Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2009, 17:50   #31
BANNED

Congratulations. Very nice. Even nicer that you chose white.
Old 21st April 2009, 17:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Hi Jammy & Happy wheels,

I did change the code even before I drove out the car from dealership.
I have all this features in my Autocop for IKON (which I configured myself) and am really at home with these features...
Oopppsss.... and here were teaching the master the trade!
Old 21st April 2009, 18:35   #33
BHPian

Thanks hrag for you compliments.

@ Happy wheels: I am no master, just a simple student who learns his way thru...

@ Red Liner: I will have to scan the nippon manual first. It is around 10 page, but very well laid instruction. It came as a part of the set of Scorpio manuals. I will do it tonight incase you have not received the same with your car. If you have it already, then it is very simple. The combination of a couple of chirps and button pressing, and you have all the customisation you want. PM me and I will walk you thru the process over phone any time....
Old 21st April 2009, 21:16   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

sudipta liked the new pictures of your white beast.Expecting more reviews.I too will go for the extended warranty soon for an extra two years. Please ensure that your Scorpio is securely parked as this SUV is at present the car thieve's No.1 choice. Since your parking is outside this is very much needed.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:02   #35
BHPian

@ Red Liner: I have forwarded you an email with the scan copy of the Nippon Security Manual. This has all the steps to configure starting from the Engine Immobilisation. Hope this is helpful.
Old 21st April 2009, 23:35   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Sudipta, you are wonderful. Thank you so much for this! I am sorry if I spoilt your evening.
Old 22nd April 2009, 06:53   #37
BHPian

@Red Liner: No Worries mate, we are here to help each other.

@Raj: I have forwarded you the scan copy also. Let me know if you need any further help.
Old 22nd April 2009, 09:42   #38
BHPian

Hi All,

Here is some pictures which I took today morning. Let me know if you need any specifics.

I am not good with camer. So kindly excuse the quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550472.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550473.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550474.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550475.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550476.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550477.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550478.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550479.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550480.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550481.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550482.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550483.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550484.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550485.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550486.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550487.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550488.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550489.jpg  

Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550490.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2009, 10:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the manual sudipta.

OHHHH, i love those black interiors. i got beige in mine. i badly wanted those red on black instrument console, they look super cool when lit up. also, the black gear lever cover with red stiching looks awesome. i feel the middle row legroom in my 7 seater version is more. in your 8 seater version, isnt the middle row on rails? so is this pic with the middle row in full ahead position or full behind position?

can you please post a pic of the instument console when lit up at night?

thanks.

EDIT: hey, i just now noticed yours is the micro-hybrid scorpio. had you mentioned this before??? anyways, how do you find this feature? does it have any switch to turn it on/off at driver's wish? is this the switch, circled in yellow in the pic below?
Attached Thumbnails
Post MGM drama, the White Lady is home (Scorpio)-sa550476.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 22nd April 2009 at 10:16.
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:20   #40
BHPian

I am impressed with the improvement in the interiors of the Scorpio over the previous versions. I never liked the wooden or grey finish in the earlier Scorpio. The double din music system looks very neat and the black interiors are indeed good. I hope M&M have also improved the quality of the plastics.

Good choice Sudipta.
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:40   #41
BHPian

Great colors for the interiors. Is this interior only for the VLX? Black interiors looks good for the scorpio.. looks classy. Seats, gear lever cover, dash, WOW . Do they offer this interior with the SLE? I'm looking at the SLE since I dont want the elec gizmos like auto wiper, auto lights etc. Considering my options to acquire money to buy sometime later this year.

The two-din system looks good. How's the sound quality? They were offering a mp3 system with SLE as well. Is it worth taking it?
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:44   #42
BHPian

@Ardy: no complains till now with the quality of plastics, it also feel good to touch. I did like the black over the fake wood finish.

@Raj: The middle row is in the mid position on the rails. I will put to the full back and get a picture for 2nd and 3rd row to estimate the legroom.

you are spot on with the Micro Hybrid switch. It is possible to turn it off/on as per drivers wish. I checked this feature and kind of liked it. But as my wife is a novice driver so I have switched it of for now.

She enjoys the rear parking sensor, but my favourite is the cruise control. I didn't get much chance to use it but when I was testing it, that felt super cool and very relaxing.
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:52   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Krish3, sorry to burst your bubble, but you get only the beige interiors in the SLE. Poor people like us have to contend with that

The MP3 system offered with the SLE is hopeless as compared to an Alpine or anything else upmarket. Highly recommend you upgrade yourself.

Sudipta, the red ensemble looks superb. Maybe the L board could be made a little more inconspicuous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Great colors for the interiors. Is this interior only for the VLX? Black interiors looks good for the scorpio.. looks classy. Seats, gear lever cover, dash, WOW . Do they offer this interior with the SLE? I'm looking at the SLE since I dont want the elec gizmos like auto wiper, auto lights etc. Considering my options to acquire money to buy sometime later this year.

The two-din system looks good. How's the sound quality? They were offering a mp3 system with SLE as well. Is it worth taking it?
Old 22nd April 2009, 10:58   #44
BHPian

Thanks Krish for the kind words. Not sure what the other models spec is as there wasn't much variety in the showroom/workshop when I was taking delivery. Red Liner has an SLE model. He could help you with that information.

I am not a sound freak, so I am very happy with the quality of sound that comes of the system. The bass and treble are sufficient without any distortion on high volume also. I tried with the maximum of all and still there was no problem. I had to roll down the windows to save my ears from bursting.

My only objection is to the position of the rear speakers. They are fitted in the rear door and the last row of seats almost covers them completely. In effect, I only hear the front 2 speakers.
Old 22nd April 2009, 11:11   #45
Team-BHP Support

Sudipta, were the front seats pushed forward by any chance? The space between the dashboard and the seats is way too less!

From the pics it also appears that the third low has more leg space over the middle row, although thigh support is better the other way round.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks