why car to be sent to pune? Do you mean that if the bonnet or boot gets damaged & needs painting, do they send every little part for painting to pune? highly unlikely. Am sure they do it at service station using fiat-approved materials, paints & the paint facility approved by tata-fiat
The high gloss paint finish of Punto doesnt come from service centre painting but from a state of the art automatic paint booth.
If you give the car for repaint of whole car, service centre paint shop will have a 10 times poor paint finish than factory paint finish because factory paint booths are dust proof and paint is applied on a fixed temperature inside the booth on a car.

For eg, my santro met with a small accident the workshop wasnt even able to match color exactly on fender with other body parts. That is why in all my cars i avoid going to service centre for small repaint jobs as they are never able to perfectly match color with factory finish.
Old 1st July 2009, 20:20   #116
BHPian

Blue n Me problem

I had a pendrive connected since 2 weeks. It was playing fine.
But since 2 days, I noticed that it wasn't playing AND now I am not able to "see" any of the BluenMe menus on the display. Pressing the src/OK button doesn't display anything.
Also I am unable to see my phonebook/incoming/outgoing calls etc.

The voice commands are working. I am making calls etc. Just that I am unable to see anything on the display

Although if I say "media player" ... it doesn't respond anything.

This seems weird. Any quick tip to address this?
Old 1st July 2009, 21:55   #117
Senior - BHPian

Check this site.
Blue and Me - The FIAT Forum
you might get some worthy information.
I have read some stuffs related the same issue as yours.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:58   #118
BHPian

Thanks karthik.
Seems like a very useful forum. I registered there also. Lots of technical discussions there, especially from GP and Bravo owners.

This is the exact same issue I am facing:
blue and me - no display on dash - The FIAT Forum

Seems like removing fuses / battery reset is needed. Hmm, hope it goes away by itself, I am not comfortable removing fuses and all.
Old 1st July 2009, 23:11   #119
BHPian

Hi Everyone....
I would like to thank all the Linea Owners for their regular update on Linea helped me to decide my car and I have booked my car last week - A Petrol Emotion - Hip Hop Black.....I was travelling, hence couldn't post it earlier....Came back yesterday and got a SMS from Sales guy informing the chassis and engine number. I was trying to decode the chassis number but couldn't do that. The number he has sent has 20 character long - MCA11031609XXXXXXDPZ. I am trying to interpret the manufacturing month. I have a feeling that the chassis number refer to Manufacturing month + Year as April 2009. Can anyone help me to decode the fiat Chassis number.

Moderator - If this is not right place for this post, please delete it or move it to appropriate location in the forum. I added it here as most of the Linea Owners are here in this post.
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:18   #120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
The number he has sent has 20 character long - MCA11031609XXXXXXDPZ.
Looks like Apr'09 - mfr year

You can get the info from this
VIN View /// AnalogX

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks